Redpill me on printers is there an opensource printer? are there printers I can program...

redpill me on printers is there an opensource printer? are there printers I can program? what is Jow Forums opinion on printers with wifi? should my printer be connected to the internet or lan at all?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 111K)

>redpill
yikes

>yikes
yikes

oof

>yikes
bazinga

no helpful idea on printers aye

>>/reddit/

all printers are horrible
every single printer is bad
the new ones are insecure and try to upsell you on ink/toner with their "cloud connection" "service"
the old ones aren't for sale unless there's something wrong with them that isn't worth fixing

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee plop !

Everyone in this thread should be hanged.

Heres the scoop, Epson is shit. Anything, literally anything is better than Epson. You know those mexican refill shacks that refills your ink for 3$ a pop. Epson puts a chip so you can't do that shit. ON ALL THEIR NEW PRINTERS. Never buy epshit

Printers are as obsolete as fax machines. The only reason you should own one is if you run a business that requires you to print things every day and you can't be bothered to go to an actual print store and pay on a per sheet basis. You would need to print thousands of pages before it becomes more cost efficient to print from home.

All printer manufacturers do that. All print cartridges are limited to a fixed number of sheets before bricking themselves. You need to buy a replacement chip off ebay to refill.

Brother has good Linux support.

Xerox 3025 or 3125, you can buy aftermarket ink for cheap.

Buy a brother black and white laser printer. They just work and have Linux support also. If you want to print pictures just go to a print shop it will be better quality and cheaper than buying ink cartridges

I fucking hate printers.
If hell exists I'm 100% sure it's a small office on a monday morning.
> Everything works fucking fine on saturday
> Get to work on monday
> Nothing fucking works
> Network printers are suddenly not showing up
> Wired printers aren't printing or get paper stuck in the tray for no fucking reason
It was hell. Being the tech support guy at a small office had its perks since I basically did no work from tuesday to friday but all hell breaks lose on monday and it's always the fucking printers or the windows updates.

Attached: 1534070741892.jpg (900x973, 204K)

How do you put a price on not having to go out in public for a piece of paper?

this

brother laser printers just werk

Attached: 1436575594551.gif (409x226, 511K)

printer knowlegde dot com

Wait for the demo printers to go on sale and buy chink cartridges for cheap
Works for me

Get one of these. My Dad is still using his from over 25 years ago.

Attached: dot_matrix_printer.jpg (1000x958, 66K)

This

Not good but OK. Good on Linux = drivers in the kernel and many Brother printers (maybe all?) require a binary blob so you can't use them with RPi (fortunately, you can use it as a cups server and install blobs on the x86 client).
Other manufacturers are worse though and non-refillable cartridges are pure evil.

yikey wikies OwO
>ikes