Why is krita so much better than gimp? Is it the maskot?

Why is krita so much better than gimp? Is it the maskot?

Attached: kiki.png (1000x750, 478K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.krita.org/en/user_manual/python_scripting/introduction_to_python_scripting.html
adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/devnet/photoshop/pdfs/photoshop-cc-javascript-ref-2019.pdf
github.com/lohriialo/photoshop-scripting-python
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Krita was actually designed. GIMP just sort of came together at random.

It's the devs.

This Krita devs actually listens to their users needs, unlike the gimp devs which only cares about their own idea of what graphics editor should be like.

I think some of the devs are artists themselves. David Revoy is an illustrator and he contributes to the project.

I don't think it even comes down to listening to the users. Sometimes (not in Krita's case, but in general), but in general) vocal groups of users suggest stupid things that would ruin the application. The difference between Krita and GIMP seems to be that Krita's developers actually give a fuck about creating digital art in a way that GIMP's developers don't care about photo manipulation.

Let's not forget that a lot of early open source desktop software projects were essentially programming exercises for their developers. "Am I good enough to recreate this corporation's product?" was the mindset. I think GIMP came out of that mindset and still maintains it. GIMP is a great set of features. Maybe some day someone will make a photo editor out of them.

Krita would be perfect if not for that retarded piece of shit text tool.
Change my mind.

File an issue.

Krita is a paint program.
GIMP is image manipulation.
If you don't understand the difference, or how to use them for their designated tasks, your opinions on either can be safely disregarded.

Yeah. Kritatards say it's so much more intuitive.
I bitched about applying a gradient to text using
options provided on the text tool not working since version 4, and none of the krita shills ever responded with the solution. At least in half a dozen different threads. Somebody finally responded with a workaround using layer tools, which I had already known about. I finally figured it out on my own but it took fucking forever. Intuitive my ass. None of the krita shills knew how to do it. It's not surprising they can't use gimp either.

GIMP has better UI, even tho it is GTK and I don't like GTK

> GIMP has better UI.

Sure annon.

No, really, GIMP UI works great on laptops, on desktops, even on Apple machines, while Krita is pain in the ass to use on anything, but desktop with full keyboard, mouse and graphical tablet.
And some menus aren't intuitive for me... Just like in Photoshop, I don't get some things in UI, while in GIMP everything is easy.

Kirita is for painting
Gimp is for manpulating raster graphics
Inkscape is for manipulating vector graphics

STOP COMPARING THEM AS IF THEY WERE COMPETING WITH EACH YOU FUCKING IDIOT AUTISTS, THEY COMPLEMENT EACH OTHER

Attached: 97985234.jpg (730x411, 37K)

see
Krita is better at its task than GIMP is at its.

Krita text tools are not the main focus. And even so, they are constantly getting better. I do digital painting and love Krita.

And Photoshop can do all three, so why bother using separate programs?

All are image editors. You paint in image editors.
Absolute best image editor is MS Paint btw, and lincucks still can't copy it.

> Just like in PS

I don't get how you find these UI hard.

Yeah it give you a lot of options but once you get used to it, it's way better.

Its like saying that you don't want a swiss knife because learning where each of the tools are is annoying.

I'm just used to GIMP, I guess.
Also, GIMP is the only true swiss-knife. What other image editor (or painting program, same shit) allows you to code in python?

Gimp feels closer to paint shop pro than photoshop. i like it.

PS is not free, even if you crack it, it lacks some stuff like stroke stabilizer which you can get buying an add on like lazy nezumi and even you also crack that it's too much of a hassle.

Just learn to use all and use the one that has the functions you need at the moment.
What I do is krita for drawing (line art and shit) and PS for editing (filters, masking, color correction etc).

Attached: 1447907012853.jpg (480x516, 24K)

Krita has python scripting too son.
docs.krita.org/en/user_manual/python_scripting/introduction_to_python_scripting.html

adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/devnet/photoshop/pdfs/photoshop-cc-javascript-ref-2019.pdf

Or if you must:
github.com/lohriialo/photoshop-scripting-python

I think you hit a wrong link, leather man.
Your post is one block up

All those programs are shit.
What is the BEST alternative to MSPAINT (wxp version) for GNU/Linux?

I did my bad

>

Attached: Untitled-3.jpg (1345x773, 143K)

>mspaint
GNU/Linux doesn't have any programs that shitty.
Have you considered Apple products?

