How's that job search coming along, bros?

How's that job search coming along, bros?

Attached: feel.jpg (355x425, 23K)

Bad.
>be warehouse shift lead
>part time, 45 hours/week at $15/hr
>no degree or certs
>college is unaffordable bc straight white male in America who dicked about in high school
>parents kicking me out in June
>desperately searching for entry level IT jobs to pay the bills but they all pay less than $15/hr and less than 40 hrs/week
>no results
Please advise.

job, you say?

Attached: 1551066657973.png (612x526, 326K)

Ironically having a half decent job is the only part of my life that's not fucked.

You could try full labor instead of IT, if you've been working for long in that warehouse you might be able to get a real construction job as a laborer, no trade courses needed. The pay is higher and you get more hours, if there's a laborers union in your country (I know the US and Canada do), the working conditions and pay are actually very good. Call the nearest local and ask them about joining.

>had to move back in with parent last month
>applied to 20+ jobs to date
>a few interviews
>no offers
>already want to end my suffering
>don't want a cope so I can summon the will to shoot self
I don't want to use drugs to escape. I want to be sober so I can feel every bit of pain - to feel reality - and then deliver myself from it.

Shit is fucked. I basically shot myself in the face with a shotgun.

>Huge company sends me programming exam
Completely shitshow. Embarrass myself and blackball myself from ever working there in the future
>Maassive company does the same
Another embarrassing shitshow on my part
>Small company does the same
Just as terrible as before

I don't think I'm going to make it guys. Applying to low level IT jobs and for a data analyst position.
The name of the game is apply apply everywhere until your shit sticks somewhere right? No matter how unskilled I am I have to land somewhere right? Please give me some hope

Attached: 1548664121409.jpg (579x663, 34K)

Not to sound conceited, but I’m too smart to lay brick. If I don’t do something white collar I’ll shoot myself by my mid 20s. I have applicable skills in IT and audio/electrical engineering, but nothing to put on a resume to show for it. Maybe I’ll start practicing web design again and freelance for a living, yeah?

How unskilled are you?

I have a job but want a new one desperately.
Sadly in the last few years I've lost all confidence I once had and feel like I'm back to square one, feeling just like I did back before when I had no experience whatsoever

I can't solve hackerrank problems but I can pick up languages and get comfortable with them easily. My biggest downfall is I am a jack of all trades master of none. I also program through brute force method because I enjoy experimenting autistically until my problem is solved no matter how long it takes. It's gotten me pretty far but it's fucking me up now. I've also done webdev, mobile app dev, block chain nonsense, buzzwordy a.i. stuff to build my portfolio but again my resume also just reads jack of all trades hasn't mastered anything.

I was just offering an alternative, it's not for everyone. If you're good and smarter than the drug addicts you're working with you can move up to foreman and then you're not actually doing physical labor, you're just calling people all day and organizing a crew.

I worked as a construction laborer for about 5 years, made $30/hour with double pay overtime. I got a very good camp job for a while where I worked 12 hours a day 7 days a week. After taxes and shit I had like $1400/week, paid rent and food, that's very good for somebody with 0 training in anything.

Something to think about for you jobless people, results may vary with your region and available work.

Try selling one kidney or something

Nobody wants to pay for some limply freelance webdevs when the tools to create a web page are free and intuitive everywhere and there are much more affordable solutions. The gig economy for basic web design is dying. You will never get anywhere as some basement hobbyist, it's not the 90s anymore.

It's fucking laughable that you believe you're above laying brick when you're stuck in an even less desirable position as a warehouse monkey. Not even a customer service position for christ sake. I'll give you a tip user, get a real fucking job because the professional IT world is no less trying than a construction site. Go outside, attend some courses, a boot camp events and meet-ups and make some human connections. That's what you can leverage. Quit telling yourself a job will fall in your lap if you just waste some more free time in front of a screen.

I'm supposed to be applying for internships. Anxiety and ED are feeding off each other and I'm paralyzed. Maybe I need drugs

>45 hours a week
>part-time
Uhhh? But hey fellow warehouse worker.

Have any operations experience?
I'm also a 'jack of all trades' and I got a job out of college doing 'DevOps', mostly due to a side project I made for a non-profit.
Pretty comfy, mostly just set up build pipelines, write scripts to provision servers, play with the latest meme containerization junk, etc.
Right now I'm working on migrating a bunch of our applications to Kubernetes because my company sucks at keeping applications online.

