Whats the final veredict on the 1660ti for a 300€ card?

Whats the final veredict on the 1660ti for a 300€ card?

Attached: file.png (1500x1000, 916K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/geforce-gtx-1660-ti-advanced-shaders-streaming-multiprocessor/
techspot.com/review/1799-geforce-gtx-1660-mega-benchmark/
youtube.com/watch?v=obfw8FzYISg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Thiccc

green company bad

From my understanding:

980ti = 1070 = 1660ti

So yes for $280 it is a good deal. For any more than that, no it's not a good deal.

It's basically a 1070, which is still fine for most 1080p gaming without ray tracing.

>Whats the final veredict
EVGA built a nice, short but THICC card. i like it.
performance wise it's kinda boring imo. slightly below 1070 in some titles while slightly ahead in others.

Personally believe that it should be a $200 card, and there's no reason for 10 series owners to buy. In fact I believe that new system builders should just opt in for a second hand 10 series, and hold out on buying anything until at least next year.

>second hand 10 series
aren't they all wildly overpriced in terms of price/performance compared to cards like the 2060

I see 1060's for around 120-150, 1070/to iin the $200's, gtx 1080s go for $300, and 1080ti go for a little above $400 in my locale. In my opinion those aren't bad prices considering what was just released.

nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/geforce-gtx-1660-ti-advanced-shaders-streaming-multiprocessor/

Don't buy 10 series

>1080p
i run my games at 1440p on 3.5GB graphics card

Attached: snapshot_14.37_[2016.12.23_02.18.08].png (1920x1080, 2.93M)

>Comparing a $300 GPU to one that's available for $120-150.
How good is it compared to a gtx 1080 non ti?

nvidias last good product was the 970 because that generation had unlocked firmware and bios and thus could be overclocked since 10series they have locked it down

why the fuck pay 300+ for a gpu you cant increase the speed of by 30% more. etc. you can literally make a 980ti like 60% faster with a overclock and make it catch up to 1080ti.

nvidia has too much control of the hardware now with encrypted bios etc. its not worth it.

>It's basically a 1070, which is still fine for most 1080p gaming without ray tracing.

1070 is in 1440p60 territory

Pairs well with a 4K TV

>Make a 980Ti to catch up to a 1080Ti
No you can't. At best case scenario you can catch a non Ti 1080 in some games.
t. Guy who just replaced his EVGA 980Ti Classified clocked to 1600MHz under stupid voltage.

just buy it goyim

Attached: nvidiot.jpg (796x805, 119K)

you forget used cards might die you at any moment while a brand new card can die over 2-3 years and amazon will replace it for you

>300€
ok, drone

Attached: Untitled.png (919x1024, 274K)

>had a 980Ti overclocked as high as I could realistically get it
>Just wasn't cutting it anymore
>Missed the train for brand new 1080Ti's for sub $800
>Started checking eBay and all the decent models were $1200+ for used
>check AMD's offerings and nothing was worth the price for its performance increase over my 980Ti
>Just say fuck it and buy a top tier 2080Ti

What the fuck AMD? I already bought Ryzen. What the FUCK is your GPU division doing? Ditch GCN already you stupid motherfuckers.

might as well get a used 1070. should be cheaper than the 1660ti and come with 8gb of vram instead of 6

At $280, a better card than the alternative 590, not that that was a great deal to begin with. The Vega 56 occasionally drops to $280 but it's rare and sells out instantly.

It's GTX 1070 performance for $100 off what 1070 MSRP was. A fair deal, and the best choice at its price. I don't know what the situation in Europe is though.

>€

Attached: 1487810700106.png (415x356, 22K)

I'll take my chances since a lot of them are still covered under warranties.

>2080ti
>ryzen
enjoy your CPU bottleneck

It's less than 8% reduced performance than the housefire i9-9900k when playing at 1440p and I'm on first gen Ryzen. When 7nm launches I'll be getting that which will completely remove any bottleneck. And you'll still be poor.

Attached: 1527277842068.png (280x278, 103K)

>what are taxes
Fucking kill yourself

Attached: file.png (1507x221, 129K)

>buying a 2080Ti but playing at a resolution meant for babies and poor people

LMAO. Anyone with a 2080Ti needs to be at 1440p or 2160p. Anything less is just fucking hilarious

I don't what the used market is like there but I'd rather just get a miner's GTX 1080 for less.

Europeans have 50% sales tax on everything and I'm sure there's extra tax for stuff like pc parts

>It's less than 8% reduced performance than the housefire i9-9900k
Probably only in the handful of select and optimized games, and with super good ram on only the amd system, because reasons.

50% taxes for what?

checked

Attached: sheeeeit.png (2513x689, 602K)

>buying a 2080Ti

You're encouraging the behavior, idiot. The VII launched at the price it did because Nvidia showed everyone that you can get away with charging that much.

gotta pay for the replacement "europeans".

Does anyone know how noisy the evga version of this is?
I'm thinking of getting one, but I don't want to listen to a vacuum cleaning in the background everytime I play a game.

