/hpg/ /esg/ - Headphone & Earspeaker co-prosperity sphere

>Requesting purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

>Jow Forums headphone wiki
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread :

Attached: 81Xij-j5ayL._SY679_.jpg (505x679, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ekF7mymVYGk
dropbox.com/s/61srehjyaltd7w0/Stax SR-009S.pdf?dl=0
dropbox.com/s/dm0m6u3s3b4zqzl/Sennheiser HD600.pdf?dl=0
i.imgur.com/W7hz3rh.png
aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441
mega.nz/#F!3MFm1DrD!4GlU_vNtEeF148kZcQ05wA
i.imgur.com/Dru4gzZ.png
youtube.com/watch?v=Bf38cKJ6NBc
youtube.com/watch?v=ckymeO6qWcQ
youtube.com/watch?v=noLg0oryk40
youtube.com/watch?v=7RXQPTkM5PU
amazon.com/HaaFee-HiFi-Headphone-4-5mm-Loudspeaker/dp/B07FMG6RW7
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for first

second for sennheiser hd600

What ya listening to?

Attached: A96D42A8-8B63-48A3-85A6-2C325A358366.jpg (2919x3787, 1.84M)

Which stax is the best stax?

Buy speakers.

Attached: 89E1CB98-A474-4017-B845-8B3305C4F16E.jpg (600x630, 41K)

based OP

Attached: 1549817381446.png (780x784, 635K)

WHERE ARE THE FEET

i would unironically make my family members kill me if i somehow spent thousands of dolllars on a pair of Stax headphones.

you are a shit father if you do this. that money could have been spent on a long weekend trip with your kids.

experience is valuable. worth spending 4000 dollars on.

A pair of headphones? not so much.

L700/007

>WHERE ARE THE FEET
anime feet and ear speakers go together like sennheiser and snap

Attached: yande.re 516181 5-toubun_no_hanayome cleavage feet haru_(pixiv25704116) headphones nakano_miku pants (2489x1941, 800K)

youtube.com/watch?v=ekF7mymVYGk

*sniffs* you make me hard.

Attached: 1509440277150.png (1080x1080, 691K)

Redpill on STAX for newbies: STAX is an old Jap company with outdated tech that was considered high end back in the 1960s and 1970s but sounds like ass by today's standards, so they went nearly bankrupt. They were purchased by a Chinese company for just a million dollars who decided to market STAX to the audiophool "more expensive is better" demographic who buys those crappy $3000 vinyl players, they shill heavily on HeadFi and here on /hpg/, plus they pay Zeos to shill their crap just like Fostex does.

>In December 2011, Chinese loudspeaker manufacturer Edifier announced the acquisition of 100% equity in Stax

Oratory has measured the highest end STAX, the SR-009S.

dropbox.com/s/61srehjyaltd7w0/Stax SR-009S.pdf?dl=0

dropbox.com/s/dm0m6u3s3b4zqzl/Sennheiser HD600.pdf?dl=0

It's worse than the HD600. HD600 scored 92 and SR-009S scored 76.

Recently Rtings rated STAX across various dimension, it's worse in terms of sound than mid-priced offerings from Hifiman and Audeze, and only got a 7.7 rating.

i.imgur.com/W7hz3rh.png

In a separate study:

>The very highest end STAX ($4000 SR-009) was rated lower in blind tests than a $200 K701

aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441

Download the PDF of the study at: mega.nz/#F!3MFm1DrD!4GlU_vNtEeF148kZcQ05wA

Oratory (respected sound engineer) on the build:

i.imgur.com/Dru4gzZ.png

Even best Stax headphones sound objectively worse than mid-fi. This is why they don't demo them in store, they rely on the internet to create a sense of mystique around STAX and shill it as the endgame because its expensive, Asian, rare and obscure. In reality its no bass sounding garbage, with shrill highs that appeal only to near-deaf boomers. And what they say is true, they have no soundstage.

To add insult to overpriced injury, they have shitty plastic build quality that you would expect on cheap chinkshit headphones:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bf38cKJ6NBc

Attached: Stax incel.jpg (1536x2048, 274K)

Attached: 6e97ba9b02d0b7f7f8df5e4624e25cde.jpg (1920x1550, 759K)

user don't be mean :( *sniffs*

I'm not informed on the subject but STAX headphones really do look like they're made in the 70s or something.

