Vs2019 - is it the end of linux for dev purposes?

Attached: Visual-Studio-2019--banner.jpg (1920x700, 99K)

lol no

Attached: any boy.jpg (410x266, 32K)

Modern Windows has proper linux support built-in for server software with amazing debugging experience in vs2019.

1. it's GNU/Linux
2. anyone who leaves gnu+linux because of vs2019 was someone who was never worth having around and is a good riddance.

Pfff, quickmeme...

Using vs2019 doesn't mean quitting linux.
The long way to spell linux is retarded noe, last month I said gnu slash linux at a conf, people and experts made fun of me with insistence.

Eclipse, JetBrains and terminal based editors can't compete anymore! :(

It's not a fair answer.

Now that asp.net core beat all the other server framework, I think we should reconsider vs, but vs-code is more than enough and work on pajeet os too.

yeah i heard linus is switching from emacs to vs2019 because of the cuck features it's so goooood

He has to use VS2015 when he was working for Microsoft but I don't think he is still using it now. ;)

no

Attached: 1543463283203.png (521x399, 13K)

>brand new Telemetry™ code templates in Microsoft MSVC®

Just like any important updates on Linux, restarting is now much faster than before. Current average time to reboot take less than 15s now so it's not really an issue anymore. ;)

Even GoogleOS (Fuschia) uses reboot for applying updates.

This. Exiting vim is now faster than ever.

Linux kernel update restarts do not justify restarting for a glorified text editor aka IDE

Attached: 1539175231259.jpg (960x960, 64K)

That's not relevant to the discussion.

kek this, microsoft now might even steal your code

>trip
your opinion is not relevant to the discussion

>no email client
>no yasnippet
>no org-mode
It's clearly DOA ya pajeet

The only thing good about vosual studio is the debugger. Everything else about VS is still a decade behind JetBrains, and neither is as powerful of am environment as Sam and a couple terminals.

Not even that, binaries produced by microsoft compilers are slow because they embed spyware module that wastes resources and cpu time

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-01 Reviewing Microsoft's Automatic Insertion of Telemetry into C++ Binaries (2724x3834, 1.28M)

Everything is powered by ™ and © things. :(

>unchecking a checkbox is difficult...

that pic is cursed.

No but continually checking your proprietary compiler for possible spyware bloat injection is.

Attached: 1546383845208.jpg (800x600, 130K)

Like any other compilers... Checking is always a mandatory!

>Checking is always a mandatory!
Not for sneaky spyware injectors

There are everywhere... You can't bypass them!

>Like any other compilers...
Which other compiler injects spyware into my binaries by default?

It's not relying to compilers only. :(

fpbp

I have no idea what you were trying to type.

>when you're so Indian it hurts
P O O
O
O

Don't be stupid.

>going full markov chain mode
I thought we had captchas and a botnet fee?

Jesus fuck I thought you stuck to /mpv/ thread but you literally post everywhere on this board you absolute retard

Greentext pls

>does nothing normally
>requires debug symbols to be interpreted
>removed over 2 years ago
amazing

Define: Bloat

>experts made fun of me with insistence.
That harrassing, why didn't they get expelled? Oh yeah, you are not a disabled transwhamen of colour.

Calling Linux GNU/Linux is retarded.

>not being able to recompile your kernel live

What about OpenWRT and Alpine? Both are GNU-less by default (though iirc the former has some components that don't like to be compiled against something that isn't glibc).

2 is objectively true though.

>1. it's GNU/Linux

Attached: 60A3.jpg (750x391, 56K)