Why does this thing still work after 15 years or so?

Why does this thing still work after 15 years or so?

Attached: kisspng-game-boy-color-game-boy-family-nintendo-video-game-gameboy-5b20fb247cb452.639947031528888100 (512x512, 161K)

it's more like 25 at this point

Because it was built to last, and it's older than 15 years btw

gold purity and nihon capacitoru

>tfw my gamegear broke

Does the GBC have the same problem as the GB where the screen is losing contrast over the years? I'm pretty sure my eyesight hasn't gotten worse, but I can barely see anything on my GB anymore, and the turn wheel isn't changing the contrast, it only makes the low contrast mush generally brighter or darker.

Mine actually broke and I don't know why. My pocket however , does still work and so does my super gameboy for snes.

I have a DMG-01 that works just fine. The answer is, "Made in Japan."

because it's trash

The original survived a fucking bombing

Attached: gameboy-1.jpg (750x1000, 122K)

Lead solder.

People who still have one know how to not abuse their shit. People who broke theirs don't visit this board. Everyone else just tossed their when 'new' shit came out.
Fucking FOMO. You can prevent the Fear of Missing Out by blocking ads. Get an Ad Blocker today!

The same reason an old phone never breaks. Simple design, large components and solder points.

I'm a bit of a tech hoarder even if it breaks I tend to keep it if there's hope to fixing it one day.

Based

Planned obsolescence had not made it into the broad market yet.

This. I have a shitton of tech stuff stashed for possible fixes in the future(and when this poorfag can afford to)

>this reddit meme again

Gbc has a different screen type than og gb

>tfw mine broke about half a year ago

Attached: 1485157732020.png (305x542, 178K)

Money was made with games and production cost where high so it'd be better the product lasted a long time to keep ppl hooked to the slow game release cycle

perfection

It was fun installing the backlight mod for this.

Simplicity. Why do you think old cars run fine and are fairly easy to repair.

Not really a meme, I saw this in person when I visted New York and went to then called "Nintendo World" , they since changed the name but the museum stuff is still there.

real technology works for decades if not centuries zoomer-kun

they installed gentoo on it

It doesn't run a kernel, of any kind. That's why.

Why wouldn't it?

>remove lead from solder to protect the Environment(tm)
>drastically increases rate of electronic failures leading to more garbage being thrown out
I still think the main drive behind that ban was kikes pushing for more sales.

Produced before planned obsolescence became the standard for electronics.

>>remove lead from solder to protect the Environment(tm)
It's not even about the environment because more 'critical' equipment (think teleco, cell equipment) is allowed to use leaded solder
Just another case of fuck the little guy