>50% taxes for what?
Gibs for the Achmed and Tyrone

>moving the goalposts
If I'm throwing cash at a 2080Ti, do you really think $350-ish on a 32GB kit of B-die CL14 RAM is going to break the bank? RAM that I'll be carrying over to my Ryzen 7nm build too, so consider it an investment.

But hey, enjoy those extra ~10FPS on your i7/i9 that's clocked as high as is possible at all times to make up for its garbage architecture. Like AMD FX all over again lol
>You're encouraging the behavior
Whatever loser. I don't give a flying fuck about what companies do or morals. I buy a product that serves my wants and needs. You want to blame anyone, blame AMD for not releasing a competent GPU. Intel was guilty of high prices for their stagnating tech until Ryzen hit and look at the upheaval it resulted in with Intel. 6c12t consumer i7's, 8c16t chips for sub $600, and they're shoveling R&D money into their 10nm in a fucking hurry to stay relevant.

No seriously, I live in a poor part of europe, so poor that even ahmeds that come here beg to be deported to some other part of europe.
Why, why the fuck, are the prices here higher than in say sweeden where the pay is much higher?!

>I don't give a fuck what companies do
>continue to buy their shit
>get fucked in the ass
>WTF WHY DOESN'T ANOTHER COMPANY COME SAVE ME FROM GETTING FUCKED

LMAO goddamn you're stupid.

uh huh. Says the guy saying to buy inferior tech for the sake of what he thinks matters. You're irrelevant, but I'm sure AMD thanks you for buying their garbage. I gave AMD more than enough chances to prove themselves with their GPU division and they've let me down time and time again. I was a day 1 early adopter for
>Radeon 6970
>R9-290X
>R9 Fury X
>Vega 64

They all SUCKED. AMD's GPU division can get fucked.

black company hip

Yurops BTFO

your country might have tariffs that raise the price, higher taxes than sweden, or it may be generally more difficult to sell in your country so they jack up prices to cover costs.
It could also just be that your country's consumer got use to those prices and accept them as normal. Like in Japan new video games go for 80-90 USD

>Buy inferior products
>company just continues to sell inferior products
Reee why aren't amd GPUs ever good!!!!

Don't buy that crap. You can easily pick up a comparable AMD card for cheaper and wont be supporting Nvidia's bad behavior. Hell, for around that amount or less you can probably pick up a RX Vega 56 or 64 on a deal (not to mention used/refurbed cards) to which will blow anything shy of a a 1080 / 2070 out of the water.

1660Ti is fine and would have been a $199 card if there some strong competition. It is basically 1070 with proper DX12-tier support (it spanks the 1080 at DX12 pathway).

>Moving the goalposts
How?
>only 10fps*
In best case scenario games, settings, setups for amd vs worse case scenarios for i9.

>buying AMD producs?
Lol what? Just wait for Navi, Navi+ and Navi 2

>Buying amd when they don't have a viable cuda alternative that actually makes sense to use, or software compatibility, because muh conspiracies

Highly depends on what games you're going to play, whether you're okay with only 6GB of vRAM, and whether you're willing to wait for AMD to make their Rx/vega cards faster with driver updates.

techspot.com/review/1799-geforce-gtx-1660-mega-benchmark/

If you play games where the 1660ti is 30-40% faster than the Rx 590 then it's definitely a great sell right now but if the 1660ti is only 10-20% faster then it's a pretty bad investment. Also remember the Rx 590 is just a pre-OC'd Rx 580 which you can manually do for free.

> >Radeon 6970
> >R9-290X
> >R9 Fury X
> They all SUCKED
Bullshit. AMD is still competitive if it can pull Navi. 64 is hot - OK, but still above 1080/2060. Moreover, 290X made Nvidia to introduce 780Ti and 6970 is undisputed king for mining of its time (yes, I didn't care about anything else back then). I went sideways with Polaris and HBM after that, but AMD can make it if they deliver to rumors.
And I'm drunk, so don't reply.

>housefire i9-9900k
Runs [email protected] 75-78°C under avx2 linpack with a mere U14S as a cooler.
What would POZZEN 2700x need to run the same?
>inb4:Industrial chiller
AMDrone BTFO.

but we are fucking poor?! assuming you don't pay any bills, don't buy any food or anything, it would take 1-3months to get a new GPU here

Do you have a picture?

>Runs [email protected] 75-78°C under avx2 linpack with a mere U14S as a cooler.
lol. Post proof. Also short bursts of AVX loads don't mean shit. Post prime95. Or hell, post rendering temps for a 4K file.
by going from AMD bad hurr to
>w..well it's probably only with really GOOD RAM that these benches are based on with optimized games!
10FPS was just thrown out there as a number pulled out of my ass. Even a 25FPS increase isn't enough to make my buy into the shitstorm that is Intel's platform.

>these 3 models in this 1 store cost 20$ less
SHOCK! HORROR! Truly we are being raided by Lisa Su herself!

>AMD is still competitive if it can pull Navi. 64 is hot - OK, but still above 1080/2060
>AMD is still competitive so long as they rely on a card that isn't even out yet
OK. Drunk or not user, that's just stupid. AMD RAW performance is always great on paper, but they're always a let down on launch day. As a consumer buying top tier hardware on day one, having severe driver issues and not getting to actually experience the product I paid for until 2 weeks after launch is unacceptable.

