Do you feel nostolgia for late 2000s tech/internet communities?

Do you feel nostolgia for late 2000s tech/internet communities?

Attached: 1524114694302.jpg (800x450, 141K)

nope im not a faggot

No, I do for the early and mid 00's though, comfy times.

Not really, it wasn't that much better than today, just a bit.
Daily reminder 2007 was the year the internet gradually stopped being fun, someone post the pic.

No, I do for 90's and early 2000's though.

>2007 was the year the internet gradually stopped being fun
Well that's no fair, so I never had a chance to experience "the good ol days" because my computer & internet access was restricted until 2008 & 2010.

>iPhone announced
>Twitter takes off
>Tumblr
>Facebook removes college e-mail restriction
>Big Bang Theory
>"Internet hate machine"
There you go.

>Daily reminder 2007 was the year the internet gradually stopped being fun, someone post the pic.

>But what about 2007? That was the year when Slovenia adopted the euro, Bulgaria and Romania joined the EU, Kurt Vonnegut died, smoking in enclosed public places was banned in the UK, a student shot 32 people dead and wounded 17 others at Virginia Tech, Luciano Pavarotti died and Benazir Bhutto was assassinated. Oh – and it was also the year that Steve Jobs launched the Apple iPhone.

Man, I'm so old now.

Attached: ify709jkcm7y.jpg (640x841, 80K)

The internet takes itself too seriously nowadays. I remember when Youtube videos were made primarily for fun and not profit or pure narcissism. Not only was it 2007 but the politicization in 2015 really drove it down the grave.

Attached: 8e7.gif (237x336, 1.06M)

Politic shit is fucking everywhere these days. Why do people even care about what they can't change anyway?

Internet really is srs bsns nowadays.

Attached: 1526074439479.png (399x305, 242K)

>Facebook gets new influx of users from MySpace
>ignoring part where MySpace already existed up until that point and that it was the same thing, if not worse

You can shoehorn crap like this for any year and call it "the year everything went to shit"

What does chris chan have anything to do with this?

it truly is
back then it was an entertainment, escapism
now not being online seems like escapism a bit

use wiby.me

It's OP's nostalgia for the late 2000's when they were an edgy teen laughing at the funny internet autistic man.

I think that the key aspect of longing for the old internet is that it has transitioned from being a sort of secret club to a public place. The "internet experience" is now shaped by either advertisers or politics. If you're not being constantly monitored for what brand of toothpaste you like, you're being pestered by the outrage of the week. That is not to say that the quality content isn't out there anymore, it's just harder to find among all the noise.

The MDE subreddit reminded me of the old Jow Forums, so you're right to a degree..

Somewhat, I'd say I feel more regret for being an asshole to random people for no reason though

yes. mainly themeing back in the mid to late 2000's. the way kde4, windows vista, and websites looked give me nostalgia. too bad everything is lifeless flatshit now

I watched Haruhi for the first time last year only after knowing it from 2006 memes and it gave me a nostalgia boner when I saw the Windows XP.