4k monitors

Why the fuck are these so expensive now? Over a year ago there was a sceptre 4k/60hz model that was under $200, but now you can't find one for under $300. What the fuck happened? I want to start playing in 4k but I need to do it cheap.

Attached: Screenshot_20190228-173803~2.png (712x1296, 376K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/HP-23-8-inch-Adjustment-Speakers-VH240a-x/dp/B072M34RQC
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why would you even consider getting a 4k monitor? 1080p is good enough

this

focus on 144hz you absolute pleb

I hooked my PC up to my 4k TV last night, the difference in sharpness was extreme. It made the game look MUCH better. Plus you can't really perceive anything above 60fps.

Shilling nigger.

4k is mostly good if you're using a 32"+ monitor so you can get good scaling. If you can do this you get better sharpness and screen estate

But for literally everything else 1080p/1440p 144hz is superior. My laptop has a built in 144hz screen and it's buttery, makes my workflow faster. Don't fall for the 4k meme unless you have legitimate productive reasons to, otherwise game on a 4K tv

>can't percieve anything above 60fps

I use 75hz and i've used 240hz monitors, it was glorious

Because the new graphics cards can actually handle it the price went up

>4k monitor prices go up
>meanwhile 4k TVs are hitting rock bottom
I have a feeling we are being jewed somewhere and it's not he TV industry doing it

This. My 4k TV is 43" and has a built-in roku, but somehow for a smaller monitor you gotta pay more? This is messed up.

>high refresh shills getting desperate now that 4k is getting more affordable and you have gpus that allow you to game at 4k

The said thing is that most 4k monitors despite being more expensive, don't really have much over a 4k TV to justify them being more expensive
All the issues that TVs had in the past when trying to use them on a computer are all gone at this point

something something higher refresh rates, active sync, pixel density, having displayport. maybe the monitors need to worry about weight more too, unlike TVs, because they need to go on monitor arms. I don't know, maybe this all heavily factors into it, maybe it's complete bullshit.

>higher refresh rates
We are talking 4k and cheap 4k monitors are 60hz and so are TVs but yet TVs are still cheaper
>active sync
I'll give you this, but active sync isn't a monitor exclusive thing anymore
>pixel density
about as good as most ~21" 1080p monitors which is nice if you don't want scaling
>having displayport
I fail to see how this matters, unless your the "hdmi is proprietary and evil" crowd

If I'm not mistaken Hdmi can only transfer 30 fps at 4k while DP can do 60

You are mistaken
HDMI 2.0 which has been around in TVs for several years now and can do 4k 60hz
We are already getting on to 2.1 which does 4k at 120hz

>Plus you can't really perceive anything above 60fps.

please be bait

Thanks for the correction, I was considering buying a DP cable but now I don't have to.

>1080p is good enough
not at 27 inches

For most videos and games yeah cause we're not quite there yet as far as the commonality of the content goes, but it is extremely annoying with really high res images in particular when you have to zoom in for the detail that can't be fully captured by 1080p. It's too small.

Maybe because those are IPS and you saw TN a year ago.

>cheapest half-decent (not TN crap) 144hz is VA curved-meme

4k monitors are a meme anyways and i would not recommend, it looks sharper yes but will never play and feel as smooth as 144hz. you can google this and literally everyone will agree with this, including the tech shill jewtube channels

Hi. I'm looking to buy a good computer monitor with a maximum budget of $180. Maximum vertical height of 47cm (18.5in). Between 24" and 30". I'm willing to consider simply buying a HDTV if it's just as good and cheaper. I'm not interested in "gaming" monitors with super low latency. My PC is mid-end if that matters.

What do you suggest?

Attached: 1545432800859.gif (332x332, 269K)

Just get a 60 hz 1080p panel.

>144 Hz

Children, please evacuate to . No, we do not serve tendies here.

Attached: 1496290182856.jpg (250x250, 49K)

amazon.com/HP-23-8-inch-Adjustment-Speakers-VH240a-x/dp/B072M34RQC