Fuck these things

Fuck these things.

Attached: TI-Nspire.jpg (1024x768, 41K)

You first

just use matlab/octave lol.

Why?

the nspire Cas is great. I've used a lot of handheld calculators and nothing comes close to offering the feature set with the level of simplicity of use

cool phone

just buy the cheapest android tablet you can find and install some CAS on it, nigga.

that calc is LIT

I have one, it's great.
But yeah, fuck the price point, now you can get a phone or tablet and install Matlab or some other shit for the same price.

50 bucks chinkphone does a better job.

>i'm poor

>be 1930s fucker
>"calculators don't exist you need to use log tables"
>be 1950s
>"calculators exist but they are gigantic machines. You will never have one with you."
>be 1990s
>"ok fine maybe you can carry a calculator in your pocket so we will let you use this expensive ti machine that runs basic."
>2019
>literally have a phone with you at all tie
>the phone can run a ti calculator emmulator
>the phone cna do more powerful computations than the ti can if you program itself
>phones ost $30 at the store that can run the equivelant of a unix mainframe times 10,000
>just install the termux app
>"but user you have do be able to do it without your phone"
>but teacher, what engineer does not carry their phone with them?
>what engineer does not use google to fact check their own work?
>little kids in school are already being allowed to use phones to aid themselves in schools because the teachers realize you will always have a phone
>jesus fucking christ
>i cant wait till the fucking normies realize they can own more than one phone
>buy a phone very year as a stocking stuffer

Just use Pro Office Calculator.

What's wrong with it? Pretty cool. I got mine to run Linux, DOOM, USB kb/mouse drivers

texas instruments is a scam. then it's chromebooks and ipads on that crippling college loan. greatest market young and dumb with fresh credit

handheld calculators only exist for tests, and sometimes you need a CAS on the test

As a standardized device, I have nothing against dedicated graphing calculators conceptually (although, to be fair, there are still tons of ways to cheat with them if you're creative) and I actually think they're pretty fun devices all in all, but fuck the TI monopoly bullshit that keeps these things at obscene prices.

That's the best calculator though.

Attached: 1543137069209.jpg (720x960, 106K)

somebody has to write the calculator. Be careful about abusing math software, I did too much and forgot everything back to calculus. Now I can't even remember how to use the software because I forgot too much. This wouldn't be a problem, but what I'm doing right now really does require calculus.

I would if I could

tfw bought a this and license for school and lost the license paper. fuck.

This.

Honestly a cheap phone with long battery life should be school material for everybody studying any STEM career at this point. Just put a data-only sim card and you are good to go.

Not sure why anyone defends this piece of shit
-shitty phone-like app menu
-shitty gay trackpad with glitchy mouse cursor
-last 4 days on battery before powering off
-takes forever to boot (longer than systemd)
-gaps AND borders around windows as if the screen wasn’t small enough
and to top it all
-shitty locked down os they keep updating just so you can’t install ndless and enjoy your freedom