When did you realize you hate programming

when did you realize you hate programming

Attached: 12321321c151232.jpg (400x400, 36K)

when i started programming

It is a means to an end that I hated before I started doing it. The result of building a house is great, the process of building a house is nothing more than toil.

I hate programming in a team
Programming alone is nice

this

Attached: tenor.gif (514x640, 3.97M)

Can't say I feel that way. I enjoy programming a lot, and when things get stale I start a new project or learn a new language.

last semester
I only hate it because I'm lazy as fuck, wish I could neet my whole life

Same desu

The moment of my conception
>tfw im a savage

Attached: 1545709929183.gif (250x250, 547K)

Is this the new catgirldance thread?

Attached: 75ff9de4788acb4d60a232f49ad82af7240abda63a21d83256487c762d60a409.gif (480x480, 1.07M)

when the C0C became more important than the code

I don't hate programming
I hate working

I program in my spare time, for fun.

Attached: 1447829636969.png (442x574, 337K)

When I got a job

I noticed the moment I started to be taught how to code. in C++/Python, and a few others.

I can program networking equipment all day (IOS or not) but holy fuck do I dread programming anything. I just hate how fucking roundabout shit is.

Yes

Attached: giphy.gif (544x384, 451K)

Attached: 47828fed03957802af3a8f8630cd64562decc2944e92e8d45c898a04b852069a.gif (250x250, 106K)

Third year of CS degree.

I just watched that ED.

Attached: 1448212894421.png (522x511, 311K)

I like programming. There's a lot of interesting ways to approach problems.
As an aside, I also think programming languages are fascinating. They offer a unique look at the way people reason about data, logic, and process.

here's a non-shit version of that gif

Attached: 1546372522736.gif (300x385, 3.92M)

When I started to work with spring.

Imagine the smell

smell the imagine

When I found out you'll never really get to work on interesting projects.

> tfw no cute neko gf

Attached: 1521144337280.png (633x758, 34K)

When I had to study morality as part of a data mining course.

Never did. Being able to make your own tools and getting the computer to do what you want is very nice.
Pic related: op in the front and me in the background

Attached: 1484249437488.gif (344x203, 3.88M)

Before I even started
It was even reaffirmed when I had to program because of a college course

>means to an end
bingo

When I stare at the screen and realize that I hate life

I prefer the screen to mirrors.

I don't hate programming. I hate "programmers". Fucking pajeets cobbling together unholy abominations that the world should never have seen.

You don't hate programmers, you hate "coders".

Is there any difference anymore? There are those who know maths and algorithmic and there are pajeets. No matter what you label them they will stay incompetent overpayed faggots that should never have gotten a job in the industry.

when most programmers are pop culture geeks or actually autistic

I love programming but i hate bad os, bad tools, bad docs, agile/scrum bs. I wish i was programming for a living in the early 90' and not today

Trust me it wasn't any better back then either. There was still shit software back then and pos "programmers". Same shit different name.

never i have a lot of fun still

>Is there any difference anymore?
There is a correlation. That's the best you can get in a natural language.

Programmer:
>muh CS
>muh big O
>muh paradigm
>I implemented that algorithm

Coder:
>muh well paid job
>muh language (identifying with language outside job listing is a red flag)
>muh it works so it's good
>I coded that app

I genuinely loved programming back then as a hobby. I eventually got an unrelated job and many years later I tried and is still trying to get back at programming. Somehow, the passion is mostly gone.

No, windows nt was better, visual c++ was way better, visual basic/delphi was better

>muh language (identifying with language outside job listing is a red flag)
I know it's pure autism on my part but god that triggers me so much. Blindly defending a language and making it your entire identity as a person because you happened to learn it at some point instead of using what works best for the circumstances you are given.
Fuck people and their "brand loyalty" so to speak to certain languages.

I like coding, I fucking hate working.

When I started using multiple languages simultaneously. C and Python for my internship and Java for school. It's all so tiresome, making the computers happy. Too many dumb rules. Immediately changed fields.

Attached: 1550399886378.jpg (1084x1328, 287K)

Based and redpilled

What did you change to?

high school

Attached: 1456316600242.jpg (577x597, 39K)

Attached: 4cc.jpg (500x137, 13K)

being a neet

>like programming
>get a wage
>dislike programming

Attached: 1551025232716.jpg (220x220, 4K)

Just go into IT

All the IT majors always struggled in the most basic of coding classes

2nd year of college at 25. Switching to engineering. I always wanted a more hands on approach.

That's the point
IT is where you go when you want to work with computers but don't want to program

Having a better time setting up data centers than wanting to kill myself coding.

>All the IT majors always struggled in the most basic of coding classes
Sometimes you need to know your limits. Not everyone is meant to be a programmer.

Fuck off Powershell is a better experience than sitting through a coding class

When I got into UX design

When I was forced to do C# OOP from college year 10-13.

