/spg/ - Smartphone General

Nokia 9 PureView Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: Nokia-9-PureView-back.jpg (1920x1440, 427K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_-lCf7ztBPk
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-redmi-note-7
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

REDMI NOTE 7s GLOBAL VERSION WHEN !?

Attached: 1551359059032.jpg (700x626, 105K)

Getting a one plus 5t here soon should I pull the trigger? Don't see anything else with no notch and hpj for less than $500.
Also is lineage is good enough to help keep cia niggers out?

>2019
>not owning the GOAT XZ1c
Shiggy Diggy

Attached: Sony-Xperia-XZ1-Compact-Review-TI.jpg (680x453, 57K)

Any reason you're getting the 5t and not the 6? i'm getting the 6 soon.

Notch, I know it's autistic but I won't spend money on shit that falls for pointless meme gimmicks.

Nokia 9 PureView?
More like Nokia 9 PureShit!

Nokia 1 mini review

Specifications:
1GiB of RAM
8GiB of flash
4x1.3MHz aarch64
Mali T720 GPU
two microSIM cards AND microSD slots
removable 2150mAh battery
Original software is Android Go 8.1, security updates are released monthly, about two weeks after official releases
kernel 3.18.79 armv7
Nokia logo on back and front releases huge waves of nostalgia in you and bystanders

Cheap, rather sluggish phone, forget about opening 3 apps at the same time
Cameras give noisy images, quality is high enough for your aunt to make screenshots or scans with it

Sturdy plastic cover, no gorillaglass though

Developers, developers, developers:
Bootloader is unlockable offline, fastboot have very nice progress bar, bootloader cmdline is divided by boot.img cmdline, allowing devs to change console= to custom one (way easier low level kernel work); dts files available; official kernel source have borked symlinks; no Android source; micro usb is multiplexed with UART

tl;dr; As an Android phone I would not reccomend it, get Nokia 3 or something; it's great as a cheap platform (60$) to do dumb shit with system software

Attached: 20190301_104524~2.jpg (2292x3983, 2.62M)

do you think they'll step up the specs for the pixel 4 finally?

got an op5 currently, but going from 8GB of ram to a more expensive device with 4GB seems like such a step back, also the battery on the newer op phones seems miles better then on the pixels

Attached: 1543965896341.jpg (694x642, 93K)

>The purpose of the One UI is to simplify single handed usage of the phone, even on larger phones like the S9+
>places playback buttons and notification icons in the top left corner
wtf? Can this be altered somehow or is it yet another "feature"? The top part of the screen is intended for non-interactive information but you have to press the notification icons to see what they want and I don't know about you guys but I find playback buttons rather necessary to interact with...

Attached: 20190301_093252.jpg (1080x2152, 1.43M)

When are we getting good phone sales again?

My Galaxy S5 has finally started to die (vertical green line of dead pixels) after 5 years. What's a good Android smartphone that would be ideal for reading manga? My only requirement is 1080p and flat screen. I don't need anything fancy because my actual phone will be an S10+ (S8 right now).

get a tablet dumbass

Hello frens I am about to get a new smartphone in a few days
Undecided between the 250€ chinkphones
>Mate 20 lite
>Honor 8x
>Huawei P smart 2019
>Mi8 lite

no Honor Play bc branding logo on the front and no Note 7 pro because too chunky

The mi9 SE is about to come out maybe, but no micro sd or audio jack

My main interest is camera, 2nd aesthetics desu

Please help

Attached: 1549995561313.png (4000x3683, 1.47M)

A tablet won't fit in my pocket and isn't comfortable to read while in bed. I also used my S5 while cooking (reading recipes, timer) so it's prone to get dirty and drops.

hello everyone, I want to buy the galaxy s9 as my next phone, sick and tired of using my iphone 6s, so many retarded restrictions, I really want the s9 and it's price has dropped since the release of s10. does anyone here own the s9 and suggest me to buy it? will this phone last more than two years?

You are literally the target audience for the Fold.

I don't want anything fragile.

8x is aesthetic as fuck user

what texting app do you use on android?

The one called Messages.

Considering buying the ZeroLemon 10k mAh battery case for my Note 9. Yay or nay?

Redmi note 6 pro or lg g6?

>tfw owning a blackberry keyone
>tfw typing on a real keyboard each day
>tfw glorious 10h sot
>tfw everybody else is arguing over specs but you don't care anymore

Attached: the_definition_of_pleasure.gif (500x353, 497K)

Why does the phone have like 10 cameras? Looks like a weird mutant.