Find someone to review your resume. Look at staffing agencies and consult resources like jobscan.co to make sure your paper is even reaching a managers desk. Resumes submitted anywhere but the hiring managers grimy hands get shoved through a filtering process to match keywords and formatting and anything that doesn't fit is thrown out. These people get hundreds of apps from losers like you, they don't have time to read shit. You need resources user, not just sheer volume. And a little bit of skill won't hurt.

If you are at least a junior level programmer, here's how you get a job
>do projects on github, and not just "two integer calculator", but something more complex and actually USEFUL
>maybe host them on AWS
>if not, at least dockerize it, so it can be run with a single command without polluting the host environment
>provide links in CV
>create linkedin account with a photo if you don't have one
>send CV
>get interviewed
>don't be a sperg
>get job offers
What employers want to see is DEMONSTRABLE ABILITY, okay? It's really not that hard.

I don’t care that it’s not less trying. I want it because it pays enough for me to survive and it’s air conditioned. I’d love to be in a customer service position, but it just didn’t pay enough. Granted, the job I’m working now pays me so little that I can’t live on my own (even working 45 hours a week at 15/hr), but that’s still 1.5x what I was making working in customer service. I want to move into sales at my company but, again, I don’t have the applicable experience. I think you’ve just told me I have to “pay my dues.” I could’ve told myself that.

Pretty okay I think.
Went for an interview yesterday for a position where I’d write Linux kernel drivers for some industrial networking equipment.
Looked like a fun deal. I hope they liked me :)

Spent 3 months on free code camp / other udemy shit.
Bullshit my way into software engineer job.
Been promoted twice, its been a year.
Man having social skills is awesome :')

>search
Build your reputation in your network and job will come.

Do you code yourself or "delegate" to antisocial skilled coders ?

forget the other stuff and learn js

I've been helping a friend with some really stupid problems from his job, I don't even know how he got hired just after uni. That while I'm here without a single interview.

stop doing that

Why?

Story of my fucking life. I can solve everybody else's problems, always help everybody out, but I can never get anywhere myself, because I can't convince strangers that I am capable of doing it.

Graduated for a year with a Masters in Computing (lmao I know) after stacking shelves in Walmart for close to 4 years.
Just been offered an internship for data analyst.
I went back to study hoping to find something I want to do but I graduated still with no clue. All my classes were pretty damn basic from programming, databases, networking so I struggled to find work in IT.
Is Data Analyst a reasonable career path? I keep reading it is just a fad and many people are jumping into data so the market will be flooded if not already.
I'm hoping to get some skills that is transferable within IT at least since I initially hoped to get something to do with software testing.

Your friend gets fired and there is an opportunity for you to apply for his former job obviously.

B-but he is my friend

Not much of a fucking friend if he just asks you to do his work for him.
Has he tried putting in a word for you where he works to get you into the business?

>Has he tried putting in a word for you where he works to get you into the business?
He did that without me even asking for it, and there is a chance for them to start a team for a KDD project in about two months but outside of that there isn't much more place.

Trying to find something in digital forensics but I live in the suburbs of Michigan. Any chance the police force would let me intern as a lab rat?

>tfw gave up on life
>neet for half a year already
>no social interactions at all

Attached: 1138961386702.png (176x232, 21K)

>but I’m too smart to lay brick

Unless you're running your own business, you're still a cuck no matter how glorious you think it is to sit at a desk. Trade skills make just as good money (sometimes better) than these white collar jobs you're fantasizing about.

t. fag who fell for the college meme but would have rather been a mechanic

>part time, 45 hours/week at $15/hr, warehouse worker
>mfw fulltime, 40 hours/week at $4.3/hr, junior sysadmin

Attached: 1550101295613.jpg (437x501, 46K)

wew lad, are you eastern european

I'm from a tiny mexico in southamerica where weed is legal.

I've been doing that for a few years already.
You haven't actually given up yet, otherwise you'd accepted it and be happy.

whats the difference between not giving up and not doing anything to be more happy?

is this the new doomer thread

Attached: 1551296463827-g.jpg (760x839, 648K)

Just go for A+ Cert, its dick easy

I thought like you. I got a desk job and was happy for a while. Had a couple jobs with billion $ corporations and even a gigantic hospital. At the end of the day I can pay the bills but still want to kill myself. Maybe its just the large scale corporation environment. It leads to backstabbers, micro managers, misuse of funds, understaffment, overstaffment, dumbasses who get paid more, and other general garbage that varies by job.

Op, go to school. But, look at your options. You are thinking too broad. You are thinking about job titles and roles youve only heard about on Jow Forums but not thinking about higher up IT analyst positions and technical writer positions and Sql database admin and other random jobs pays well but is lower stress and not customer facing.

