On DE

KDE is very good, Gnome is quite homosexual and takes too much resources.

Why would you use Gnome Jow Forums?

Attached: D48B845D-C398-485F-9749-0A7C2EDBA003.jpg (500x488, 24K)

I have used kde the past 7 years. Gnome was alright back in version 2.

Can you post a screenshot? I'm curious what a 7-year KDE user's desktop would look like. I try KDE every now and then but can't get into it, maybe if I had some inspiration. ;-)

>Why use GNOME?

>Standard compliant. Uses standard stuff instead of reinventing the wheel
>Nice user interfaces that makes a good use of both keyboard and mouse usage
>Lots of useful GNOME software like Boxes, Lollypop etc.
>GUI Guidelines which makes GUI software adhering to it looking very nice and not just some widgets thrown in a window

I particularly thought that the earlier versions on GNOME 2 were the best, as they still had the CORBA based architecture for compound documents, plugins etc.

When they decided that CORBA was too hard for most devs and dumped it for DBUS (and leaving out any use-cases that DBUS couldn't do like the compound documents) is when it went in the toilet.

I really like the look and feel of gnome 2, and basing it on C seems logical, as C++ can include C structs more easily than the converse (there's no standard ABI for calling C++ methods in C).

Basically, I think they had a really good thing, and flushed it.

> Gnome is quite homosexual
not gnome fan but doesn't qt's polishness even gay and gayer

Gnome takes too much resources, yes. But KDE is the faggot one. Gnome is just a little bit curious or something like that, only likes feminine boys maybe. Also Gnome would be a top, not a bottom twink, wouldnt take it in the ass, unless it finds out that it isnt that bad and for some reason its twinky boyfriend really wants it, maybe then, "okay, you can put it inside me if you want it so much, I probably wont enjoy it, but if you'd like it so much then it'll let you, cause I love you, honey." And maybe after three or four times it would like it and ask for it. would have its first hands free orgasm and things like that, would buy a dildo for when its twinky boyfriend is out of town, but thats it. On the other hand KDE is a very gay DE. It enjoys classical music, goes to the theater all the time, has a high pitched voice, likes watching romantic comedies with its girlfriend, and other gay things

Why are there those white boxes underneath so many meme pics now? Facebook.
To answer your question it's for transitioning macfags and wintards who want an "easy" interface. I used it for a bit but I found I was plum more efficient using something like Openbox or i3.

It looks OK and is actually performant and doesn't crash as much as KDE.

The fuck did I just read.

Nigga what the fuck

>TrumpOS
>Windows logo
>Make Linux Great Again

Attached: b10d83747d4a605304531d282678cc306a61af11468bdb7882ce4848b284c20f.png (399x552, 207K)

God I wish that was me

I switch back to KDE about 6 months ago.
The only thing that's ever crashed is the baloo file indexer thing, which it still does about once a month. I found stopping it with the gui, then running balooctl check in terminal is the best way to straighten it out. I guess you could permanently disable it, but I'm actually finding it kinda useful.
And btw, Drumpf's a shitstain and Linux is a kernel.

It comes by default on Fedora
>But user you can install other DE on fedora it's super easy

It's not like I give a fuck anyway they are all the same

balooctl disable or Settings -> File indexing -> uncheck "enable file indexer"

yeah uncheck. Then use the cli for the rest.

Is it crashing for you, too?

The bug report thing pops up, but it won't generate useful info.

GNOME 2 was okay mostly but GNOME 3 is just a piece of trash with mutiliations labelled as "features"

KDE is a better choice if you had to use user-friendly DE but i think using dwm is the saner choice here.

I like Overview on gnome more than any kind of windows task bar
Many gnome apps are seriously bad and underdeveloped but who cares, I just want the desktop

gnome is garbage, why would you describe it in a positive way

wtf i got a boner