Oh God I just can't go back to a physical keyboard since I've mastered swipe texting and a learned autocorrect
Because companies are officially running out of new gimmicks to get people to buy new phones. I'm personally just waiting for a phone with disk MicroSD storage capabilities

Fucking jews

>needing autocorrection at all
Awww it must be good to be 12 years old!

I meant auto complete really. Most of my words are half finished before I'm even done swiping it. Besides. Everyone knows if you're going to have a physical keyboard, landscape is best.

>landscape is best
On phones? No, needing to flip your screen each time you write is just retarded.

May as well wait for the 7 announcement due in a couple of months for another price drop on the older models.

KeyOne or Key2 at twice the cost?

Key2 LE

Keyone. Key2 is frankly too expensive at the moment. The only advantage of the Key2 is its increased RAM capacity, which you probably won't fully exploit anyways. I never feel like the RAM I have is too small for what I do on my Keyone. Also bear in mind that the Key2 has worse battery life.

Look into the Moto X4. I just got one and I also had a s5 before I got my note 4.

Same screen size
Damn good screen
Android one
Finger print is nice
Android pie

And it's around $150 right now at best buy for the 4GB/64GB version. It's snappy as heck.

G6, but that a weird question. What's your exact situation that made you compare this two?

F(x)tech pro 1

Attached: pro12-640x353[1].jpg (640x353, 25K)

Why do my fellow Computer Science students seethe when I take out my phone?

Attached: 1033437.jpg (422x390, 28K)

ok but which one has the best camera

>Great, unique design
>No notch
>No rounded screen
>Not chinkshit
Why the fuck can't Sony just put the 3.5mm jack on their phones?

Money.
My redmi note 4 got stolen this week and I need a new phone.
Those two options are about the same price in my countr.

>no notch
>headphone jack, premium audio chipset
>super light, still great build quality
>all the amenities of a modern smartphone with none of the downsides
The LG V35 is the best phone in existence, prove me wrong

I'm either getting the OP7T or the Pixel 4 XL. My bet would be the OnePlus

why don't you even exist

where do you live
and how did you get it stolen

Argentina.
At gunpoint.

ah fuck
tough break friend

How not to get mugged?

Carry a gun

carry a gun
or
throw the Energizer phone at the mugger

Why is Nokia literally the first one to make a phone that does multi sensor camera right?

Finnish autism

>LG
>Not Gorilla glass 6
>120fps max, at 720p
>only 3300mAh
>rounded screen corners
>700 EUR
May have been competitive at release

Just here to report that I bought a Note 9 on swappa listed as mint for 600 and the thing is immaculate. 10/10 will buy from them again. Just saying.

I'm absolutely sick of Apple's bullshit. Everytime I get a phone I keep it for years, and everything's fine and cool. I update my iOS two days ago, and now I can't even use my iphone anymore. Just unlocking it makes it crash and reboot every other time. Fellas, is the s10 worth it? I can afford it, and I'm sure that it'll be fine for at least five to six years. Then again, that might just be the hype, and I don't know if they'll pull the same bullshit of killing it with updates.
What phones are you using, what do you recommend? This would be the third phone I ever actually bought in my life so I really don't know what the fuck I'm looking for.

Attached: 69921785.jpg (360x352, 21K)

Samsung is garbage

Are the chinkphones not, or are they just this general's in-joke?

Because people who care about photography put their money on DSLRs and proper photo equipment, not phones. Your average consumer doesn't really care that much.

What joke? Xiaomi is one of the most developer friendly manufacturers and you're not forced to buy a new device after your contract ends because you're shit out of luck as far as updates are concerned. If you're in the US, you're fucked over in that regard as well, as only a select few of their devices support US network bands. Also, how are you even considering a phone which just got released?

I miss windows phones

I don't know! I'm a relatively new consumer into this market! I don't consider smart phones to be a big thing in my life, but apparently I have to adapt! The only luxuries I have is that I can afford them relatively easily, and my youth! I'm sorry I'm not as good as you! I'm sorry!

Being a little more serious, if Xiaomi is a brand that you recommend, but isn't too available in the USA, what would you reasonably suggest I look into other than eating shit and dying?