Or break into IT HelpDesk and start getting your certs and move over to server or network or whatever but its tough. You have to be good, exceed expectations, and then do that every day for multiple yeara. And the current/next generation of people are starting to discriminate based on having a degree. The world is starting to turn into "oh, you have 30 years experience but no bachelors? pass".

20 jobs? That's it? I'm at 153 right now after two months of applying. Quit your QQ and hustle harder.

how do you people get to this point, honest question

>The world is starting to turn into "oh, you have 30 years experience but no bachelors? pass".
The only place I know in the comp sci sector where this is not true just yet is silicon valley but that place is its own beast to deal with.

And I have a degree and don't want to be anywhere near there.

I have an associates degree but I decided to wash dishes to fund a full time career in psychedelic discovery and music theory study and now my muscles are starting to get tired at work and I have to do some really gross shit with my hands and I get bbq sauce all up in my fingernails and shit. It's gnarly. but anyway I need to start putting my big boy resume out there so I can start acquiring funds at a greater rate.

Attached: 1548149113666s.jpg (250x186, 13K)

Inspiration. Seeing my high school peers graduate and get those jobs with fucking sweet pay and me left behind was motivation enough to join their ranks.

I'm actually a little different than the other job seekers on this thread. I already had the high paying job (was at $70k) and left to make my own business. That failed so back to the job market. But since I already had a taste of that high life I already know what its like up there.

Job searching sucks dick, not gonna suger coat it. But it also takes time. Its a numbers game. Even when I was applying after I graduated from Uni I had 200+ applications out before I got hired.

Meant for

That 4.3 an hr is probably big money where oyu are. $15 here in the US is homeless tier.

So are you guys saying IT / Networking careers are hard without a computing degree? Would I be better off learning to code instead, or is it the same there? Oh God I'm going to be NEET forever

Attached: 1546705318477.png (356x333, 123K)

Just get certs. Certs are almost as good as a degree and in some instances they're better.

waiting on review of candidates and notification of second interview stage if required/i get in

i know they might have other priorites but just give us a heads up
>continue looking elsewhere
>begin 2nd interview prep

im gonna fall for the data science meme lads. starting as data analyst/ business intelligence, is it possible to work your way up or will i be doomed to clean spreadsheets forever? and does the salary ever become ok?

>don't be a sperg
how am I supposed to do this ?

>certs are almost as good as a degree
Here's how I know you're full of shit.

What about programming jobs? Do they value a computing degree as much?

>>don't be a sperg
:(

Haven't had for a job for 2+ years, mostly got by with freelance jobs and worked on some small hobby projects on the side. How fucked am I? Did this right after graduation too so I feel like I might've fucked up all my chances of getting a real job.

Considering suicide as a legit option is the only thing that calms me down and help me carry on, I could probably do it with no regrets.

Pretty much this.

wtf does that mean, how the fuck do I have a network as a neet

I was the same boat user, hadn't had a job in over 2 years. As far as I see it, you have 4 options

>Lie about work experience. Get a second phone and be your own reference if you don't have a friend who would do it for you
>Say you were self employed, doing whatever. Be creative.
>Say you were traveling the world
>Say a family member was ill and you had to take care of them full time

You could also mix and match. Say you were traveling for a year after graduation and then were self employed. Will make the lie more believable.

Don't kill yourself at least, retard.

Attached: 1548769575799.jpg (250x240, 8K)

I got an entry level C# job with great pay and great hours (45 hours is fucking great since most companies here ask you for 50 or more) for a local fitness company but it just seems too good to be true you know.
In previous interviews for jobs paying 30% or 40% less with more weekly hours and they asked to see my portfolio and check on my references. In this one I got a 10 minutes interview with the IT project lead and a week later I get a call from HR telling me to gather a bunch of documents because I was chosen for the position and start next week.
It just seems to be going too smooth for it to be true. There's got to be something wrong with this.

Attached: 1520738676384.jpg (720x543, 25K)

I honestly don't understand how bad you anons with actual degrees must have fucked up in order not to find any jobs? Or are you just incredibly picky and/or applying for jobs way out of your league? For those without a degree, I can see how it's hard to get past the recruiter and HR barrier.

I was interviewing and getting offers long before I even graduated, and my grades were bad and I didn't even finish on time. Recruitment companies are bugging me literally twice a week, and I've never been not accepted for an interview when I've applied directly.

