Thinkpad almost beaten by tablet

>Thinkpad P50 barely ahead of Microsoft's tiny little TABLET
holy shit, how the fuck is this possible?

Attached: 1551371094336.jpg (730x515, 82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

notebookcheck.net/More-performance-and-quieter-fans-with-Intel-XTU-Undervolting-the-ThinkPad-X1-Carbon-2018-ThinkPad-T480s.296752.0.html
notebookcheck.net/2018-Surface-Pro-6-series-still-suffers-from-steep-CPU-throttling.354206.0.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>synthetic benchmark

Attached: 1523575052461.jpg (250x250, 22K)

where's your counter argument and evidence?

thinkpads also use 8250u in their newest lineup, why not compare it to the 6 core counterparts in p52? maybe because you're retarded and this comparison makes no sense

>don't compare a 4 core to a 4 core cpu
>compare a tablet 4c cpu to a 6c laptop that costs more than $2000
mongoloid

>compare current generation product to a product from 2 generations ago
you're a fucking retard

I bet I could out perform a tablet user regardless my system.

Attached: 1550568664977.png (707x413, 276K)

newer cpu does it have a dedicated nvidia gpu as well?

Newer CPUs are designed to turboboost to very high speed that exceed their TDP limit by a lot, then throttle back when it overheats. CPU Mark only run for a while so that very little throttling happens. This gives a skewed result that favors Intel's method.

yeah retard, current 15watt cpu versus a 45watt cpu of only one or two gens ago.

but the P50 can be bought (used) for pretty much the same price as a surface pro 6 new.

OP is a CPU comparison user.

>15 watt cpu
>exceed its TDP by a lot
bull fucking shit, the i5 in the surface pro is not even actively cooled because it doesn't need it

>even the tablet has a better screen than lelnovo

if you were even remotely aware of how 8250u behaves in real world you would know it does not draw 15w but much more than that, you're just a retard who believes at anything that's written online and compares products that are not in the same class or generation, gladly stop posting and kill yourself

you're just making shit up at this point. nice damage control though.

>OP is a CPU comparison user.
whoops I thought it was a total system synthetic benchmark. I didn't look at it closely enough :)

15W is a lie and the TDP is exceeded when turboboosting. Without active cooling it quickly goes to very low clock speed after a while but dumbasses like you won't notice it.

proof or gtfo, and it better not be from previous gen surface pros, and it better be specifically from the pro 6.

evidence in pic rel, does that look like 15 watts to you retard? the user in post is right that intel is severely exceeding tdp limit to produce results better than realistically possible, you can also read on testing methodology here
notebookcheck.net/More-performance-and-quieter-fans-with-Intel-XTU-Undervolting-the-ThinkPad-X1-Carbon-2018-ThinkPad-T480s.296752.0.html

Attached: 2018_02_22_20_45_49_Generic_Log_Viewer_3.1_©_2015_Thomas_Barth.png (1436x761, 117K)

>posts thinkpad graphs trying to shit on surface pro
better post surface pro 6 graphs you mongoloid

where does it say in the OP that result comes from a surface pro? stop backpedaling on your own shit retard it's the same cpu

8250u is not a tablet cpu, it's a laptop one with same fucking boost clocks as 6700hq and i fucking doubt surface can sustain those clocks for longer than it requires to pass benchmark before throttling to the 1ghz.

notebookcheck.net/2018-Surface-Pro-6-series-still-suffers-from-steep-CPU-throttling.354206.0.html

wtf is that unmarked graph? which idiot put this together?