When I got my first programming job

fpbp

taught myself programming because it's better than manual labor, now every day I have a real bad case of impostor syndrome at work as our backend developer

I spend all of my free time writing these stupid fucking applications to (((learn))) all of these bloated fucking libraries that will be outdated and replaced in the next 5 years

fuck javascript libraries fuck react and fuck mobile

Attached: 1524035455600.jpg (480x460, 19K)

>when did you realize you hate programming
When they tried to make me learn COBOL.

They only thing I hate is a fucking normies with their disgusting pedo cartoons.

The worst thing about working in programming is that unlike other fields you knowledge doesn't compound. you can have 20-30 years in programming in a bunch of languages and if say the bulk of your experience is in Java and you apply for a senior C# role, a young guy with 2-3 years of experience will get the job over you.

Your experience and knowledge don't compound.

That is, the young guy has 2-3 years of experience programming (or some trivial amount compared to you) in C#.

>The worst thing about working in programming is that unlike other fields you knowledge doesn't compound
that's not true
I managed to hack together an image board despite not being a web dev just by feeling it out with my existing programming experience

he's saying when it comes to companies hiring you and looking at your years of experience

my plan to get around this issue is by blatantly lying about my years of experience

Attached: 1522512019736.png (1600x1300, 2.71M)

then he should have said your qualifications don't compound, because your knowledge and skills certainly do

lmao @ ur life gayboy
you're probably a fucking retard who can't program his way out of a paper bag and are taking out it on "pajeets" out of jealousy. stop projecting your own incompetency.

Attached: 1447837473662.png (505x505, 351K)

When I finished uni got a dev job worked for 2 year and saw the hell of going through shit code. Working with "teams"

When I realized I needed thousands of ones of code just to make something actually useful and marketable

When I had to do it in school. This shit ain't for me. I hate math more tho.

Attached: eclipse_logo_colour.png (1958x460, 34K)

Sometimes I read through others github profiles and I find that most of them do JavaScript/node.js webdev. I don't find that remotely interesting. How do people have any passion for these jobs?

I want to work on real software development when I graduate.

this
programming as a hobby is the most fun thing ever. Working, however, isn't

Attached: 1537836645340.jpg (1100x1186, 1.15M)

but I've already wasted 5 years on trying to have it as a job, what the fuck do I do now

Attached: 1458108477931.jpg (600x549, 35K)

Sophomore year in HS/Vocational school. It was kinda fun to learn but I couldn't bear the idea of doing it for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week for years for meager pay.

When I realized I was a brainlet and only getting by in university by stealing and refactoring code from my friends and stackoverflow. Now the market is saturated with chinks and pajeets, that're smarter and more talented than me, that are willing to work for less.

Attached: 1491109518815.jpg (372x268, 15K)

2nd year cs

1.6 or Source? Or maybe Global Offensive?

this is me except I am a chink and a disgrace to my countrymen

Oh user, you are the pajeet.

Attached: 1508515776648.png (1082x1340, 1.67M)

When I realized I can make more money making others do the programming for me.

Attached: 1551371908400.jpg (570x710, 144K)

Not all brainlets are pajeets but all pajeets are brainlets.

give up

Condition Zero.

Spotted the pajeet.

9th grade. It was a lot of fun to teach myself about very basic game engine principles using actionscript, but programming something to calculate interest or whatever is so boring

here is a non-shit webm of that gif

Attached: whoredancing.webm (300x385, 246K)

oh so you're fucking gay gotcha

>when did you realize you hate programming
When I was promoted from a developer position to a project management position.

I realized that I'd much rather look at libreoffice suite and answer mails all day than any IDE

Attached: 1519241070800.jpg (500x423, 90K)

you only become hateful of programming if you're an emotional clod like yourself OP

desu I
>was dabbling in DOS back in kindergarten at the age of 5
>mastered the office suite by the age of 8
>exploited our school precinct's loose network domain user privileges to simultaneously shut down every computer in the tri-county area at the age of 9
>was doing full-stack (that term didn't exist back then) development at the age of 14
>the only thing college taught me was data structures, how the operating system works under the hood and how to ASM
tl;dr while you were out playing pokemon, I studied the blade

It still won't get me laid though.

Yea, I slay e-sports gaymen boipucci for breakfast.

>protip: you're letting your brain rot

SLEEP SNUG, SMUG

What the fuck? Compound interest is one of the most entertaining things there is.

Brain rot sure pays nice though

So does investment banking, and both are recipes for a soulless, unhappy life.

I know what you guys make, it's not THAT good.

Investment banking is absolutely based if you are a psychopath.

Why are you so hard on me though.
Everyone benefitted from this.
My position was filled by a new hiree who's definitely more skilled than me. The project benefitted from this (dev with more skills), I benefited from it (I do things I enjoy more and I earn more).