The C Programming Language

Attached: thecprogramminglanguage.jpg (379x499, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cluster_(spacecraft)?wprov=sfla1
sagartewari01.com/c-macro-magic/
yourlogicalfallacyis.com/bandwagon
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pointers are bad and you should feel bad

Attached: 1527485473838.png (1250x1490, 632K)

I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE LADS WHY DO THEY KEEP BULLYING C THEY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT AN SIMPLE ELEGANT LANGUAGE IS C GIVES YOU TREMENDOUS POWER OVER YOUR MACHINE IT ACHIEVES LITERALLY TEN THOUSAND BILLION TIMES THE PERFORMANCE OF ALL OF THESE STUPID TRANNY RETARD LANGUAGES LIKE THIS RUST THING HOLY SHIT THESE TRANNY FUCKS THINK THEY'RE THE SHIT WELL GUESS WHAT FAGGOTS I CAN USE POINTERS FOR MY FIZZBUZZ AND YOU CAN'T BECAUSE YOUR BORROW CHECKER PREVENTS ANYTHING PAST AN EMPTY PROGRAM HAHAHA HOW DO YOU FEEL NOW RUSTARDS THANKS TO C I CAN USE THE POWER OF VOID POINTERS AND MEMCPY TO ACHIEVE PEAK PERFORMANCE AND DON'T YOU DARE TELL ME MY SHIT SEGFAULTS CAUSE IT'S WRONG I'M THE BEST PROGRAMMER ON EARTH AND THAT'S BECAUSE I DON'T USE ANY NOOBY CONTAINER LIBRARY LIKE THIS C++ ABOMINATION PROVIDES YOU WITH I REIMPLEMENT LINKED LISTS AND BINARY TREES EVERY TIME I USE THEM THAT WAY I KNOW HOW A COMPUTER *REALLY* WORKS ALSO RAII ISN'T USEFUL FUCK YOU OOPAJEETS MALLOC AND FREE IS THE WAY IT'S MEANT TO BE PROGRAMMED AND IT TELLS ME EVEN MORE HOW COMPUTERS *REALLY* WORK AND MY INTIMMATE KNOWLEDGE OF LINKED LISTS MEANS I NEVER HAVE MEMORY LEAKS WHAT ARE YOU SAYING YOU DUMB BITCH MOTHERFUCKER C HAS NO ATOMICS WELL FUCK YOU BLAME LINUX EVERYBODY KNOWS ATOMICS ARE PROVIDED BY THE OS AND NOT THE HARDWARE BUT FUCK YOU C RULES AND IS EXTREMELY SAFE ANE ANYBODY SAYING OTHERWISE IS A RETARD WHO PROBABLY REWRITES STUFF IN RUST INSTEAD OF MAKING LIBC-LESS HELLO WORLDS LIKE I DID LAST NIGHT HOLY SHIT AND YOU'RE SUCH A BRAINLET FOR NEEDING THOSE NOOBY MODULES WHAT I DO IS USE HEADER FILES THAT WAY I EITHER HAVE TO DO METAPROGRAMMING TO PREVEND MULTIPLE INCLUSIONS OR MEGA-ENGINEER MY INCLUSION TREE LIKE THEY DO IN THE PLAN 9 LIBC THAT'S PEAK IQ KIDDO

Attached: segfaulting cnile.png (627x722, 114K)

Top kek

> how computers work is bad and you should feel bad

Ada has always been better. It's what real software engineers use.

What did you just fucking say about me you little bitch

People who hate C are retarded. Not because they can't use the language (although they often can't), but because they don't realize that people who program in C do so because it's enjoyable and satisfying. Writing clean C is like a long, slow blowjob.

>Writing clean C is like a long, slow blowjob.
fucking kek

I'm using C to write an assembler :)

>Writing clean C is like a long, slow blowjob.
You mean the goal itself is to trigger a leak?

I have that book, and I want to learn C. Should I read it and do the exercizes, or get a more practical book?

yes

...so read it or get a different book?

Yes, and you know exactly when you reach the point of no return.

Reading it now user teehee.

Attached: tcpl.jpg (1080x755, 78K)

>woman reading a book about programming instead of just fucking doing it
wahmen in tech, everyone

Also trying to learn this. Should I use a text editor like Vim, or an IDE?

that's super cool bro

that's not even reading. he/she just looks at the cover.

>pointers is how computers work

Attached: 1524210285316.jpg (1170x742, 70K)

Top kek.

hes right

Pointers are an abstraction.

>The C Programming Language

Attached: The_C_Programming_Language_cover.svg.png (792x1023, 107K)

they arent

Attached: C.png (867x812, 1.22M)

Name ONE (1) Pointer to real physical addresses in real mode

0x0

Attached: 1547897410896.png (378x370, 120K)

its good enough. If you really want to learn in depth about C, try the book by K N King

>moving the goalposts

>what is memory address.

use codeblocks

thought so, pointers are an abstraction grandpa

I'm having a discipline in college teaching C
but I missed all classes until now?
is this worth?
also, where can i learn it by myself online?

memory is an abstraction retard. All you physically got is a large array of transistors, which are an abstraction of multi-layered doped silicone.

