Ubuntu vs Fedora, what is the best Linux distro?*

Ubuntu vs Fedora, what is the best Linux distro?*
*ricefags need not apply to this thread.

Attached: 1200px-Ubuntu_18.10.png (1200x675, 701K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vYofpdo0PXk&t=260s
ambrevar.xyz/guix-advance/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Debian stable if you are not a kid.

Ubuntu because more software is supported

I want software from this decade.

Manjaro because is based on arch

Debian is a distro made by trannies for trannies.

*tips* why yes I do use Fedora. how did you know?

Attached: that-feel-when-using-fedora.png (442x293, 66K)

>gnome 3
no thanks

Fedora, because APT is dogshit

Ubuntu because it just werks

debian is the alpha and omega

>Ubuntu
shitty African OS
>Fedora
euphoric atheist OS
I'm happy using Windows 10 HOME senpai

>I'm happy using Windows 10 HOME senpai
Then you obviousy have no business being on Jow Forums.

Any OS that I can use without supporting jews, communists or trannys?

Sounds like a solid recommendation, surely trannies require rock hard, I mean rock stable software.

TempleOS

Ubuntu, always ubuntu, every single person i saw on my life that used linux, used it.
Ubuntu always get the newest features and when any relevant developers (rarely) make something for Linux they always develop it for Ubuntu in mind.

Ubutuntu because its what terry used F

Fucking based!

Might as well ask this here though notOP , which do yall use as far as ubuntu flavors go?

>ubuntu always gets the newest features
Actually Fedora mostly implements stuff first. That's mostly one of their goal.

This. I currently have Fedora installed but some programs just dontehave the supported libraries in Fedora (even with rpmfusion) even tho it is a great distro.

Planning on installing Neon onto my laptop and default Ubuntu on my desktop.

I'm on vanilla Ubuntu atm because... hmm... I have no idea. Usually I'd go for Xubuntu.

>70000000

>

you're glowing

so Terry Himself was glowing?

Linux Mint.

Ubuntu is downstream to fedora, amateurs in Debian backports changes to unstable and testing and Ubuntu yet again backports them into Ubuntu

I don't like Ubuntu but you are retarded. Ubuntu still is open source and free from malware unlike windows. he could created an os in Ubuntu, yet you faggot can't even fizzbuzz in gentoo

xubuntu is the best buntu

ubuntu, cause dnf is s l o o o w dogshit
>xubloatu
no, mint xfce is basically xubuntu, done right - same as lxle for lubuntu

>fedora commits and takes from upstream
>Debian takes from upstream and fedora patches
>Ubuntu takes .Deb from Debian because they are retarded
>Linux Mint takes .Deb from both Debian and Ubuntu and call it a distro
you are the blackest kind of nigger

Does LARBS count as a distro?

all this bs just to tell me fedora is untested and unstable.
p.s. everyone knows, nobody is beta testing redhat for free

Enjoy your 10 year old software, debian nigger

yeah it's easy to be fast when your (((package manager))) is just a barebones C frontend to a shittier glorified gunzip

install

xubuntu is xubuntu done right

>what is the best Linux distro?
Debian

gentoo

kids use debian, people with actual jobs use ubuntu/fedora/rhel

>literally the same fixes
>unstable
it's even buggier because they have to also be tested in the backported environment which is different. debian does the testing right, ubuntu doesn't and mint doesn't do it at all, the two at the top are the most stable, debian the one with less reboots for security. You can do only security upgrades on fedora, while on debian it's the only kind of updates you get, not a single performance or GUI bug upgrade in years. Even fedora with the security flag needs more reboot than debian, but then you don't have 10 year old packages just for rebooting once a week.
Heck, I don't even see screenfetchs with more than 2 days of uptime on Jow Forums with debian, so they really don't even care about that.
What I'll give to you is debian has more packages, that's all. Quantity over quality

How up-to-date is the debian unstable branch compared to say Arch? I tried normal debian and it was prehistoric shit

>debian unstable
>arch

Fedora works for me.

Attached: Screenshot_20190301_234654.png (1920x1080, 909K)

Fedora. Because RPM>DEB

Attached: 676.jpg (900x600, 42K)

>28 (Twenty Eight)
sir do the needful and update your os
dnf update --refresh
dnf system-upgrade download --refresh --releasever=29
dnf system-upgrade reboot
dnf system-upgrade clean
dnf clean packages

>leap
>not tumbleweed
enjoy reinstalling every year

>doesn’t know you can change desktop environments

winlet fag plays gaymes on a mini PC

youtube.com/watch?v=vYofpdo0PXk&t=260s

fuck off kid

Attached: Screenshot_20190302_015501.png (1920x1080, 781K)

>Ubuntu vs Fedora, what is the best Linux distro?
These are two separate queries.

1- Fedora
2- Arch of course

Shitskin subhuman.

la creatura...

>Shotcut
lmaoing@tuputacara

If you like a gnome, then definitely Fedora, otherwise Ubuntu or Arch.

Install Gentoo

tails because I know im not being watched

Attached: prffffkducffo.com.jpg (1280x720, 31K)

fedora, redhat is linux leader

Uptime is important only for servers and things like that where there is no failover server or switching can fuck things up anyway.