Is it worth switching over from Painttool Sai 1.0 to Krita if I'm running a dual boot? I'm just so used to SAI, but it's fallen behind most art programs and if I'm already going to move to 2.0 I may as well see what other programs might be worth it

Try them both (and CSP + PS) and see which one you like best

Well shit I'm using a crack of CC 2015

Well there you go, cracked 2019 doesn't have this problem

>And Photoshop can do all three
It can do two of those things well. The vector graphics support is only there for when working with things like Illustrator in conjunction with PS.

>And Photoshop can do all three
no it can't and neither should you try to, you blithering retard
illustrator exists for a fucking reason you degenerate

not a fan of photoshop, it has way more features than I need and a lot of the tools and controls are different to what I'm used to, which means quite a bit in art. I'll check out CSP, but I have a feeling it's only worth it over others if you have an iPad or a Cintiq, all i work with is an Intuos

Krita is probably one of the best open source programs right now.

>tfw paint.net will always be Windows only
FUCK
Post more Kiki by the way.

Attached: 1543054542611.png (1920x1200, 2.18M)

Photoshop does vector graphics better than Inkscape, though.

Photoshop is nonfree proprietary software and therefore it is unethical to promote its use. Please refrain from suggesting the use of this incorrectly-licensed software.

What's a crack?

GIMP might benefit from a change in leadership and redesign/rebrand like Blender underwent. I remember back when blender was an arbitrarily hard 3d modelling program, now it's an incredibly comprehensive 3d graphics and animation tool.

Enjoy your computer runing at 100ºC on light use because of all the bitcoin miners those cracks install in your pc.

Enjoy being technologically illiterate.

What does that have to do with the fact that it is propoetary?

>Absolute best image editor is MS Paint btw, and lincucks still can't copy it.
No one except baby duck wintoddlers wants to copy it.

I'm not supporting them.

>change in leadership
I mean, isn't it time someone came out and forked the shit to hard-wrestle control of it from the current fags running the show?
Its not like blender which wasn't open source at 1st.

PS isn't super intuitive for painting and isn't advertised to do vector at all.
I know some artists paint with PS but only because they don't have to switch programs to play with photoshop's godly effects and masks.

blender is a saint

...kolourpaint?

PS isn't advertised to do it because they offer Illustrator.

However, PS also understands the fact that loads of image work involves shapes and the lot, so having some degree of vector support is just useful. It's never going to be a first-rate vector editor, but most people aren't doing strictly vector work anyway.
kind of like what Macromedia noticed when they made Fireworks

This. If all you need is a box with rounded corners and a pen tool, Photoshop is more than sufficient. Otherwise get Affinity Designer, because Illustrator is a pile of shit.

use paint.net faggot.

What about Clip Studio? Where does it rank?

There have been various forks but all have been abandoned. Feel free to make your own but it actually has to be better. The codebase is quite large at this point.

>Where does it rank?
It ranks along with Affinity as good but not free, and therefore not an option.

>being poor and/or a communist

>assuming anyone in a FOSS pays for software
I'm probably an outlier as I use Clip Studio, Affinity Photo/Designer (still haven't checked out the Publisher beta), and have to use various Adobe programs at the office for the sake of established workflows/plugins.

Much better idea is to fork Krita and make a photo editing version out of it. Add the few missing photo manipulation features and tweak the UI/workflow design more towards editing. It already is better at it than gimp.

It isn't our fault that GIMP is so dreadfully terrible at imagine manipulation that using a FUCKING drawing program is easier.

>2019
>7 years after CS6
>decades in total
>Photoshop finally added the fucking color wheel only after fuckloads of competition started popping up
WOW
A bit too late though.

Photoshop's brush engine is still fucking terrible, you cant make a crisp line with a 3 px brush, of 5, you need at least 10.

And the workflow and the inderface just isn't art friendly, swithching brushes and adjusting size just takes too many actions and requires you to literally fucking scroll through a menu,

PS was always bad for art, now some actually good software is popping up.

Gimp decided that it was a bitmap editor. Inkscape decided it was a vector editor.

Krita wanted to support both vectors and bitmaps, and that's just easier once it works.

>Clip Studio? Where does it rank?

I tried using it, but it's just bad on a technical level.
The tools the interface, and shit are OK, bit it just doesn't fucking perform.