You're literally retarded, which is an abstraction for a generalized neurological disorder

even assembly is an abstraction

you're an abstraction

Rust is the shittiest gay ass faggot nigger sjw tranny language in existence btw.

ok

No you don't. It's UB at and after the point of going off the edge of a non void function. There's no guarentees on anything.

wonderful pasta, saved

But finding work as a C programmer is pretty hard, no?

ruby is the best

*explodes your rocket*
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cluster_(spacecraft)?wprov=sfla1
Ada isn't safe, use a safe language like C instead.

There is literally nothing wrong with C. It's a perfectly fine language. Protip: if it was absolute garbage it wouldn't still be in use, since 1969.

>>The C Programming Language

>>>The C Programming Language

sagartewari01.com/c-macro-magic/
Imagine your language being so primitive you have to do this to get a linked-list, a data structure no one should use to begin with.
Note how even this primitive task can't be done in the standard C and the author had to use __typeof__ gcc extension.
Imagine thinking it's somehow a good practice and bragging how "you can’t do that in any other language".
Imagine how faster C software was if cniles had access to std::vector-like continuous containers instead of reinventing linked-lists since 1972.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-02-28 C macro magic - Sagar Tewari's Blog.png (694x393, 45K)

>>>>The C Programming Language

>>>>>The C Programming Language

Yet Another Algol Dialect

Currently limping through a C course as my first programming language. I might come back to K&R after I do something like Python

Clet here

How do I put resources into my program without loading from file?
Like Read Only Memory style?
If I just statically declare huge arrays of numbers
wont that blow up the stack?

Attached: ash.png (670x478, 341K)

Every global/static variable is stored inside of the executable itself or otherwise "allocated" when the program starts, and has no effect on stack usage.

xxd -i

Does it matter if it is constant or not?
Like say I have a header thats just an array of 10^9 entries (using ctrl+c ctrl+v lol)

>Does it matter if it is constant or not?
if its const its stored in program memory otherwise its in the heap/stack

but you just said it has no effect on the stack?

Example of what i mean

// header
const int a[1000000];
int b[1000000];
int c[1000000] = { .... };
const int d[1000000] = { ... };

//main
#include "data.h"

What is the point of using Ruby in 2019

I second this, Codeblocks is great.

>he doesn't write to his machines VGA buffer as a test for his kernel
>he doesn't write to spacial function registers on his microcontrollers
You clearly aren't using C for its intended purpose, so stop using it

>C is ONLY for kernels and microcontrollers
ok buddy

>if it was absolute garbage it wouldn't still be in use, since 1969
Nice try, wintoddler, but Windows is shit whether it's been use since 2015 or 1995.
yourlogicalfallacyis.com/bandwagon

There is nothing wrong with JavaScript. Otherwise it wouldn't be so widely used.

I'm a linguistics major just starting out with C out of interest. From what I understand, the best way to learn is begin by learning the primative datatypes before moving on to abstract data structures/ algos. I've had a lot of experience learning natural languages (German and Russian) from tutors but learning C is quite a different experience. I'm wondering if anyone could provide some insight into how to apply abstract data structures in practice. Also any learning tips in general would be greatly appreciated.

>>>>>>The C Programming Language
>>>>>>The C Programming Language

Use Emacs

>THE C PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Attached: THE_LEGO_MOVIE.png (286x261, 84K)

It's another discord trannies take over the thread thread.

Attached: 172723632-1524934957057.png (657x527, 35K)

ye it's good

>C thread
>everybody in this thread keeps writing the same thing over and over again
Pottery.

I mean what else?

You are retarded and you should feel bad.
How the fuck do people like you claim their are programmers in the first place?

Just go and make drivers, create an OS, program a microcontroller and pretty much everything below user(retard)-oriented bullshit by not using C. How come even most languages are based on it. Knowing JS, ruby or whatever shit you bothered learning means you know that shit in particular. Knowing C means you know programming in general.
Good luck.

>age it wouldn't still be in use, since 1969Nice try, wintoddler, but Windows is shit whether it's been use since 2015 or 1995.
Why would you say a lie? Windows is good.

>There is literally nothing wrong with Python. It's a perfectly fine language. Protip: if it was absolute garbage it wouldn't still be in use, since 2008.
>There is literally nothing wrong with Smoking. It's a perfectly fine activity. Protip: if it was absolute garbage it wouldn't still be in use, since ancient times.
>There is literally nothing wrong with Christianity. It's a perfectly fine religion. Protip: if it was absolute garbage it wouldn't still be in use, since 0AD.
>There is literally nothing wrong with OPs bumhole. It's a perfectly fine hole. Protip: if it was absolute garbage it wouldn't still be in use, since OPs 10th Birthday.

What's your most impressive work written in C?

A 3D animated desktop background for Xorg. Hacks into the root window and creates an OpenGL context there.

Nice...

Attached: likepottery.png (800x804, 65K)

>t. doesn't know how ARM or x86 chips are built