/pmp/ - Portable Music Player

What do you use to listen to music?

Attached: ipod.jpg (1479x1863, 525K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/Onjess-1950mAh-Battery-Thick-Housing-Case-Cover-Headphone-Jack-for-iPod-5th-Video-6th-7th-Classic/32855716559.html
amazon.com/SanDisk-Player-Screen-MicroSDHC-SDMX24-008G-G46K/dp/B00HCMZ2SE/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=sandisk clip&qid=1551547751&s=electronics&sr=1-3
youtube.com/watch?v=TV1AyDfxeng
themes.rockbox.org/index.php?themeid=2631&target=ipodvideo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

My computer

I have a same looking ipod but unfortunately it's battery can't hold up anymore.

same.
since the death of iPods, companies that sell replacement batteries seem to have disappeared with them.

get batteries on aliexpress ive had a few from there, if you have a wider back you can get a slightly bigger battery. I've been thinking of buying one of these kits though, it probably gets like a months battery kek aliexpress.com/item/Onjess-1950mAh-Battery-Thick-Housing-Case-Cover-Headphone-Jack-for-iPod-5th-Video-6th-7th-Classic/32855716559.html

Attached: 1514018475176.png (650x653, 345K)

I honestly just use youtube or foobar mobile whem I'm out. I'm thinking about setting up airsonic on my seedbox but I don't really want to keep my sorted library there in addition to my seeding directory.

With a library over 1TB there are 0 options that don't require choosing what data to exclude. If I can't have it all I'm just gonna use youtube I guess. Spotify is evil and I abhor it.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-01 at 4.28.53 PM.png (500x408, 286K)

have you thought of using plex? i think it does music not sure how well though

LG V30 & Shuttle+ ...I still have my Zune HD but my phone has a pretty great DAC and a good sound.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-02-17-03-00-14.png (1440x2880, 2.9M)

>zune hd
doesn't that have metro ui trash

i dont really use spotify, more like Overcast with my SE and Airpods

Attached: 1527716567584.jpg (3024x4032, 811K)

>/pmp/
This thread is clearly a duplicate of /spg/ and should be deleted.

dedicated music players are comfy

Heres my rockboxed iPod Video, mods are on the way

Attached: IMG_20190217_144001.jpg (1944x2592, 1.32M)

ertu íslenskur?

nah, that n is actually an ñ

How's the Benjie T6? Is it worth Rockboxing?

who here /shanling m0/?

>LG V30
This. Has a good DAC, good sound on any headphones I've used, and can tweak if needed with Viper magisk module. Battery life is the only big negative, but it lasts through the day even with heavy use, and I usually carry a battery when traveling anyway.

What's the most accessible rockbox compatible iPod model?

>How's the Benjie T6?
Good if you're lucky and your device doesn't come from the shit QC pile
>Is it worth Rockboxing?
of course

Replace it yourself. They cost next about 5USD at most and its so simple even I can do it and I can't even follow most instructions kids can follow.

Sandisk Sansa e260 running Rockbox freedomware. Thanks Jow Forums.

on speakers now though

Attached: earnine-en120-with-sansa-clip-zip1.jpg (2048x2731, 2.17M)

5G Video
1st gen Nano

Ipod 5.5 gen
rockbox
sd memory card mod
128gb sd
Tin audio T2 iems
Fuckin based af. Battery lasts a retarded long time. Best DAC chip out there in any apple product. Bought the ipod for $40 on ebay because it wouldn't hold a charge.

Attached: ipod_5gen.jpg (1944x2592, 1005K)

Sandisk Sansa with Rockbox.

i fear that if i get a lg v20 my shangling m0 will rot in my cupboard.

me. i wish there were longer time options for auto shutdown tho. max is 10 mins idle.

