So grub accidentally overwrote the windows startup when I was dual booting Debian, is there any way to fix this?

So grub accidentally overwrote the windows startup when I was dual booting Debian, is there any way to fix this?

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (474x402, 22K)

add an entry targetting the windows bootloader partition and chainload it

>install gentoo

If you have the windows partition sudo update-grub should find it during the scan and list it as an option

You've done yourself a favor, user.

You're, for the most part, fuckt. I did the same thing attempting to install gnome and put it on the wrong drive. Ended up overwriting some important section of my windows drive and it was dead as.

rewrite it from scratch

Congratulation!

>accidentally

this

You make grub reclaim ownership of the boot process.

>accidentally
Nope, intentionally or because is buggy.

>the power of opensores

On dual boot setups, particularly GNU/Linux--window setups, it can be an extremely complex and convoluted process repairing accidental boot sector malfunctions that never happened.
Good luck.

Happened the same when i installed some music oriented Debian derivative, windows became bootable again when i installed Manjaro.

root (hd0,0); chainloader /ntldr

next time use lilo

Happened to me when I wanted to use python 3.5 on linux mint so i sudo apt purged python3 which fucked everything up literally everything.

You can has more than one version of python

Depends if your uefi or legacy. If legacy use grub if uefi your fucked

No you're not, you can still install the bootloader from a windows recovery usb/drive.

>2007+12
>not using uefi
you deserve this.

You can still overwrite the UEFI boot partition my dude.

if you're an retard, yeah. i've never had an os that did though.