Is this the most quintessential example of zoomerware?

Is this the most quintessential example of zoomerware?

Attached: zoomerware.png (816x419, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

linux.die.net/man/1/dd
node-os.com/
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/persistent_block_device_naming
github.com/pbatard/rufus
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What's wrong with it? It just works.

zoomer software?
Discord

It's a fucking easy way to install TailOS on a usb key. Any tool easing normiest to escape the W10 botnet is a good tool.

Right, except that every single time I try to use this piece of shit it experiences several NULL POINTER exceptions and collapses. Why not just use dd?

use rufus

It isn't quite like discord and instagram, no. This ultimately only runs on a pc, locally, and isn't used to attention whore.

What distro are you using?

Yes, absolutely.
An entire browser just to do what can already be done with dd(1)
linux.die.net/man/1/dd

Can't use rufus on Leenox.

I tried to use Etcher to install Winblows in a pendrive in Manjaro and it warned me that it couldn't do it.

That's why you have dd for linux.

>It just works.
Exactly, it's not leet enough for Jow Forums

But it uses electron, which is enough for zoomerware.

dd always fails for me

>zoomers
>burning isos
they just download the app

I was just about to post that every distro I've used has had a gui usb write/format utility, but I just double checked and I don't have one.

Attached: 1532469220771.jpg (516x767, 53K)

It's bloated electron mess for a simple terminal command. But nu-Jow Forums is terrified of anything that doesn't have a shiny GUI for even the simplest of tasks

node-os.com/

Attached: 1544413902572.jpg (1000x1000, 247K)

This program pisses me off on a fundamental level.
Its absolute shit zoomerware.

This is a competitor

kek, just used it yesterday, it worked well

Maybe because you're fucking retarded? I used Etcher hundreds of times, and it just works.

That's not fortnite, discord or league
It's a joke of a project. The developers admit on the etcher website that certain things aren't supported and suggest alternatives.
Also, it's based on a whole web browser even though it's just displaying that one window.

It's better than fucking Rufus that's for sure

>Electron-Based
>Can't just use dd

Attached: 1532775354888.png (640x600, 614K)

you don't need a browser to burn an image on an sd card.

Attached: this menu requires an ssd.png (1540x892, 66K)

Because you can literally do the same thing faster and better with dd. And that piece of shit is not only a useless GUI but for some reason it's also built in electron.

I accidentally nuked my running system with dd because the device identifiers for the system partition and the flash drive would occasionally swap. Never assume your flash drive is always on /dev/sdb, kids!

>REEE, it's so easy with cli

I'd rather quicky install etcher, do what I need to and then uninstall it again. Why is Jow Forums obsessed with making everything as complicated as possible

Attached: the absolute state of g - Copy.png (424x958, 79K)

>Running system
Wha?

That's basically the opposite of what we're going for
It's quicker to just run a command and type in a few file names and drive locations then to have to navigate to a webpage, download and install an entirely new program, possibly have to mess with dependencies, use it, then uninstall it again. Or, use git and have to compile it yourself as well.

That's what happens if you don't use any of the better naming:
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/persistent_block_device_naming

Eehh. Depends.
If I was on Windows then I'd use Ether since I'm not familiar with any command on the system that'll let me take an iso and write it onto a SDCard.
But for linux I prefer using the already installed tools to do stuff like that. Sure, you'd need to read the man page for a bit but at least you'd learn something in the process since a good handful of them will be useful on something else.

Honestly, being without a proper internet connection and having to use man to educate yourself is surprisingly delightful.

If dd is scary just do cp file.img /dev/blockdevice

Right, only dd doesn't work on CDR's.

It must really piss off freetards that the world's fastest and best disk image utility , Rufus, runs only on Windows using the Chad Windows API.

dd and this etcher virgin tier shit is slower and less reliable.

Attached: rufus_en.png (418x538, 12K)

Installing the program by downloading it from a webpage is of course inefficient. I think I usually installed it with pacman or pamac.

Yes. I used it until it broke all of my installs. If you don't use Rufus you shouldn't be installing Linux.