Attached: 1542292323.jpg (260x260, 14K)

I came

Apple, Samsung, Some Asus phones and Motorola

Typing on that thing must suck

Nope ;)

Waiting for android 10/Q
Currently using Galaxy S5

Windows phone
- no usb tethering
- only web browser is edge, no addons
- no apps in the app store
+ system updates
+ hard plastic

Pros and cons of Mix 2s? Wanted to get Mix 3 but just realised that 2s has got the same sensor and Poco looks terrible with that notch.

Walled garden.

It was pretty and organized though, android is an ugly mess. Fucking microsoft lost their ride.

Nigga you stupid, normies would not even be aware of how they'd love the dynamic range and low light perf

Don't you ever go out?
Truly a gift to the world

>buying last year phones at this year prices
>used

why is this shit so expensive?
everyone said it'd be under 200
should I just buy the Mi A2?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-01 Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 4GB RAM 4G Phablet - $279 99 Free Shipping GearBest com.pn (1557x651, 410K)

youtube.com/watch?v=_-lCf7ztBPk

bought mi a2 lite 1 week ago

cons
>average camera at best
>not as snappy as the flagships

pros
>awesome battery
>android one
>doesn't look cheap
>is cheap

kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-redmi-note-7

Why doesn't Xiaomi waterproof even their flagships?

Why do you want to put your electronics into water?

>WHY DO YOU NEED THIS

Because I'm a fucking imbecile.

thanks
is the 4GB RAM version sufficient?

What phone can survive gym environments the best?

Attached: 1541687550937.jpg (750x413, 16K)

Being clumsy and making a mistake is okay, but why do you actually need this function 24/7 in a device that should not get any water? Is your laptop/desktop/TV, etc waterproof as well?
I never in my life had a situation where I needed the waterproof function.

Yeah. Remember to check the bands before buying. Also, Redmi Note 7 Pro was just announced, should become available for sale soon, might want to wait for that.

what's the difference between the regular Note 7 and the Pro?
also, does it matter if I buy the Chinese instead of the global version? The Chinese 6GB model is even slightly cheaper than the global 4GB
I mean I can install Google Play etc myself, can't I?

The bixby button would be less gay if I could use Bixby vision instead of being forced to use Bixby Voice when it's pressed. Bixby Vision is useful for translating shit, Bixby Voice is good for fucking nothing.

Wait for pro
Better camera, soc, more bands and global rom

>Why do you want waterproofing of your tiny and probably slippery, most portable and most used device?
Ok retard

they don't need it 24/7 but they'll need it for the one time they fall into the pool or leave their phone in their pants on wash day

>what's the difference between the regular Note 7 and the Pro?
Pro has a faster processor (SD675 vs SD660) and a better camera

>does it matter if I buy the Chinese instead of the global version?
Global version has multilanguage, Google apps out of the box, and most importantly more frequency bands

>I can install Google Play etc myself, can't I?
Yeah

Holy shit I just want a screen protector for my phone
These dumb chinese bots are flooding their product with fake reviews with 500 word essays so much that it's at the top search result for my phone
Any specific brands you guys recommend?

Attached: 1551455701.png (738x922, 145K)

The V35 is the first phone I've owned with rounded screen corners, but I don't notice them. The thing I'm having trouble with is how close the screen comes to the edges of the phone, i keep accidentally pressing shit when I don't mean to.
The only thing I miss from my last phone (V20) is the little top screen, shit was so useful. Seems like I might be the only person on earth who actually used it, though. V20 was far and away the best phone I've ever owned, and it still works like a champ.

Nice try Raj, 600 is cheap for it and the phone is 600. Go fling poo elsewhere.

Got mine a week or so ago. Exceptional battery life, build quality is great. Front camera placement is terrible if you find yourself using it often, but I only video call on occasion. MIUI has some nice features, but I ultimately unlocked the bootloader and went straight to Pixel Experience. If you choose to do this, be aware that there will be a period of tweaking time until things are exactly how you want them. Haven't thought about using another ROM since, though. I'm using my 2S with Verizon, and it worked out of the box.

>tfw just bought a Samsung Select 256GB MicroSD card for $50
Feels good man. I can now store all of my FLAC music files on me.

While I like the aesthetics the price seems a little steep for what it is.

why does everyone here shill chinese products? aren't there chinese backdoors in everything?
does rooting solve this issue?

Pocophone

kek nice digits

>Pocophone
pocophone is a massive brick and about 100€ over budget

Attached: DtvILFlVYAUgF24.jpg (600x600, 35K)

>700 EUR
you can get it for