I'm want to ungoogle myself. Delete my accounts, switch browser, etc. I don't know which browser to change to though...

I'm want to ungoogle myself. Delete my accounts, switch browser, etc. I don't know which browser to change to though. I keep hearing conflicting things and I don't have the technical know-how to judge which opinion is correct. Ungoogled Chromium still "phones home", Firefox has connections with George Soros or something, Icecat is bloated, Palemoon has bad security, Waterfox also "phones home" and is spyware, Iridium reports to the German government. Everything else like torch and vivaldi is a scam or botnet or Chinese spyware. I don't know what the fuck to do.

Attached: __akagi_ritsuko_neon_genesis_evangelion__sample-d7fe8ed238f08ea658fd16ffa3aae001.jpg (850x1257, 266K)

Other urls found in this thread:

privacytools.io/
github.com/cryptoseb/CryptoPaper
ghacks.net/2017/07/13/privacy-blunder-firefox-getaddons-page-google-analytics/
ghacks.net/2017/10/06/mozilla-to-launch-firefox-cliqz-experiment-with-data-collecting/
ghacks.net/2017/12/16/firefox-looking-glass-extension-what-it-is/
beakerbrowser.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not your fucking tech support, fuck off back to Jow Forums

I don't use pol.

If your impression is that everything is compromised in one way or another then you're spot on.

Oh. That's too bad.

>I don't know what the fuck to do.
lurk moar. ask . nice ritsuko, though.

Ungoogled chromium doesn't phone home (learn to read git merges and pushes), build a freenas server, run nextcloud on a light arm sbc, use fdroid on android with Yalp Store (or buy a Librem 5), learn to use cloud storage but with your own encryption layer, use linux w/ luks, use veracrypt, use 2fa, wire your house with cat6a ethernet... welcome to the club pal.

I almost forgot... buy Monero and save.

Attached: 1551224374181.jpg (520x738, 50K)

All x86 CPU's have gag ordered NSLs backdoors including most arm CPU's.

Best security model is isolation and zero trust. Everything can be compromised with physical access and time except some cryptographic schemes.

(Some governments are able to guess passwords and keys at over 1 billion guesses per second (all your passwords should be over 32 characters long and randomized). )

Attached: 1551207991127.jpg (590x433, 42K)

privacytools.io/
github.com/cryptoseb/CryptoPaper

Thanks for telling me about ungoogled chrome. I'll get to the rest of that after finishing these.
If the government is actively trying to get their hands on my hardware and accounts, i'm already fucked. I'm mostly trying to stop passive data collection and selling.

Attached: 410H2IHR3vL._SY429_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (500x431, 23K)

Then try to use linux w/ open and free software where you can.

The worst data mining isn't done through computers. Companies buy your PayPal/credit card purchase history and cell phone location data (measuring from the cell towers).

I still use a flip phone and paper money when I can.

Wait never mind, flip phones can still be tracked...

All phones are tracked to the cell towersand that information is somewhat open to the highest bidder discovering home address to numbers.

Write your own browser retard

solution
I don't have the time to constantly maintain it.

Attached: 610BKj43cCL._SX425_.jpg (425x358, 19K)

You could have listened to stallman.
He told you DECADES ago that if the user doesn't control the software, the software controls the user. Nobody listened. Proprietary software was just so CONVENIENT.
And now we're in this mess.

Here's a non-Jow Forums version

Chrome - hell no
Chromium - still has some unexpected connections to Google
Ungoogled Chromium - close to upstream? quickly updated? If so, probably a good bet

Firefox - has been opting-in unsuspecting users to analytics and marketing
Firefox ESR - Mozilla *might* mess with enterprise users less
Icecat - small dev team, often out of date, otherwise a good bet

Palemoon and Waterfox are far enough from upstream that I would be worried how secure they are

Iridium I really don't know enough about

Vivaldi and soon to be Edge - just reskinned Chrome; will they remove tracking and ties to Google? Probably not.

>I'm want to ungoogle
You can't

Firefox's oopsies:
ghacks.net/2017/07/13/privacy-blunder-firefox-getaddons-page-google-analytics/
ghacks.net/2017/10/06/mozilla-to-launch-firefox-cliqz-experiment-with-data-collecting/
ghacks.net/2017/12/16/firefox-looking-glass-extension-what-it-is/

Me too, user. I've been trying to de-botnet generally. I switched to cock.li for email, syncthing for file sharing. I've deleted my twitter, and instagram accounts. Snapchat is next on the chopping block. Facebook gets me logged into shit, so it's staying temporarily until I fix that.

use beaker
beakerbrowser.com

>I'm want to ungoogle myself.

I take it you will be purchasing a Jow Forums pass so you don't need to use the Google reCaptcha here in order to post?

You will need to learn how to make your own OS and web browser from scratch. You are better off throwing away all your electronics and cancelling your electric & communications services. If you wish to talk to someone, ride a bicycle you bought from a hobo, and show up at their home to have a chat.

[1/?]
>I'm want to ungoogle myself. Delete my accounts,
You don't. I'ts already on 5 or more people. Deleting it would be a huge effort but doable or maybe not.
>switch browser, etc. I don't know which browser to change to though. I keep hearing conflicting things and I don't have the technical know-how to judge which opinion is correct.
>Ungoogled Chromium still "phones home", Firefox has connections with George Soros or something,
Both true. I tested ungoogled chromium. Firefox can have librefox patches but still wouldn't want to use the Soros browser for sensitive information.
>Icecat is bloated,
There's really not much change aside from it has privacy add-ons installed by default and use ESR because ff just keeps on evolving into furryfox.
>Palemoon has bad security,
Palemoon has a trustable developer that has been doing huge effort because it's not a 'waterfox cyberfox icecat' kind of fork but it is completely overhauled.
Security wise it is good and you can disable OLD or weak ciphers with pm commander. You can even force good SSL TLS versions which is the best thing about it other fox/cat/shit forks can't even do. They had canvas spoof which most browser did not even have at the time so you know the dev really cares about his life's work.
>Waterfox also "phones home" and is spyware,
Waterfox is a meme. Don't use it, don't even know if the guy can't code for real but likely it is. They just went for muh privacy hype but they're nuts and just fork the latest anyways. If the latest was that good palemoon wouldn't be suffering like this.
>Iridium reports to the German government.
German government is spying citizens despite the foss and hacker subculture there I won't trust that browser.
>Everything else like torch and vivaldi is a scam or botnet or Chinese spyware. I don't know what the fuck to do.
Of course and include brave. Those fucking shills.

[2/2]
Conclusion:
Palemoon is okay, get pale moon commander but use with caution or take screenshots so you can revert it if it breaks all websites.
Other suggestion is Falkon, Seamonkey, and Otter.

Ungoogling yourself is almost imossible but there are options that let you delete the personal data. Might be futile since it's already sold and resold a bunch of times.

>ungoogled chromium doesn't phone home
Dangerous claim. Set up a network logger and I've proven it everytime at my setup. It even sometimes put me to google news search when I put n! on the address bar but they fixed it at some point (despite the obfuscation).

Looks decent. Thanks!

I recently tried to ungoogle myself on my phone.

I never sign into Google accounts. I disable all the Google apps. Use only fdriod and yalp if necessary. Use newpipe to watch YouTube and webapps for social media.

Go into the phone settings and disable location and personalized ads and whatever other carp is there.

Ideally I want to root my phone but I'm scared of bricking it.

You forgot yandex browser it's kino.

>I'm want
My fucking sides

Attached: 1546621037128.jpg (224x225, 9K)

Waterfox backports every security patch within a few weeks at most.