Best distro currently distrowatch confirms

Void, but it’s by furries, so

yeah, but I value not having to relaunch everything

Debian stable.

Ubuntu MATE is the best Ubuntu.
Gnome 2 was the perfect desktop, but some people want to try to reinvent the wheel.

>Ubuntu because more software is supported
This.
Ubuntu best for prod servers. All people use ubuntu. Work out of the box.

>panel on top and bottom
Gnome 2 is retarded just like gnome 3

I don't like either of those distros, so sorry not giving a direct answer to the question. My choice is GuixSD. Here is an article I have bookmarked that goes into detail on why it's so good. It's a lot to take in, but reading just a little should get you excited so that maybe you'll try it yourself.
ambrevar.xyz/guix-advance/index.html

One more thing to add before I close this tab. You can run Guix the package manager on other distros, although you then lose out on some of the system management features of the Guix system. So if you're on Debian you can use Guix to get newer packages and such.

This. I really like Mint, its just works.

Unironically Arch, it's not even hard, I've never had stability issues and the AUR is incredibly useful. Just grab Manjaro or Antergos if you don't want to bother installing manually

gentoo is better unironically

People with actual jobs don't use Linux.

>reinstalling
heh
no
upgrading from usb drive werks just fine

Kubuntu works well.
If you want GNOME then standard Ubuntu is pretty good but honestly GNOME == Redhat, any other distro or OS is a second class citizen in modern GNOME world.

Yes, they do.
Lots of places use Linux as an OS for workers, especially in Customer Service.
>bbut muh MSOffice
Doesn't matter since they're all using custom web based applications, Linux is free, it has Firefox/Chrome and you can lock it down better than Windows.

Sure any place MSOffice is a neccessity, Windows is going to be the order of the day, but there are plenty of businesses that simply don't need it for at least a portion of their employees.

gotta love my fedora, been installed for a few years and handles version upgrades like a champ

Anything that doesn't use Gnome.

Linus is right when he says fragmentation killed desktop Linux, just look at this shitshow of a thread.

Terry used Ubuntu though

I like elementary Os, but strictly *buntu talking; xububtu.

>Ubuntu best for prod servers. All people use ubuntu. Work out of the box.
Never installed Ubuntu minimal on an actual production server.

So I guess 99.9% of sysadmins and nasa employees are unemployed then

Imagine being this retarded. Occasionally, fa/g/lords will sperg out about which distro is truly superior—usually Arch due to its "minimalism", Debian due to its "stability", Ubuntu due to its "ease of use", et cetera. All more or less incorrect, of course; Arch's kernel has an allyesconfig which is unnecessary bloat and counterarguments its self-proclaimed DIY nature, Debian's main meme is being ancient as all hell, and Ubuntu's everything generally sucks—from apt and its ways of handling dependencies to the varied degrees of bloat you get upon a fresh install. Yes, that includes Server as well for the most part.

In comparison, Fedora is about as fresh as a distro can get. While there is certainly a good amount of pros in comparison to other distros and by itself, these are only a few that are considered integral to its out-of-the-box, comfortable enterprise experience.
>Just werks out of the box
>Systemd is implemented nicely you it doesn't bother me that much like other distros do
>Same for GNOME because GNOME is tied with systemd
>Same for SELinux which is known for making things don't work. Never had this problem on Fedora.
>It is intended to above-medium users(like sysadmins, programmers, powerusers etc.) and not linux newbies(doesn't mean it is hard to use) so it focuses more on polishing the distro and development tools rather than focusing making it "easier to use".
>The userland is 100% free software which is good, the main repo has strict licensing rules so only free software gets there, which is good, but it still has non-free firmware which is also good because not everyone has a libre computer.
>Packages are compiled with hardening options like position-independend-executable which makes Fedora very secure
>Developers are actually either Redhat developers or profesional/advanced community developers and not careless basement autists or retarded SJW trannies that remove packages just because they have the word "boob" in it.

Thanks IBM-san!

Lots of professors in my university use it, it's also used in servers at my uni

No point using Ubuntu over Debian
>Not as secure or stable
>Full of bloat and spyware
>"muh ancient old packages" is something only kids whine about, because you can have debian stable running new shit and better than on Ubuntu. And you can always use testing or SID, read some documentation before you do it so you know how to correctly fix your system
>Stupid ugly name
>Although Ubuntu is cake on installing, Debian is also quite easy

dont listen to this fag
>gets updated more frequently, probably more secure
>debian already has bloat, and bloat is just a meme
>a valid argument. newer packages are superior than older ones :^) and testing and sid are both less stable than ubuntu

Ubuntu's popularity means better availability of pre-packaged software.

I use ubuntu at work and ubuntu at home. I like Linux a lot but doing things harder for yourself is hardly fun.

who are you quoting newfriend?
Opinions disregarded, Ubuntu is broken for being downstream from an already broken distro

Distro's are a social construct. It doesn't really matter which one you use other than gentoo, because that's just retarded

Vete al diablo maricón

Production servers should not have unnecessary shit installed you stupid dickless moron. Or you meant dev servers?

Gotta work better on that bait

you have to be 18 to post here

Debian

>ubuntu
>amazon included oob
Ok retard