Why must we fight over headphone brands?

Why must we always try to measure up against other's subjective preferences?

Why can't we simply agree that all headphones past BestBuy/Beats tier have something worthwhile and that its really subjective on which sounds best?

Attached: manlet USA vs Mexico.jpg (2028x2048, 450K)

lol no

Are hifiman headphones really as shit as people say?

Sennheiser HD 800.
>What are some good ear pads for them?
>Where could I get a 5ft cable for them?

Attached: sennheiser-headphone-girl.jpg (646x680, 127K)

oh look another Stax advertisement thread

I can only speak to the 400i. It's not awful

that was nice, I’m listening to
youtube.com/watch?v=ckymeO6qWcQ

I'm mostly concerned about the durability, want to get the sundaras from them.

Reposting.
300-1000 leafbucks.
Need headphones to sit in a cafe and work.
No active noise cancelling.
Wired is ok.
Source - phone/laptop.
Can also buy portable amp/dac for another 100-300 CAD.

Please advise. I'm fucking lost, too many options.
No preferences in sound except good imaging and general clearness.

poorfag

Can someone redpill me on dacs/amps, are they worth it? Do they change anything other than the volume?

Mostly.

buy stax

nostax povertycels on suicide watch

how have you not figured this one out yet?
you have been asking this very basic question over and over again for the last 4 months.

No

the times there have been honest blind tests over and over it's been found that a fancy dac and amp is no better than your motherboard onboard audio

this is something that is exceedingly hard to accept for most people. but the fact is that although there are technical differences, they are at a level beyond hearing. get an amp/dac that you like but don't expect it to be different because it won't be-- unless you have a really high impedance headphone or a very awful motherboard from the 90s

why is practically everyone memeing that shit then

because they do make a difference

???

No I tested it myself and there was no difference. Just use onboard until you need more volume, then consider an amp.

how do you have kids if you're an incel? are they adopted

A-anons I've been preferring my speakers more and more.

i don't understand why you kids walk around with expensive headphones.

all you should wear in public are

>you guys don't really wear 1200 dollar headphones in public r-right?
I don't.

Hell I never even use headphones outside since I don't feel the need to listen to any music/whatever. No idea how people want to. If I were to choose something to take outside it would be cheap earbuds.

I can't wear STAX outdoors. I use IEMs

if you haven’t cottoned on to the fact the dogma there is no difference is a poorfag cope, well you have much bigger problems to get sorted

i love speakers so much

Their lower end line (400 series and Sundara) have some big QC problems. Not surprising given how cheap some of those 400 planars are.

Their high end models are good though.

Attached: White women love big asian headphones.jpg (1333x2000, 289K)

I drive a nice car with great speakers. You plebs even needing headphones outside are either pedestrians or students.

>Their high end models are good though.
That really depends on the higher end models though. A lot of people say the ananda has shit build quality. There is that Jade II headphone that shocked that chink. Arya doesn't seem to different either.

don't even shit unless you got SPL competition sub setup

>p.p..plz buy our chinkshit meme phones
>look at these anime waifus wearing drawn on stax!
>if you blindly buy STAX without listening to them you'll get your own 2D waifu and not have to fall asleep crying, trust me gweilo

Attached: Stax vs Airpods.png (900x1078, 110K)

Every headphone I dont have or wish I could afford is shit and anyone with them are shit with bad taste

The only god tier headphones are my $50 headphones.

Shut the fuck up nigger. Only shitskins are into SPL bullshit

>t. low test basslet

>t. the truth

Show me your dyel wrist

it's a very long and complicated answer involving demographics, historical reasons, the fact that the audio world is filled with artists, companies pushing snake oil, people just wanting to buy fancy hardware, consumerism, the placebo effect, and all sorts of things

there's a reason audiophile is practically an insult and a term associated with gullibility though, this type of snake oil is extremely common as is paying a lot more for nothing. cables are the most famous example.

the fact is the more invested you get in it the harder it is to get out and the more you want to believe it so you find nonsense to explain it, like a cult.

people who have dropped tens of thousands on something really don't want to find out they wasted their money and it just goes on

even me, after having personally done dozens of blond trials with my friends and always finding the same thing that dacs and amps don't make a difference, I still sort of want to believe

I want to believe that fancy expensive amp will sound way better. and the placebo effect is so strong that well it sort of does. but not in reality

>Inb4 ultimate faggot

I bought my O2 and HD600's over a year ago now, and I have been very happy with them and have had no urge to seek out different amps/dacs/headphones

Attached: 1551296564490.webm (784x480, 255K)

>reddit formatting

>Budget
Around $200-220 willing to do 250 if they're really worth

>Location
Trumpland

>source
phone or comp, maybe my piano?