>screen tearing
>non-real time moving and transforming
>large brushes are terribly slow
>disable a layer - it disappears in square chunks
>pick a small brush and move it around - cant see it due to tearing and some shit,

I would say Clip Studio has no advantage over Krita, Krita does all that CSP does and more but often better.

Krita does image manipulation better than GIMP in my experience, I’ve been able to use Krita to do photo manipulations successful many times.
With GIMP it has always been a failure, always.

Even psdfiddle, a website is better and much more productive than gimp

What do you mean? Also you can use thumbnails if you don't want to scroll or hold alt and drag your mouse left/right to change the brush size, I don't think it's any worse than SAI or CSP or whatever.

Attached: Untitled.png (1345x773, 174K)

Is this cc 2019 or color wheel add on?

This.
Also Krita's Stablizer tool is OP.
it really helps keep those hair smooth.

>3D

Attached: 1436756679224.jpg (550x512, 41K)

This. And it's the exact same reason KDE blows gnome out of the water.

KDE/Krita devs actually try to listen to feedback and work with what users want instead of telling them to shut the fuck up and use the program as it is.

this desu

just pirate CSP/PS jesus christ
stop using these god-awful programs jesus christ

Actually true.
I use mspaint literally every day. It is dead simple, but does all the basic image editing I need and want.

I still don't understand how the fuck it hasn't been replicated by someone in linux. It's like fucking calculator tier, what the hell???

It's unironically pretty useful for references and quick concept shit

Attached: Untitled.png (1345x773, 294K)

>light grey UI
>not black or anything close to it
you fucking monster you disgust me

What's site is used to download cracked 2019 nowadays? I haven't downloaded anything since 14 and the sites are dead.

piratebay?

>Let's not forget that a lot of early open source desktop software projects were essentially programming exercises for their developers. "Am I good enough to recreate this corporation's product?" was the mindset. I think GIMP came out of that mindset and still maintains it.
/thread
Something like that, and at the same point I hope someone does the same for vector art, because the same applies to Inkscape. Don't cry for the loss of GTK based software, 99% of it is written by retards that like the turing tarpit.

Adobe.com, then you replace a single DLL file which cuts out the whole online licensing bullshit at the stem. Painter's amtlib.dll patcher only works until 2018 though, and there are like 7 different cracks out for the new version that may or may not work. You'll have to fire up a VM and do some experimenting, or just stick to CC 2018.

One is for digital painting and the other is for photo editing. It sounds like you don't even understand the purpose of the tools.

It sounds like you didn't even read the thread.

>just stick to CC 2018
I've done this and I have an actual paid subscription. Adobe keeps reversing default behaviors for no good fucking reason. The change from focus follows mouse a few years ago still fucks with me.

And Photoshop does aspects of all three, you incorrigible faggot.

Maybe you're an intense autistic retard who likes having multiple programs open to get a single task done, but some of us actually like being productive.

>kolourpaint
pinta is also based

Kolourpaint

kolourpaint, followed by lazpaint
pinta is broken

Attached: sexsquirrel.png (5722x3508, 2.69M)

I want to love Krita but the stabilizer is garbage compared to SAI's or CSP's.
but try making them understand that. they refuse religiously to even try the competition to see how the same features behave and instead insist that you describe the difference.

Attached: 1522734777624.jpg (400x388, 40K)

PS cannot do vector graphics you retard, that's what illustrator is for.

god i wish that were me

This guy knows

Attached: go-compare.jpg (815x544, 37K)

CUTE!
How can GIMP even compete?

There used to be a rumour that it started as a graphics project to digitally remove a thin swim suit from a supermodel back in the day. The task turned out to be hard so the program increased so they could try different algorithms in different order.

Install Photoshop. (a krita is fine too)

Kys, freecultist.

Inkscape is still miles ahead of the GIMP.

Hell no, it's slow and bloated. The filter dialog is retarded. Some of its tools are simply broken or useless, like the 3d box one. And the whole idea of building an editor on top of SVG instead of using it as an export option is, too.

How to patch out the fur faggotry?

You learn to embrace it.

You look at that squirrel and say "it's a cute animal", and that's it.
If you let the internet fandom guide what you think about things, you're FUCKED.
You will not be able to look at optimus prime without remembering that people draw him pregnant.

all these threads are always the exact same thing.
you never see people actually working and posting their works, helping each other and shilling the threads. Why keep making this useless trash thread every day.

Attached: 1528281012595.jpg (613x531, 36K)

nigga is just a drawing.