Linux and normies

If Jow Forums loves gentoo so much, why aren't you all jerking off to Chromebooks?

Attached: file.png (573x430, 204K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LeG_judrcOA?t=67
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>chromebooks
You answered your own question.

doesn't mean really anything in 2019 if they are decent or ok or whatever and they get the job done

Using any OS tied to a personally identifiable account is FUCKING RETARDED

>Chromebooks
botnet hardware

>hurr current year argument
I don't care.

>my PERSENEL EEDENTITY MEEMS SUMTHING!

shut up user, you and I both know that the gov knows who we are, so does google, facebook, twitter and everything else even if you say "I doNt HavE AcCounTs WiTh anY of ThOse!" They know who you are. So who fucking cares. Plus, you're likely not a threat, I get trying to stay low is what you want but stop trying so hard to look cool on Jow Forums, you own a phone and a number, if you have anything smart on your phone you 1.1.1.1 on it.

This goy has a point.

>Puts that (you) in my safety deposit box

@69984025
>invests (you) in American defense contractor

I'm not insufferable. I use one, I like it, I don't need to tell people that on a regular basis or try to convince people that what works for me is going to work for them.

@69984043
FUCK YOU

Chromebook is my daily driver. It's so convenient and responsive!

Attached: trustmegoy.gif (256x300, 14K)

>@@@@@
>look at me be retarded
>duurrr @@@@@

>I don't know how to have fun

@69984187
"Retarded" is a insensitive slur. Please refrain from repeating it. Twitter tries to foster respectful and inclusive discussion, and name-calling is counterproductive to this ethos. Consider this a firm, but friendly, warning.

>@@@@@@@@@@
>my kind of fun
>##&*%

>They spy on you anyway
>So just give up
You are pathetic.

Attached: 1541090417377.jpg (614x633, 44K)

I'm not saying to give up but at the same time, it's better to hide in plain site then to try to hide at all so it's harder to guess who you are in the long wrong.

Good thing that Snowden used Facebook to avoid the NSA, otherwise they might have found him.

@69984246
Harassment is explicitly against the Twitter ToS. This is your second warning. Please review the ToS and abide by them, or your account WILL be banned upon committing your third infraction.

@69984289
>better to hide in plain sight
>harder to guess who you are in the long run
This NPC 's IQ must be at least 80, surely.

when you're trash burried in trash it's easier to hide

Hey!
I saw you leaving and wanted to make sure you're set to go out into the woods!

This but unironicly

N in chromebook stands for botnet

Chrome OS hasn't been based on gentoo for years.

All me.

Attached: 4fd.png (919x737, 65K)

Fanless i7 pixelbook is seriously tempting.

If the price drops to around $800 I would probably bite, the Linux support looks to be coming along at a steady pace.

Don't you have to be online 24/7? That's a deal breaker for me.

Newer Chromebooks auto tether to your Android phone. Isn't really an issue unless you literally just can't afford internet.

>paid promotion

Attached: npc.jpg (644x800, 62K)

Crippled operating system, you can't do shit.
Unironically botnet in every way imaginable

Only redeemable quality is play store, but you already have a phone for that.

Attached: you.gif (480x238, 415K)

you can't even browse the internet with a chromebook without it lagging

Dude go try it in BestBuy.

Its like the slimmest lightest most powerful notebook you can get.

Latest ChromeOS has support for linux containers and basic support for X apps and gpu acceleration in them, so it should improve.

How is it better than a Macbook?

Well, slimmer lighter and fanless.

buy a refurbished dell latitude, install a linux distro on it and you have a computer faster than any chromebook. it also costs less

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-02-28 12-11-01.png (1062x611, 385K)

the problem with linux is the fact that the community is denying how it's too complicated for normal computer user, it need have gui like windows, or mac os, simplicity, no stupid swap, home or shit, it need be simpler, also shit quality of free software is second biggest problem

I almost took the bait.

but I am serious, I keep testing new releases of linux, comparing to windows and mac os and it's still crap and the main app stores, wine, play on linux are shit

>new releases of linux
what did he mean by this

Assuming you are sincere:
>too complicated
Different workflow.
>NEEDS a GUI
No. That's optional. Some people don't want the overhead.
>simplicity
It is simple.
>swap
Windows does this, too.
>home
Explain what the problem is.
>quality of free software
You mean features, right? Search "how to do X in Linux" and use your judgement on what's the right solution for you.
>comparing it to Windows and Mac OS
Stop comparing it to them. They're not alike.
>app store
Use the package manager or Github.
>wine is shit
Okay then.

