Is this the correct way to use these things? Because if so- it is super impractical

Is this the correct way to use these things? Because if so- it is super impractical...
please someone help me out and tell me he's doing it wrong.

Attached: -098y6r7.jpg (3632x1080, 506K)

Why is it impractical? It's to keep the ends separate so you don't wind up with knots.
Though the tightness of the turns bothers me.

Yes that is wrong. You are supposed to put the jack on the other end, and you are only supposed to ravel two or three times, not threehundredthousand like this dumb whiteboi nigger did.

>Why is it impractical
it isn't quick, or easy. It's messy and reasonably stubborn to get off again.

but look t how long the chord is. 2 or 3 times would barely make a difference, or would hang all loose??

>You are supposed to put the jack on the other end

> 2 identical ends

yeah, what do you mean anyway
two or three times leaves you with 3 cm shorter a cord.

You seem to understand what it is but are too autistic to explain properly.

You're not supposed to wind wires that tightly, especially if you're going to do it often.
The inside wires aren't durable. They're extremely thin and the repeated flexing will damage them and then you'll start getting shitty connection and wonder why.

That's what i thought, too.
SO what then is it that sony intends to happen with this thing exactly?

you make a circle with the cable and fasten the cable on two ends with it

ow.. ok, and then what? That's not exactly practical either
andanon said something else as well

no i don't think you're right.
It doesn 't explain the respective upward and downward slopes at the end, and i don't buy that's merely for aestethics

>hey let's wrap the wires around this wee tiny thing
>*6 months later*
>oh shit, the headphones don't work, better buy new ones

Did you know that you can easily destroy your ear bud wires without purchasing extra gear of any kind? This is how you do it...

Attached: How to destroy your ear buds.webm (480x366, 929K)

yes i know, but i need to explain to someone else h to use this plastic thing exactly. for better or for worse, and i'd like to know how it is done correctly, and then i'll jjudge wether or not it's worth using or not

Well, in the bad part is the tight wraps at the end. The wraps around the fingers is just fine and should be all that is done. If you want something to hold it together, get one of these Velcro wraps. They are REALLY nice. As for how to use the one in the OP image. Well, that thing is just improperly designed by a person who doesn't know shit about how to wrap wires without damage.

op here

I think that the person (in left image) is using the thing incorrectly, yes. However Sony likely had some way in mind for it to be used in the right wAy.. duh, otherwise they'd not include it

Don't ever think that a company has your best interest in mind. If Sony also sells replacement headphones then there's no wonder they'd also sell you something that ensures your gear breaks in a time frame just after warranty wears out.

fine be that pessimistic,
but and have 2 other theories. Ones i admittedly can't make any sense of either, so fuck- i'll keep looking

>fine be that pessimistic,

There is plenty of historical evidence of a host of companies doing similar things. There's even a term for it, "planned obsolescence." All methods presented ITT, to use the device in the OP, will reduce the lifetime of the wires. There's no proper way to use that device that won't harm the wires. Use one of these and your earbuds will last far longer.

Attached: 01-hero-blue-with-buds-white-100635146-large.jpg (580x385, 57K)

>The article that triggers STAX incels
Good

>STAX
>google it: Stax Record label with lots of ethnic artists
>google images: headphones that all have "open backs"

WTF? Egh, both are terrible it seems. lol

>planned obsolescence
like apple did with their battery lifespan i believe

It is a huge problem, but is normally done via new models being released with new options that were withheld in previous versions.

so even if not for the best, how do you think sony intends for its users to use the plastic thing>? because i think the guy in the picture is having it all wrong..

high flex wires like headphone dont have a problem with tight turns and doing those repeated (Thin industrial cable can have up to 10 million close bend cycles)
You Damage them by pulling them hard or around sharp corners
As long as you dont wrap it around with the force of a thousand suns, they wont break in 5 years

i thought from the thumbnail that it was some whacky tiny drone

thanks, that helps me a lot

You misunderstand. It isn't a danger of the wire snapping somewhere along its length. It is the rotation and stretching that separates the wire from the outer plastic which ultimately begins a separation of the wire from the plug or ear phone (usually plug). Of course as you say, folding them around corners is always bad.

>how do you think sony intends for its users to use the plastic thing

It is a typical cable organizer. He is doing it correctly for how that style of cable organizer is used. The problem is that those types of cable organizers are shit. Which is why it looks wrong.

Oh and there's the fact he's using a wire that's way too long for that size cable organizer.