Hybrid cloud strategy by IBM Cloud

Take advantage of a hybrid cloud strategy by seamlessly migrating your enterprise VMware workloads to the IBM Cloud. Get started.

ibm.com/cloud/vmware?cm_mmc=PSocial_4channel_-Watson

Attached: ibm-hybrid-cloud.webm (852x480, 2.79M)

Other urls found in this thread:

microway.com/product/ibm-power-systems-ac922/
nextplatform.com/2018/05/09/ibm-rounds-out-power9-systems-for-hpc-analytics/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So, it's like the same 1970 thing where you use a dumb terminal to access a mainframe?

Sage this ad. Pay for ads fuckong ibm

THANK YOU, BASED IBM!

No. Fuck off with your cloud vendor lock-in bullshit.

Kindly fuck off sir

Samefag

>being this new

Wasted trips. Never buying IBM.

>?cm_mmc=PSocial_4channel

Attached: ....png (326x523, 269K)

Wow IBM marketing directly to Jow Forums... Who's idea was this?

FYI IBM, most people here don't have a job, and those who do, well, they certainly don't look to Jow Forums for advice. If you want to do honest marketing on Jow Forums, you'll have to _not_ make new threads, and instead post to existing threads showing off. That's the only way to impress the NEETs here.

>Watson

Anyone here wouldn't trust the cloud anyway; if you want to run on IBM hardware, buy yourself a Talos or a Blackbird

I'm not op and unironically work at IBM Canada a d know for a fact that IBM doesn't do vendor lock in, they work with Amazon, Azure etc just as much as their own cloud. This ad is probably ironic though, I'd be shocked if someone from our piece of shot marketing team thought this would be a good idea

I wonder how much do actual IBM Power9 servers cost and what's the minimum order size

How is the revolving door at Toronto Lab treating you?

Microway is saying $55 000 to $75 000 for an AC922, but they include a "lifetime" support contract, so who knows how much is the hardware price.
Plus you have the Tesla V100s adding cost...
microway.com/product/ibm-power-systems-ac922/

Jesus Christ. Still it sounds like they don't get that big of a margin when including at least 40k for the GPUs.

IBM pricing according to NextPlatform:
nextplatform.com/2018/05/09/ibm-rounds-out-power9-systems-for-hpc-analytics/

>With two 3.2 TB NVM-Express flash drives,
>256 GB of main memory,
>and a dual-port 100 Gb/sec EDR InfiniBand adapter,
>a power AC922 with two 20 core Power9s and four of the 32 GB Voltas
>costs $133,215 at list price.

Need more GPUs?

>using the 22 core Power9s,
>with 512 GB of main memory
>and six of the 32 GB V100s
>and the same InfiniBand setup
>will set you back $166,213 at list price.

The chassis itself (no CPU no RAM, no storage, no network card) is $5,100.

>The 16 core Power9 processor costs $2,999 and
>the 20 core Power9 costs $3,999.
>IBM is charging
>$11,499 for a Tesla V100 with 16 GB of frame buffer memory and
>$15,499 for the V100 with 32 GB.

Nevermind, the base price really doesn't mean much; for the LC922 there is no base price at all. Welcome to enterprise-tier pricing I guess.

>And you also have to realize this is list pricing, which no one pays and particularly not customers displacing Xeon iron and buying dozens to hundreds of nodes.

>cm_mmc=PSocial_4channel_-Watson
why they be stealin Watson?

God I wish Emma Watson would sit on my dick

I pressed the migrate button on my keyboard and now there's an African gentleman in my house. I told him to leave but he keeps saying he was invited by an American that makes clouds and he'd like very much to meet my wife. Can anyone explain this?

kek