Woah

woah

Attached: yz55qiwxvqj21.jpg (1125x1341, 112K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stackoverflow.com/a/4609795
stackoverflow.com/questions/40354978/c-code-for-testing-the-collatz-conjecture-faster-than-hand-written-assembly
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't get the stereotype of copying code from SO. It's a good resource for framework authors to provide support for their framework through question tags. And they generally give good information. But in my experience when people actually write out code in SO answers it's like the most basic shit like rewriting memcpy() for no reason but just to flex.

you got this from reddit. I can confirm this as a non-tribalistic USER of both sites. please don't downvote

post your best copy pastable code snippets from stack overflow

stackoverflow.com/a/4609795

Because when you need to debug your program for anomalous behhavior you're not going to have a fucking clue what is going on in the code.

Not a single StreetOverflow user has ever used Lisp.

chances are that if you're encountering issues and the solution is available on Stack Overflow, you're an idiot who needs solutions delivered to you a silver platter.
Try spending hours searching for obscure errors and deriving a solution yourself from your findings.

[laughs in hardcoded admin]

Attached: Ru5h8sR.png (500x385, 22K)

I still find some useful common lisp SE questions, not to mention Emacs.

Yeah the times I'v read an answer to get the idea vs literally coping code is like 1:10. When I copy code it's usually for some workaround that should exist but doesn't, and the code does it perfectly. Even then I don't just copy it but update it to fit the style of my project (and also to avoid getting in trouble).

10:1 I mean

I probably bookmarked more of the links posted in the answers on stackoverflow than the actual threads, but yeah I've bookmarked some threads for reference, too. Right now I don't have any.

I actually posted an solution one time because I had needed to solve the same problem a few days earlier. By the time I got the "Thanks for your post" email a couple days later, I had already forgotten what the question had been. I got a strange combination of pride and bewilderment.

I used to look at SO for solutions when I was learning, but I never flat out copy and pasted. I would always try to rewrite and change variable names, break things, etc. in order to understand why the solution works. Eventually you learn enough to not need SO. I hope they did at least.

Who is going to QA your code when the service pack drops? Stupid post, doesn't understand how software lifecycle works.

If you could just copy code from wherever github maybe with only maybe little modifications and it works then do that. Or you can use software that's already made, no reason to hire anyone.

Good luck making that work

new grads are getting $200k a year now though, 100k was 10 years ago

I've literally never copied code from stack overflow.

I'm surprised comparison operators are branchless. I looked it up and found there are conditional move ops on most modern computers. Computer architecture is so fucked.

Can't you just do this shit bitwise?

I'm the OP in this question, asked it when I was learning assembly for fun
stackoverflow.com/questions/40354978/c-code-for-testing-the-collatz-conjecture-faster-than-hand-written-assembly
The answer is so detailed and comprehensive it made top post on HN

meanwhile i post a solution and the dickhead comments saying "thanks i will try this out later" and the never updates and never marks my solution correct. fuck SO.

that is because no one actually uses Lisp.

It's a meme you dip

>he reinvents everything
found the Google employee