Is DEX the future?

Attached: file.png (1500x1000, 1019K)

Other urls found in this thread:

maruos.com/#/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Would be nice, but is not gonna happen outside the android environment

What about apple?

No

Literal garbage, and the concept for them is: universal apps system. They just revealed this plan to be rolled until 2022

Nah, man. Full STR is where it's at.

Is this why Applel going to ditch intel for thier chips???

was dat?

You just need usb-c to hdmi now after s9 came out right?

yup. And it's AWESOME

Finally, a way to make desktop computing even more unefficient!

>2019
>being a degenerate DEXfag
STR gentlemen and MAG scholars only.

If I knew what they were I'd look into them

No, it's the presence and with limbo X86, laptops are moot.

Attached: canvas.png (640x360, 521K)

>not HUADM

The fucking state of neo-Jow Forums

Attached: step-7-2-1500x1000.jpg (1500x1000, 273K)

something of that sort, yes. phones have all the processing power that normalfags need.

when will retards understand that a tiny portable desktop that can do calls and messaging is better than a stupid phone that tries to emulate a desktop environment
dex will never amount to nothing, no normie will ever touch that and the more technical people dont want that shit either

this man knows what he's talking about

Attached: face_of_the_hollow.jpg (970x990, 99K)

Speak for yourself, the DeX is a solution for a problem I've had for few years.

WHAT THE SHIT IS STR AND MAG?
pls tell me for I don't know what to google

right? I'm wondering if they're just troll buzzwords...

My parents already use chromebooks so whenever Samsung or a third party decides to do this that's DeX compatible, it'll be a day one present for them and I'm sure they'll love it.

Me personally I find no real use for DeX

Attached: asus-hybrid-laptop-phone.jfif.jpg (580x424, 49K)

You people are missing out.
For me, it's STR.

Also not this tumor of a laptop, No one wants to do it this way

I'm a pure STR fag actually

Attached: Mirabook-Platforms.gif (979x653, 1.95M)

what are they?

23 replies, 17 posters
clearly discord soibois trying to force a meme

>2011
>Motorola merges ubuntu's webtop tech into their phones
>Needs proprietary dock that does nothing but passes through HDMI and USB
>Phones, fastest on the marker, regarded as underpowered shit, unable for the task
>Gets scrapped

>Galaxy S8
>Still needs a fucking dock
At least they fixed it with the S9, but for fuck sake guys.

I was waiting to explain to you and link it but since you're being such a faggot about it you're gonna go to your sleep today without knowing

>a tiny portable desktop
Yes, let's have a tiny portable desktop, with a couple hundred GB of storage, maybe add a battery so it can run persistently between docks, give it USB-C so it can dock to something which breaks out HDMI and USB for Mouse/KB, give it Wifi, and fuck, you've got a Galaxy S9!

you're the faggot pardner

Huawei doesn't have this problem, in fact you don't even need an adapter anymore.

They have a dex equiv?
Same basic linux system or something else?

yeah, the ligma

damn
you underage kids are simply epic

Attached: epic.jpg (396x263, 13K)

They call it "Easy Projection", IMO it's better implementation than DeX.
The phone screen can be used as touchpad/keyboard, or as a second screen.
And it can even use Miracast as a way to project the desktop mode, latency is expected though, how ever on 5GHz network the latency is very acceptable.
Also there's LimboX86 for windows as for GNU/Linux there are few tutorials on how to get one on an android device.

Attached: 50943498_335635527049888_3925747976745237148_n.jpg (640x800, 50K)

I know the Note 9 can do this out of the box, but what would do need to get my S9 Plus going?

/tg/ please...

HMDI to USB C adapter
Bluetooth Keyboard and mouse

Hopefully not.
I also can't imagine getting any serious work done on an operating system so hellbent on isolating all applications from each other.
I mean, at least it's not IOS, but it's still bad.

NEVER

Sweet as, man.

I really think it is, we just need monitors/laptop cases with direct USB-C input with built in USB ports. It would be perfect for office people and facebook faggots and would basically render macbooks useless.

Attached: Samsung-Dex-Book-concept-1.jpg (1280x1006, 130K)

Just retards trolling.

>not WIS & INT
have fun spending money on consumables

What if they used the phone screen as a touchpad?

what the absolute fuck

For people who use twitter and facebook? No doubt.

Just put a dedicated wifi card on phones and run everything wireless lol

Switching to Linux mode and Casting out has always been my ideal system, with the phone's screen a touchpad/keyboard. Glad to see someone's done it.

It's funny how even phone hardware can render a modern, fluid desktop at 60fps but Linux with X can't.

The difference good software makes is insane.

I think it could be for the consumer market. They've been moving away for desktops for some time. I don't see them replacing business or gaming machines where performance matters.

Windows can't do that either to be honest. Graphical stacks not designed with gpus in mind must be nuked. It's actually amazing that Android phones can maintain stable fps, they have like 5 unaware of each other kernel modules regulating the CPU frequency and a fucking java machine.

Dex before Dex :

maruos.com/#/

looks aesthetic but it need B L U R

>Now available on select Nexus devices
if it isn't available on 90% of android phones it's dead

>I don't know how to get an APK

Dexfags btfo

But you need +1 DEX to make full plate worth it.

OMFG I JUST GOT THE GOD DAMN REFERENCE,
Brb getting my dice bag out

Not really. The value of DEX for both personal and enterprise is the "Remote Virtualization + VPN + DEX" combo.
DEX desktop simulation, on the other hand, is mostly unusable enthusiastic shit

i had a chance to see the whole DEX thing today.
its like Leena Desktop UI but a bit better
its not the future, hype beasts might use it but honestly its shit, phone is a phone and a laptop is a laptop, you can't make one do both at the same time.

no but awingu is

I bought a used DEX dock for about 30 bucks and it even came wih an original charger+cable.
Tried it with my S8 once or twice, thought "wow that's cool" and then put it into the drawer, where it resides now since about a year.
The really gay part about it is that you need to have an Office 365 subscription to use Word and Excel in Dex/Desktop mode.
It's also not very fast, but what can you expect from an ARM toy.

Attached: 1549917947101.png (303x279, 18K)

It's still a bit slow and doesn't support high resolutions (I have a 4k screen with a USB-C cable). I'd love it if it worked better, but the compatibility and mouse interface polish isn't quite there yet. I only have my work Macbook but I'd like my phone to act as a fallback so I don't have to bring it home if I don't want to. I have a Pi as a backup but I never use it.

Librem 5 will do it. Not necessarily amazingly well, but it'll do it.

Would this sort of thing be a good reason to get one of those portable displays?

awful lotta disc*rd here today.

I guess i'm still a little skeptical about using a phone like this, i "only" have a first gen pixel but things slow down, maybe go a little sideways, multitasking seems limited, but maybe the technical leaps in speed over the last couple of years have gone a long way.

Test post

Hmmm the librem could do it, bet at least for now i saw no talks about such thing. Is there any rumors?

Should've been FPBP

Purism advertises the ability of the phone to work like a desktop if you plug in a monitor. You can even pre order the phone on Purism's website in a bundle with a monitor, mouse and keyboard.

Lol, dongle fest? Why this cunt dont make a dock with video out, some usb and shit?

>this nigga complaining about no dock
>another user complained about having a dock
ayy lmoa

You can run linux on dex now

>using M$ office
Use WPS or google
>4K meme
Why do you need "muh high resolution" for?