Does anyone actually, unironically use this piece of crap?

Does anyone actually, unironically use this piece of crap?

Attached: gnome-3-32-desktop-environment-development-kicks-off-first-milestone-is-out-now-523209-2.jpg (957x519, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ubuntu-mate.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yes. to be fair you have to be highly intelligent to understand gnome and why it's good many people are using it.

Me. No regrets

I do.Problem?

I do. Stay mad kdenigger

When I used Linux, I really liked how it looked and the extensions. I just hated its lack of functionality and simultaneous bloat (it doesn't allow desktop icons)

it seemed like it would work pretty well on my X200 tablet, but it would stutter quite a bit and would act like a key was stuck everyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy once in a while. went back to Ubuntu 16.04 with unity.

it was also much better with dash to dock, by default kind of shitty.

Yes. I use Fedora with Gnome. Problem?

Yes, actually. Best wayland implementation out there, at least on Fedora.

I had to, KDE runs like dog shit with Nvidia.

I used this on uni PC. Fucking garbage.
After 20 days of whining, I got them install XFCE.

Ye, just installed Gnome yesterday after being on Mate for a while. In the past I've also extensively used KDE, Xfce and solo i3.

Gnome seems to be a bit more resource hungry but I like the control center and the status bar. Everything just werks

Every single enterprise distro

Attached: 1527640127835.png (754x698, 370K)

i love feeeettttt.....
Dirty feeett......

Attached: GNOME user.gif (320x240, 1.84M)

>SUSE
Hm.

seething konqifags

Konqifags got Toe-Jammed.

>On October 28, 2014, SUSE (now an independent business unit) released SLED 12 built on openSUSE 13.1. SLED 12 introduced several new technological upgrades, including systemd, GNOME 3, GRUB 2, plymouth, and the in-house built wicked wireless network manager. SLED 12 also included further stability and integration with BtrFS. With the transition to GNOME 3, the GNOME Classic Shell, the vanilla GNOME Shell, and a SLE Classic Shell with a design that more closely mimics the slab layout were included. KDE, the default desktop environment in openSUSE, and support for 32-bit x86 processors were dropped from the enterprise distribution.

Why do all enterprise distros use gnome?

The first thing I do when I install a distro with GNOME is install MATE.

>The first thing I do when I install a distro with GNOME is install MATE, because I want even fewer features than GNOME.

mate has been a bugfest since they rewrote it for GTK3
Because nobody uses the desktop on those anyway

SLE uses GNOME, OpenSUSE KDE.

ubuntu-mate.org/

Then just install a MATE image directly, or a minimal image and install MATE manually. No point in having >1 DEs unless you like to switch from time to time.

Yes, why not? It's shit, but other DEs are even more shit, not that you have much choice.

best modern DE out there that not tries to look and feel like windows.

Why do people always act like the Windows layout is somehow inherently bad just because it's Windows.

konquifags btfo

That's KDE. Pic related.
Fedora lords do, unless they install unofficial "spins".

Attached: dd2b8a94b9559143c6c97d239f6daa0f_1024x683.0.jpg (1200x800, 121K)

it's not, but it's good that there are several approaches on how to navigate and organize a DE. windows, aqua and gnome are more or less the only original mainstream ones.

Still better than OSX or IOS. And people apparently aren't only using these because they got trolled by their friends, either.

Kek

>That's KDE. Pic related.
back in the day, suse was called "the nuremberg windows" because they tried to emulate windows so hard. i guess they now copy each other.

I agree with that sentiment, and I'd rather use Gnome than Aqua.
But the general Windows layout is pretty sensible, so I'm glad DEs like Cinnamon exist.

I do and I fucking hate it.
When I start the machine, after like 7 minutes the networking stops working. I have to restart the network-manager service manually for it to start working again.
Working with terminal is painfully slow, and the gnome ui sometimes just stops reacting to clicks.

on what kind of netbook toaster are you trying to work? i run a full blown fedora workstation on a X220 with no performance problems at all.

Yeah. But im on Ubuntu 1804. It's a bit more sane than the stock implementation. With the stock gnome 3 I have to turn on classic mode because it pisses me off so much.

its a desktop machine. but its gnome on debian

the best possible gnome experience is fedora. there's a reason it's more or less the industry standard.

I use cinnamon, I've tried to use gnome but it just sucks I'm sorry, it has less features, lags more, less customizable, eugh. I don't like it sorry

Multiple virtual desktops make me feel like I'm in matrix desu

it's just two extensions on top of vanilla gnome, a custom theme and enabled minimize/maximize buttons. such "implementation".

How's life in 3804 A.D.?

Like every DE in existence?

Nouveau or propertiary?

No, but I use KDE, c'mon hate me.

source please

runs fine on Debian, you're missing firmware

runs nice and smooth, ignore anti gnome propaganda

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-03-03 08-47-06.png (1600x900, 1.28M)

If it wasn't so incredibly heavy I'd have no problem with it.

I like Ubuntu's Gnome flavor.
The original is pig fucking disgusting, though. I'd rather use XFCE with a proper launcher.

>plagiarizing KDE for the second time
well done microshaft

GNOME creates them as needed, that's why it feels awesome. It's like having a dragon dildo grow inside you

>It's like having a dragon dildo grow inside you

Attached: 1550189575027.jpg (1280x754, 404K)

Gnome 3.32 should have a lot of performance fixes.

My mom is able to use Gnome perfectly and she's tech illiterate. I always start with a Gnome distro and add my autistic tiling WM for productivity stuff. For friends wanting to learn Linux, I start them with Gnome with my custom i3 setup as a Xephyr script for when they're curious. It's perfect for on-boarding.

I could never get kde to look or perform half decently. Gnome 3 works the way i want it to with just a few extensions

Upgraded from ubuntu 16 to 18. Default window manager changed from Canonical's Unity to Gnome.
Don't really notice the difference. I do most of my actions from a terminal or chromium.