So, now that the final nail is in the ThinkPad coffin, where does Jow Forums plan to get upgradeable business laptops?

So, now that the final nail is in the ThinkPad coffin, where does Jow Forums plan to get upgradeable business laptops?

Attached: thinkpad t490.jpg (725x515, 79K)

the x carbon series haven't had removable batteries for years and it's selling like hotcakes.

Nowhere, even Dell and HP business laptops come now with soldered CPU/RAM and non removable batteries.

Just get a newer consumer grade laptop like some lenovo ideapad or acer, at least these have the latest gen intel/amd cpu's.

>and it's selling like hotcakes.
So is crack cocaine.

>not just getting a 200 dollar left over T450S from an IT office that is upgrading laptops and its barely used and comes with 0 bloatware

Attached: 5bb89663d240000510098e484.jpg (600x485, 25K)

Just get something previous gen. We're fucked for right now unless you get System 76 or some aadwe or shit.

all batteries are removable if you believe in yourself

Buy a gaming laptop, unironically.

remove the bottom panel and unscrew the battery.
how does it feel to be a brainlet?

anyone tried a sys 76? finally able to save up some cash and was thinking of upgrading and figured it's worth looking into

Attached: 2nj21dmh3ri21.jpg (1000x1355, 214K)

why not buy a usb pd powerbank to extend battery life if you really need it? it's cheaper than LenovoTM genuine battery and also charges other shit too

They really made the battery non-removable? Jesus. Even Macbooks still have removable batteries.

I'll probably get a P52 in a few years and ride that out for a while. Hopefully something happens in the next decade to save us.

Lies

Why can't IBM just buy it back and produce them by old standards? They have a shitton of neetbux from licenses and normalfags use Applel, so trying to appeal to them is retarded. I hate capitalistic business practices, Christ.

Pursim is kind of a meme, but I've heard good things.

Attached: raw.png (500x268, 188K)

I'm going to use my T420 for several decades. Hopefully something better comes along by then.

kys unironically

They literally just respec and beand clevo/sager laptops. Find those and buy em instead.

How is it a lie? I remove them all the time.

>even Dell and HP business laptops come now with soldered CPU/RAM and non removable batteries.

Yeah not really. Dell Latitude 5000 series still come with two(2) SO-DIMM slots. While the battery is non-removable, you can upgrade it to the 68Wh version. HP also allows you to upgrade the RAM even on their latest Probook 440 G6.

As for CPU being soldered, all Intel mobile CPUs are BGA since the 5th generation. There simply isn't an option for socketed CPUs, even for the 45W parts.

Well for one, you cannot just run powercfg /batteryreport to check its health
>inb4 windows

No

Faggot

What? No they dont you cocksucker

CLEVO laptops ftw