Like it or not, this is where productivity peaked

Like it or not, this is where productivity peaked

Attached: s-l1000.jpg (950x950, 151K)

>Clippy
No.

Fpbp

2003 was better.

2007 was probably the best combination of modern features without bloat.

That's a really weird-looking Office 2003 logo (H/T ).

wow
this logo has so much S O U L

Makes sense

Attached: world-autism-awareness-day-vector-9417568.jpg (1000x1080, 97K)

*kssshhhk*
*siiiiiiip*
Ahhhhh...
*leans back in chair*
Now Office 95? THAT is what I call an office suite! None of this cloud nonsense you get nowadays. Youngsters just don't understand.

Attached: boomer.png (380x349, 56K)

>Like it or not, this is where productivity peaked

Attached: delphi4.png (800x600, 17K)

Step the fuck back, kiddo.
Adults are doing business here.

Attached: Wordperfect-5.1-dos.png (640x400, 7K)

and thats where quality also started to drop. As Pascal was already shitty language for people who were brainlets to learn C or C++. And delphi isn't any better.

How is Borland Pascal worse than C?

Damn I love that toolbar look so much.

Ahhhhhhh.
Truly based and redpilled.

Attached: D951AD01-CEC2-489B-9C9B-896D263A45B7.jpg (600x600, 34K)

It’s certainly where UI design peaked. All software released after Office 97 has been more and more childish and cutesy.

Missing Project, and access a shit.

it started trend of "you cannot do this" and had limited pointers compared to C. Overall it tried to be more "safe" language, but thanks for it being low level enough, most things could be clued together, which caused lot more blob. Other is more of taste question like it being oververbose and due that acting as precursor to absolute shit like VB.

You have it backwards. "You cannot do this" was the old norm to which C and Unix were a reaction. If we are talking Borland Pascal rather than the Pascals of old that Kernighan railed against, it did not constrain your use of pointers any more than C did, and a simple object system helped reduce your use of raw pointers anyway. Delphi didn't anticipate VB, either. VB came first.

>access a shit
No. M$ Access was winfags' HyperCard. A lot of business applications were created and a lot of people were introduced to programming thanks to it.

pascal forces you to declare arrays with a constant size before using them iirc

*blocks your path*

Attached: office2003_14797__94237_eb8fd80d-97bb-47ed-99da-37e5a20592f0_1024x1024.jpg (798x1024, 109K)

Borland Pascal distinguished between arrays and array pointers. Arrays were fixed-sized. Array pointers (allocated with getmem(foo, size) and used through foo^[i]) could be dynamic.

Based.

No fuck you. Ribbons, good idea bad implementation 100% of the times.

What is bad about the ribbon's implementation in Office 2007? It made it easier to discover features. I grew up with Office XP, but I am with . 2007 was peak MSO.