>type
full, closed

>comfort
i wear glasses and the current pair i wear now sometimes hurt my ears if i wear my glasses with them, i mostly wear my contacts but its still annoying when i wanna wear my glasses.

>sound
i really love bass on my music im listening to a lot of sludge metal atm and then im thinking about going into some softer genres, I think bass would be good for the metal im going to be getting into but would I want V shaped for the treble boost? besides bass im not sure what the other sound signatures specifically work with headphones if you get me.

>Past
atm using sony MDR-XB550AP's i like how the bass sounds but im a 6'5 nigga and sometimes they dont feel right and i have to take them off cause my ears arent comfy, i think its the cushion plus the size of my huge head.

Thanks for the help

Attached: hqdefault (1).jpg (480x360, 28K)

homo as fuck

we have hd600 owners who say that stax poops on it, not even a competition

tldr: you are the ultimate faggot

a pair of bookshelf speakers

I have the Ananda and the build quality is fine.The only issues really are that the cups don't swivel on a horizontal axis, but its not really an issue since the cups are so huge, and the side part that is attached to the leather band is plastic instead of metal like on the Edition X V2. The rest is metal though. Ananda is basically the Edition X V2 drivers with a no-frill cheaper build.

Alright skinny ass dyel faggot

haafee hd1 on aliexpress

youtube.com/watch?v=noLg0oryk40
youtube.com/watch?v=7RXQPTkM5PU

Good move user, your mudheisers wouldn’t benefit from better gear

whatever makes you feel better, twink

>Z Reviews link
recommendation disgarded

stay mad my poorfriend :^)

>disgarded
you either meant to say discarded or disregarded you ESL nigger

>haafee hd1 on aliexpress
ty i will look into these

dumb pieces of garbage talking shit on stax just let me catch you little shits on the streets i'll make your trasheisers snap just from looking at them and shove the broken ends up your asses

who else can’t afford STAX

is aliexpress the only place ill be able to find them?

>pedestrians
>students
Ya got me, I don't have a car

this guy

Attached: Capture.png (523x345, 17K)

>euro hours
>great discussion
>NA hours
>children shouting dumb shit at each other
every day this thread is the same

>great discussion
>dead thread
fixed that for ya

So how is the 007?

>tfw when STAXfags get scammed by the shilling then desperately try to sell their gear on headfi buy have to keep dropping the price and begging

Attached: STAX he fell for the meme.jpg (2063x3820, 726K)

the Z review guy said it might not be good for public wdyt?

I want Stax so bad but I just don’t see my mom buying me a set

amazon.com/HaaFee-HiFi-Headphone-4-5mm-Loudspeaker/dp/B07FMG6RW7

your situation is shared by most of the nostaxers, don't worry
you're already setting yourself up for success by note constantly shitting up /hpg/ trying to cope

based and speakerpilled
this shuts up staxcels real quick all day every day

speakers are worse than ksc75 though

we've had like 2 or 3 007 buyers in the past couple weeks but no one wants to share impressions

nice bot comment

>everyone who disagrees with me is a bot

Are Stax the HHKB Pro 2 Type-S of headphones?

Good, but overpriced for what it is. (Although the keyboard is only 300$ compared to thousands...)

Attached: BaMK9W8V0RSNGZbiMKI2DxIH4NA9pCOlvkTZaRu_1wk.jpg (960x640, 53K)

the thread isn't dead, and it doesn't get dumb shit posted like this
worthless NA

to be honest speakerfags are even more annoying than the stax incels, they're only here because they're bitter /ag/ can't even generate the bare minimum of interest to sustain a general

stax is whatever is better than everything else but also a bit cheaper than the best

>"speakers are worse than ksc75 though"
go through the archives newfriend

maybe the omegas, lambdas especially use are phenomenal value

spent almost exactly one year with L700s, just bought 007s and can’t believe the time I wasted...game over

GFY nigger