Linux is not trying to be like Windows or Mac. It will never be like them. It will not likely EVER run the same software or work the SAME way. It does things differently, but it always gets things done.

linux 5

10/04 builds

linux is [it wanted to be?] free replacement and it need deliver for home users, that's all

installation need be as simple as in mac os
overall usage need be simple as in mac os/windows [lot of options and configurations]
software base should be as big as in both, ironically it's a mess, windows have more free software

> hdd
> faster

there are several linux distros that want to be for the desktop and they do everything to make it easy, i installed ubuntu first when i was 11 on my shitty celeron laptop, this was in like 2010 so audio didnt work and the battery life was dogwank. i did however install it easily, same method as installing windows, from people i know the hardest thing that they would run into would be creating a boot cd or usb, my friends ask for help with that every now and then (for windows btw)
elementaryOS, Ubuntu and even something like manjaro are piss easy to install and if you cant then you probably arent able to install an exe on windows, the devs can only make it foolproof to an extent. if i were asked what to reccomend to someone i'd say Ubuntu since everything is compiled for it and if its not in the repos, just find a .deb and let gdebi do the rest. ElementaryOS is swanky like macos but im not sure how good their store is atm.

>it needs to cater to home users
It's free and you use it at your own risk. If, you want something, implement it yourself.
>installation need be as simple as in mac os
Too bad so sad.
>overall usage need be simple as in mac os/windows [lot of options and configurations]
>[lot of options and configurations]
Are you braindead or trolling?
>software base should be as big as in both, ironically it's a mess, windows have more free software
>windows have more free software
Is there a source to this claim?

>It's free and you use it at your own risk.
after all this time?

youtu.be/LeG_judrcOA?t=67

>Is there a source to this claim?
Yes, his post is a source. Or did you mean "proof" and not "source"?

You're not wrong; I tell people looking to get a laptop at any tech store that if they aren't using it for much and they know a bit down the line it's going to collect dust to just say fuck it and get a Think pad and throw on Mint 13, it's really easy but they hear "Linux" and think "that's too complicated for me. So I stopped helping people

make it mac os tier, then people will change mind, ever heard about marketing? quality?

oh yeah of course, as soon as Apple makes a Dex for their phones it's going to blow up and everyone will make it, it's a matter of time

BUT YOU CAN'T FUCKING COMPLAINT IF YOUR EFFORTS ARE LITERALLY FARTS

why windows can, why apple can? why google can? BUT NOT YOU?!

Even fucking samsung is doing MORE for linux and opensource than this shit community in past 30 years!

Not wrong 2BH famalam. Jow Forums and the rest of the community complains about shit that they never fix themselves. NOTHING GETS DONE IF YOU DON'T MAKE IT GET DONE
#FAGGOTS

I'm not linuxfag in first place, if you are linuxfag then do something FINALLY, I don't know, raise funds, make better community and so on, open source is not bullshit but only lacks in funding

>DURR MY PRIVACY MEANS NOTHING

No sane person is trying to actually hide user.
We all know what's up.
It's just a game.
I'm just a noob to all this shit, but my end game is to conceal myself as much as I can.
Not because I actually have anything worthwhile to hide, but because its fun.
And if this actually raises some flags in the system and I get real people spying on me instead of bots, so much the better.
I'll waste their time and taxpayers money to the best of my ability.

the more you hide, the faster people will look for you. They will come for you, they will track you down, you will try their best to fix you. You know as well as I do that the gov doesn't like people hiding, so what's the best way to fuck with the gov? Hiding in plane site. I do agree we should have privacy and the day will come when we over throw the government, it's actually in our constitution

>plane site
What kind of plan site? Area 51?

Attached: 1480954764-gettyimages-609845268.jpg (1024x785, 178K)

I own a 2015 Toshiba Chromebook 2.It's great. Stupid battery life, great 13.3" screen, solid updates, SSD storage as a standard. I fully intend to buy a new Chromebook when official support for my model is dropped in 2020.

plain*
Wasn't paying attention
but yes also Area 51

ChromeOS doesn't contain GNU software

This Wayland faggot has a point.

If it's Gentoo, then why doesn't it have Portage? That's literally the only reason to use Gentoo.

Googer uses portage to build the system images, that's the only real connection.

see:

The same can be said about android phones and apple pc's, just because they are based of or built onto on linux architecture doesn't necessarily mean it's good. Companies look for the most cost efficient way to mass produce their products, linux just happens to be one of the more reliable free software out there.

>botnetbooks
>not installing gentoo

Attached: 1533275921575.jpg (600x600, 18K)

apple's pc's aren't linux you retarded fucker

>The same can be said about android phones and apple pc's
>apple
>linux

Attached: 1465789368406.jpg (540x729, 117K)

/thread

Because the entirety of the hardware is a botnet, dumb shit

This retard tripfag again

>normies

I'd be more concerned about my banking processing a bad check than the government spying on me.

exactly