Thanks you based gnome devs. Gnome 3.32 is now much faster than plasma with lower ram usage...

Thanks you based gnome devs. Gnome 3.32 is now much faster than plasma with lower ram usage. It is truly the best DE for those who want to get work done instead of ricing hundreds of useless settings

Attached: gnome-3-32-desktop-environment-to-launch-with-a-radical-new-icon-theme-524663-3.jpg (1129x697, 124K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.gnome.org/aday/2018/10/09/farewell-application-menus/
gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/issues/1413
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Gnome 3.32 is now much faster than plasma with lower ram usage
proofs?

Folder icons are now ugly as fuck.

What "unnecessary" features they get rid of ?

The application menus: blogs.gnome.org/aday/2018/10/09/farewell-application-menus/

A better question might be - what haven't they got rid of?

ROFL

That was a retarded idea to begin with. Good riddance.

Proof? What would OP need proof for?

...still depends 3rd party exentions to be usable.
Nice b8 though.

Attached: 1505004053032.png (1233x957, 173K)

>Adwaita """refreshed"""
I'll keep using adapta, thanks.

...3rd party extensions that never work on the current version because the Gnome devs can't resist breaking everything with every release.

>gnome extensions are bad
>Uses third party applets and widgets made by some pajeet from the "kde widget store"

I wish they had an adwaita theme that looked like what this guy proposed. I would prefer to use default everything when possible, but it was (unsurprisingly) shot down.
gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/issues/1413

Attached: 1519834896500.png (864x528, 39K)

By current do you mean the latest released version or "I just compiled it from source" version? Because I have been using gnome for 3+ years, most of the time with a shitload of popular extensions and I have only had a handful of extensions break and even then is was for like a day.

>This seems just 'because I like it better that way'.
>You're not allowed to have things the way you like them.
The absolute STATE of gnome cucks.

>Adapta
>not Arc-Dark
shit taste m8

I used that before. Adapta comes with the shell theme that does the transparency thing when you don't have a window maximized + adapta-eta makes the top bar take up less space. You could get the same effect with arc, but I don't care enough to edit the theme. I like the arc minimize/maximize/close buttons better, though.

Not him, but I use both, and Gnome has been slimmed down for a couple of months now. Last time I looked both DE's were pretty much even in terms of resource usage. That being said,Gnome has the advantage of better graphical quality by a long shot. If you're an Intel peasant, I guess that probably doesn't matter, though.

Yeah, it was pretty redundant, and only got in the way of the dock and the Places drop-down.

Woah,imagine an application having to use a plug-in to extend it's features!

Ironically, KDE Connect is the only extension that has ever broken anything on my Gnome desktop.

This, global menus aren't intuitive and don't work with focus on hover.

KDE has actual features.
Gnome you may as well run openbox and throw a stick of ram in the trash.

Only took till version 3.32 eh?