I was neeting it up for a year and said I worked contractor tech support for a company that gave me no benefits or social security. Kind of under the table stuff.
Seems to work fine since every IT graduate ends up doing that at one point in their life or another after graduating.

are you black/latin or belong to some protected minority group?

You lucked out. Accept it and move on with your life.

>white
>BA
>no IT skills besides basics of python
>no idea where to start

what was your company research tell you?
had you heard of them?
they may have massive staff turnover because its hell on earth to work for them and they are desperate

> be uni senior
> desperately looking for summer internships at big companies
> just got rejected by 2 fortune 500 companies after second round of interviews despite getting along with the interviewers
> only offer is from small, homely school as the solo IT guy/website developer
I support small local business but I really want to join the corporate rat race before I turn 22. How do I keep climbing?

Attached: 1547215295460.jpg (1024x680, 166K)

good, I got 3 jobs now

Learn more skills, then start building a portfolio of projects/contributions. Go to local tech meetups to start building connections. Apply to entry level jobs.

Completed my linkedin yesterday since classmates told me thats where recruiters look.
I'll be graduating this year and doing few classes so I was hoping to get my first job, came close last month but one guy ruined everything and a month later hired a hyper dependant potato for the position anyways, I might have dodged a bullet for all I know, friend told me a bunch of shit going on there after working there for just two months
>Hiring a foreigner who lied and can't even code
>Friend has to tutor her since nobody else pays attention to her
>She had been on the job for two week, her pc still does not have the required software installed, helpdesk keeps ignoring requests by the team to come solve the issue
>Have to be there for 8 or 9 hours when you work 3 hours at most
He is already looking for another job, after working there for 2 months. Bet they will start looking desperately for people to fill in positions once my friends and others leave, oh who am I kidding they will hire more venezuelans who can't do shit but won't quit.

Bad.
I got fired of a shitty manual job that made me want to kill myself 4 months ago.
I'm studying web dev but I think I'm not going to make it due to lack of drive/passion.
Unemployement bux run out on January.

>work for years at a local retail tech business
>apply everywhere as a programmer
>everyone declines my applications

It's a well known local business where rich people hang out. They told me about a guy that was there before me working on their ERP system but only said he quit, never mentioned why. From what I saw the entire IT crew is just one programmer and the manager/project lead so I'll be the third member of the team.
This is the only thing that worries me since this guy turned down a well paying job with decent hours for fuck knows why. I hope he got a better offer and just left rather than quit because of something

Junior software developer, 5.3€/hr gross. 80% of net wage covers rent.

Eastern Europe.

ah, go for it
best of luck

>first interview goes alright
>they keep trying to get me to admit I'm not good at communication for dinner reason
>keep dodging the question
>tfw they ghost me

>second interview
>immediately ends when I say I don't have 2 years of experience with php and that I don't happen to do much bash scripting in my spare time
>blah blah they regret to inform me they found a better candidate

>interview 3
>goes alright, they show me some code and I tell them what's wrong with it
>"so user if you would turn around you will see a whiteboard behind you, just pick a marker and let's begin"
>sweating.tiff
>completely freeze up
>takes me 5 minutes to calculate 10.5/3
>"uh hr will contact you bye"
hold me anons

Attached: 1390353918237.jpg (261x260, 40K)

Bad, I want to give up from my current career (veterinary) and go to tech field
Crazy, this or kill myself with sodium thiopental by IV infusion

Keep trying to change careers user. Learning is a part of the human experience.

Whiteboard interviews are cancer. I know a few people who wouldn't answer what their name is if they weren't prepared for that question. Basically you are hiring based on how the candidate can work if 3 people were watching, him, which is a situation that only happens at interviews.

Went well. 2 months after graduating I found a job located right in the middle of the financial district.

Umm Mexico is in North America

Mexico is Central America

he means urugay.

this fucker knows

if you're the delegator, fuck yourself, asshole

someone post Jow Forums programming challenge roll pls

ask him for a recommendation

There's nothing to give up. Just be happy.
Life is meaningless, stop worrying, make the best of it.

30 years old here. NEET for 10 years. Graduated from uni but then I've just been living at home locked away in my room for 10 years. Never had a job. Never had a GF. What do?

>self taught CS (MIT OCW)
>blockchain dev
>have a LinkedIn profile
>wrote some articles
>get 4 emails everyday from recruiters

just join the botnet and network

>>have a LinkedIn profile
i could do most of that, but not that

Attached: 415123.png (557x618, 415K)

Classmate just gave his boss my resume, I start Monday.

Share your portfolio with us so we can help you identify your strengths.

What is wrong with LinkedIn

botnet

where is the 300k/year js dev?