I'll second this one.
Used EVGA cards are the best to go with if you're a burger.
Having bought a few from them already I safely say they're alright.

Great for 1080p 144Hz
Entry-level 1440p 60Hz
We'll priced.

>€1 = $1
American education, everyone

why are euros so cucked?

So moving the goalposts
>By pointing out the obvious
Nobody cares what you choose to buy user, but don't bullshit everyone, because you want to feel justified in making your purchase.

kys dumb phoneposter

Is there truth to Turing being better than Pascal at DX12/Vulkan?

Yes, it has Nvidia's own implementation of async shader (It is more accurate to call it multi-shading pipeline). Turing has dedicated FP16 units instead of FP32 unit going into FP16 mode (Maxwell-Pascal did this).

That's why Turing spanks both GCN and Maxwell/Pascal at software that work well for GCN.

>Nvidia is badguys don't buy good stuff from them
>Buy this massive shitty turd instead from your best pals at amd

Lol whatever nerd

Attached: 1545608892826.jpg (490x447, 23K)

AMD 19.2.2 driver benchmark in 1080p and 1440p:

youtube.com/watch?v=obfw8FzYISg

Like user said above it depends what vidya you play. Performance is contradictory at 1080p vs 1440p for some reason. YMMV

Why not a Vega 56?

Enjoy your
>only 1% less performance*
You bullshitting piece of shit.

I will! Enjoy whatever trash Intel managed to sell you. Pic related. you.

Attached: 1551049197135.png (801x809, 181K)

Could be good later when the Vega and Pascal stock runs out.

Except no one's using fp16 in gaming and raw fp32 is all that matters.

why would American Schools teach us about an inferior nation's fiat currency? We have wars Israel started for us to win thank you very much

Stock vega 56 is only ~10% faster and is significantly more expensive than the 1660ti.

>~10% faster
After undervolting and overclocking* The sheer amount of bullshit you have to go through with Vega to get full performance is staggering.

Are you sure? (pic related)

Attached: SDFADSF.png (186x295, 33K)

That's a good thing Vega 56 is suitable for power users who won't shy away from a bit of tinkering, then.

I for one hate cards that don't allow you to do that in the first place. Even Vega, as fun as it is, doesn't allow custom BIOS and it looks like all future cards even from AMD will be this way too.
At least we still have voltage options.

>power users
cringe

that shit costs 500 euros here.

That's a cringe word? Sorry, I didn't know and will stop using it. I don't want to say "smart people" because Jow Forums isn't smart for everything.

I'll enjoy my cheap Xeon that performs better than your ryzen, but cost way less.

490€ in my country

>so poor he has to buy garbage
>Still attempts to act smug and superior
heh

Attached: 1545625358766.jpg (413x395, 21K)

It's on sale here.

I'll say this: if you can find a vega 56 close to $330 (for justified 10% better stock performance), are willing to spend some tome UV'ing + OC'ing then it's a far better deal than the 1660ti.

True. What I'd do is get one of these very cheap blower cards, put a Morpheus on it and end up with a card that's superior to any AIB model for those $330 or less.

>Overclockable Xeons that outperform more expensive 1800x, and it's upgrade 2700x without having to buy a CPU twice
>More performance
>More pcie lanes
>More niggahurts
>Less money
Is the opposite of
>Garbage (amd)
Now do yourself a favor, and stop backing, and buying trash that /pcbg/ shills you dumb faggot.

>make a mini pcb card
>MAKE IT 3 SLOTS

Attached: 1489163444409.jpg (900x900, 49K)

EVGA PR here. Do you have a better idea?

Yeah man most Micro Atx cases have 4 slots, make a 4 slot card that has 4 built in USB Type A ports on it along with 4 DPs 2 HDMIs, 1 DVI, and that VR Usb Type C thing. And slap a 10 gigabit port on their too. this would change everything as OEMs could make cheaper mobos this way

>take old 130w server chip and overclock the housefire even further
>Motherboard availability at an all time low other than server boards or overpriced as fuck consumer versions
>More older gen PCIe 2.0 lanes for the single graphics card we both know is all you're running
>Gigahertz means nothing when comparing entirely different architectures

Congrats! You're retarded. But I'm sure you Xeon X5670 was TOTALLY worth it.

Dollar equals
9,27 Swedish Krona

Attached: OjVey.jpg (603x913, 114K)

>wanting all of your I/O built into the GPU
"No"

Attached: 1545632707624.png (1194x810, 152K)

People who buy mini cards stick them into ITX cases which usually only accept 2 slot cards.
I don't see what's the point of this card, cases that can fit 3 slot cards can also fit long cards and at that point you're better off going with a longer card that has 2-3 larger fans.

meant for

Attached: OjVey.jpg (469x917, 103K)

God fucking dam I hate being a burger.

The real question is why they don't make more compact ATX and mATX cases. It's not like the average person has multiple optical drives or hard drives or even needs the space for liquid cooling, so why is every ATX case so deep?