Etcher was more reliable than rufus, actually.

>It must really piss off freetards
Why would piss anyone, it's GLP'd after all github.com/pbatard/rufus

That really is one of the programs I miss a lot when using Ganoo+Loonix.

Neat.

It's dd for Windows babies.

Is this a GUI for dd?

Install GNU dd.

/thread

>freetards care more about jerking themselves off than productivity
wow never seen this before

>CDRs
1998 called and they want their tech back.
/thread
100% wrong.

>there are slaves who think being free is retarded

Attached: 1551307544899.jpg (662x712, 38K)

Docker

WebStorm is fine though

Attached: IntelliJ_IDEA_Logo.svg.png (1024x1024, 78K)

Why are you faggots so desperate to appear old? you are not wise, just some bitter old fart.

But also easier and more intuitive to use than dd

This is what a lot of midwits just can't fucking grasp. The best designed systems are dead simple to the point that even children can use them with no prior instruction.

You take a default install of ubuntu on a regular pc and ask the average person to burn a disk, they will look for some kind of disk burning application using the OS's search system.

What they will NOT do, is open up a terminal and start typing in commands like dd. Even if they knew they could use the terminal - how the fuck are they supposed to know dd is the command to do this? Read the documentation?? That is, itself, locked behind its own obtuse command line entry and in the best case scenario the user has to fucking guess at it.

A command line is fucking great in its simplicity and ease of use, but you actually need to be taught/learn how to use it, and the syntax required for it, first. Command lines are simple, but they are not intuitive. Why this is so fucking HARD for people like you to understand and figure out always fucking escapes me.

> dd and this etcher virgin tier shit is slower
Looks like somebody can't use dd.

sounds like someone had a bad time with iptables

>"NodeOS is a lightweight operating system using Node.js as userspace."
dear god...

Attached: 1547932876683.jpg (240x320, 54K)

exactly
Jow Forums hates stuff that actually works lol

nah... ur a fuckin bitch tho lol

I still use Negro StartSmart.

This.
>launch Etcher
>it gives me some really gibberish error message and closes
>decide to update it
>have to double-check if the site is official, it looks shittier for some reason
>turns out Etcher was bought by yet another cryptic corp
>anyway, download and install the new version
>it doesn't replace the old app
>have to uninstall the old one manually
Last time i checked, newer technology is supposed to better, not shittier.
By the way, right now I use Fedora Media Writer on Windows. It even allows to revert the drive to clean state (real deal breaker, Windows just wouldn't do anything with ext4). But on Linux i just use dd.

While I agree with you, shut the fuck up luke

>why not use dd?
Use bmaptool instead, it's great especially with sparse images

Because its an electron app, and that is both bloat and botnet when you could just use the dd command.

Just use dd and fdisk it's fucking simple and works on everything

>

Attached: Tik-Tok-770x433.jpg (770x433, 15K)

It always fucks up my USB drives and I have to spend forever in Gparted trying to get them back to fat 32.

why are you installing a portable program. youre supposed to just grab it when you need it

making a workings windows usb on linux is impossible

>he doesn't have an NVME drive

>NodeJS
>userspace
dios mio... is this a prank

Attached: 1551296463827-g.jpg (760x839, 648K)

Y'all are fucking retards. Just cp .iso /dev/sdX. Faster and easier than dd

> An Image Burner
> Entirely written in Javascript

Yes it is FFS.
Wish we could go back *zip*

Attached: 4c753ae2b18f5cbbcbaaa273c70299e1.png (421x421, 138K)

t. zoomer who doesn’t get it

> Systemd botnet is better than windows botnet

Just use heads

Attached: ba74954dde74ff40a32ff58069e78c36.png (1200x630, 83K)

I actually use etcher a lot, is really convenient and always just works. dd makes me too nervous because I nuked a 1tb drive with all my data once with it.

How is that more complicated than just a single typed command? God windows babies are pathetic

Idk, I used etcher and rufus, both work. These guys always have issues with things working, its weird.