Attached: 20190222_014210~01.jpg (1920x1080, 551K)

This guy's computer.

ipod classic looks comfy. i miss physicial buttons

*unzips dick*

Attached: 1533122321922.jpg (2436x3248, 845K)

fuck these generals. i already have a couple of headphones,thinkpads & mechanical keyboards. im not gonna fall for another meme again.

the glowing buttons are such a nice orange

Attached: IMG_3479.jpg (679x758, 342K)

>He hasn't fell into meme since 2010.

Attached: DSC_8090.jpg (1291x918, 216K)

rockboxed benjie t6

Attached: IMG_20190302_083104.jpg (4032x3024, 3.5M)

"microfucker" lmao great name user

Going to say this myself. Plex is great for music, just have a steady uplink.

kirino a shit

My phone + a 256GB microSD card + Musicolet

What can I do to stop my in ear headphones from going bad ?It's always the one ear that stops working probably because the inner wire gets cut/damaged from all the bending. Usually near the part where it connects with my player.

Would it be useful to put some tape around that part to stop it from bending too much ?

Are you using g an iflash board?
5th and 6th/7th classic, 7th doesn't really exist but you'll see the name used
What's it rubber banded to?
That's cute desu
Cute

Attached: 1550533718115.jpg (505x665, 82K)

My Classic has finally kicked the bucket. I'm looking into Astell & Kern AKJR 64G as a replacement.
Anyone used Astell & Kern before?

they seem overpriced
there are many decent chink pmps for far less

Got any recommendations?

Anything that could be rockbox-ed.

Fiio m6 looks good
I have the m7 and it's great, but it's been superseded by the m6

battery life over/under 8 hours?

about 8 hours at medium volume flac playback

kek thought i'd look for what is popular on amazon saw this as one of their product pictures

Attached: 71cz4cqnS1L._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 169K)

top fucking kek who makes these

Attached: 81lVV7nhpHL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 312K)

lmao

that's a big PMP

Fuck PMP!
We turntable now!

Doesn't get more comfier

Attached: U2 video.jpg (1809x2268, 491K)

nice, you got an iflash or still using the hdd?

A cheap ebay pcb for the CF2ZIF
I have bought 5 of them for 5€ and the first one is still going stronk after 3 years now

6th/7th classic is Rockbox compatible? I heard it wasn't, and it didn't show up in the rockbox utility program when I tried to see if it would work.

Since there's no sticky, suggestions for cheap players? I have a pair of Etymotic HF5's.

Where do you guys pirate your music?

rutracker my man

It's rubberbanded to the case that the T2's shipped in. I just do that to keep everything together and keep the iem's protected.

pub trackers or RED

nyaa and random blog sites from google. so much dead music on nyaa tho since people only seem to seed anime and not music

My dad's CD collection.

rutracker like the other user said is a good choice, soulseek for more obscure albums if you don't care about the quality and deezloader for everyday use

I'm interested in this too. Something around 50€, with good software and fm radio.
Any trusted, reputable sites for reviews too?

if i didnt care about the quality of my music. it would be easy to just youtube convert everything user.

how is downloading every song and converting it easier?
also the thing about soulseek is that it's your last chance to find the album that you want, and listeting to a low quality mp3 is better then no listening to said album at all

"youtube-dl -x urltosong"
Ok now I can listen to the ultimate showdown now!

What is a good portable music player that isn't touch screen for ~$50

Attached: 1384729761205.jpg (811x754, 105K)

Fiio X1 used on ebay
or amazon.com/SanDisk-Player-Screen-MicroSDHC-SDMX24-008G-G46K/dp/B00HCMZ2SE/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=sandisk clip&qid=1551547751&s=electronics&sr=1-3

>anything used
Ew
I mean, yes, I am disgusting attention whoring anime pedo scum, but I'm not THAT dumb

theres nothing wrong with used electronics kek

Well, you are more retarded than anything else. There's nothing wrong with getting used but if you're that worried about getting fucked then by locally and not online for used stuff. Then you can check out the thing for defects and whatnot

Attached: 153320776713240367.png (700x700, 932K)

Attached: walman.png (1422x997, 315K)

yeah it is you gotta tick the show disabled target box, i also think you need to isntall a bootloader i dont remember though youtube.com/watch?v=TV1AyDfxeng

I have an iPod Nano (the square touchscreen one, 6g I think?) that I leave constantly plugged into my car's USB in the center console, but honestly I don't use it much anymore. It's just too much hassle to deal with Apple devices, so I stream music through bluetooth from my Android phone instead, and these days it's mostly Spotify anyway.

