Best DEs / Distros

Sick of the i3 + Arch meme.
What are the good DE + distro combos, Jow Forums ?

Looking for something that works straight out of the box, looks good, low bloat.

Attached: post.png (1922x1080, 897K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-shell/merge_requests/5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

GNOME - Fedora

Easy, xfce+i3 void. Works straight oob? I doubt there's any set up that does. Maybe make it a little easier and just say minimal tweaking.

this

Ubuntu minimal + KDE
Arch + KDE
Void + KDE

(i don't hate gnome, i just got used to KDE)

KDE or XFCE.
Arch or Debian.

Yeah this

Devuan + IceWM

Despite the name IceWM is like LXDE but even lighter.

I've used GNOME in the past and feel that it's a bit bloated. Is that accurate at all or is it actually pretty light weight ?

Void + dwm

++

freebsd + i3
It's perfect for what 90% of users. The remaining 10% is using the OS they need already instead of searching for an alternative OS like you are. Give freeBSD a try mate

IMO RAM usage is too high for what GNOME offers.

The problem with GNOME is not the bloat, is the fact that the devs are fucking brain dead and don't give two shits about usability.

Arch/GNU/systemd + plasma/i3 is the only combination you'll ever need.

So, you use Arch Hurd with systemd, and KDE Plasma with i3?

That's literally the most jewish combination I can think of.

Nobody is stupid enough to use Hurd in a production environment.

Fedora Mate

I've used i3 and Manjaro for an entire year.
I've just switched to KDE and Arch, my KDE desktop being riced to my likings, and I'm pretty satisfied.
My only issue is that I still haven't found a way to make my arch hibernate without crashing and I'm too lazy now to go fix it, so I just use suspend. (or the othey way around, i don't remember)

I feel like i'm going to stay in this ecosystem for a long while, specially considering how well KDE connect with my smartphone.

>Hurd
I wish. Maybe one day.
The kernel is just some minor cog in the GNU operating system, that's why it wasn't mentioned.
How is any of that Jewish? What does that even mean? You should probably go back.
I'm not Jewish btw, and fuck Israel (although I don't have anything against random Jewish people)

xfce or cinnamon.

>Use Gnome 3
>Alt + Tab
>goes by open programs instead of open windows and have to use arrow keys to find the window I'm looking for

Attached: a33.png (558x614, 45K)

Yeah I'm not sure why I doubted myself when some recommended GNOME, it's pretty awful from memory.

Windowmaker + GuixSD.

Or rather, they think they are usability gods and removing options is a feature.

Budgie is comfy as shit

Elementary Os if you don't care about ricing.

kde plasma. it ironically gives you more options to customize it through a GUI than a lot of programs have available through cfg files but honestly i just got used to it. there's a reason why many people dislike GNOME, bloat and claim to be minimalist but still have a soft spot for plasma

Debian + Xfce, the best combination possible

Debian testing/unstable with budgie, Debian stable with Xfce

Ubuntu 19.04 gnome-shell xwayland here

Nothing is better

xfce+arch

xfce for x, enlightenment for wayland

Debian + Awesome
Am I good?

KDE Neon - KDE Neon

>what is alt ESC
>what are workspaces

Budgie - Solus

Manjaro + KDE

arch + openbox

Bunsenlabs

>Gnome finally getting fractional scaling

gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-shell/merge_requests/5

Attached: (spoons rattling).jpg (540x303, 41K)

openbox is the only good one

You can just change that you fucking retard

ubuntu gnome /thread

why not have sane defaults in the first place?

they already did retard.
Imagine scrolling trough 5 terminals to get to the file manager. With no option to reach it faster. You have three ways of switching windows. Just don't be retarded and like read what you are using Go back to windows nigger

it runs well on a 4GB machine. i even run it on a 2009 macbook pro with no problems.

NixOS + xmonad