Huh, cool. I completely overlooked that option when I was looking at the program myself.

I do notice that when I select 6th Gen ipod as my device, it says I don't need a bootloader, where the video you linked installed one. I'm probably safe to chalk that up to the fact that the video is two and a half years old, and it's probably improved since then. Thanks.

I'm using my old MZ-N510 (pic related), good thing it can write discs.
I just like the whole disc aesthetic for some reason, although im looking for a better player.
Anyone else have experience with MD players?

Attached: sony_mzn510_blue_high.jpg (1775x1384, 141K)

I can see the appeal of stuff like the Clip+, shingchong m0 and but why are these walkmans a thing? At that point why not just use your phone instead of a DAP that looks like a phone, works like a phone and is operated with a touchscreen like a phone?

Does anyone here know of any decent Youtube to MP3 converting programs?

YTD started being assholes and charging.

Attached: 1433619786784.jpg (213x293, 17K)

creative muvo c100 here
has 256M of internal storage (which i havent touched since i got this)
SD card support up to 1G (while larger cards get detected and work fine, any data past 1~1.1G cannot be read)
runs on aaa cells, regular alkalines get you about a month (20 days, with 2-3hrs of play per day, so 40~60hrs per cell, moderate volume, backlight disabled), rechargables run you maybe 15 days, depending on capacity
i had the chance to switch to an ipod nano, but i prefer having batteries, switching on the go is way comfier then having to plug your player in every couple days (not to mention managing music on the device is way easier with just files and folders), and the limited storage does force you to cycle through songs every once in a while

Attached: muvosport.jpg (295x254, 17K)

youtube-dl

Background noise makes carrying anything around other than a phone or tape player pointless

And if you say its worth it because you use IEM (in ear shit) you will get hit by a car and die soon anyway so why invest

Because your phone sounds like shit and its sound is worse compared to a simple pmp like Clip+.

did you even read the post you're replying to

Well, do you? Because that fag ask what's the purpose of Walkman and it's for a better sound, there's your simplified answer. Also it still has physical buttons for volume, playback, and changing tracks, you only need to use touch screen to navigate around.

Rockboxed Clip Zip

Attached: sansa logo.png (96x96, 3K)

ipod video, rockboxed on "nightly" builds, and i see i had the same-ish idea for the theme as OP but i got really bored one night and actually modified the bmps and colors .

Attached: KIMG0013.jpg (1920x2560, 645K)

I don't really mess with torrents for music anymore i just use Soulseek

what's the theme?

themes.rockbox.org/index.php?themeid=2631&target=ipodvideo
MinimalY but modified to be dark theme'd and using custom background

I have an ipod classic too. I also converted my old phone to be a stand alone music player and audiobook reader. Old ipods are amazing though, they really were something special.

I did this once too, it wasnt too bad but it was a really crappy android phone and it just kept freezing up so i ditched it. Ill always stick by the old ipods. shame about current year apple.

maybe you guys can help
what's the best font for rockbox to cover other alphabets (russian, japanese, korean, etc)?
seems most of the built in ones dont

for japanese, chinese characters
any Fixed-Bold.fnt size
any Sazanami-Mincho.fnt size
14-Rockbox-Mix.fnt
any size GNU Unifont.fnt
dunno about the rest

>Sazanami-Mincho.fnt
that's what i've been using, was wondering about others, thx

np, it's a good one but some characters do not show with it, too. i wish there were a bit more fonts that supported these characters but theres really few.

is there a fuller one, or do they all miss some?