Unpopular Tech Opinions Thread

I don’t get mechanical keyboards. I use a Corsair k55 with no wrist pad and it’s perfect

Attached: 0491ED86-4C50-4421-AD68-52722EC4BB3A.png (400x400, 45K)

Mechanical keyboards are more consistent and due to the tactile feel about them it's easier to type faster.

If you made physics random each day how well would an Olympic tennis player be able to play? This is the same principle. I'm an Olympic keyboard basher.

Makes sense. I suck at typing fast to begin with so I never noticed. Thanks user

I'm too retarded to even try mechanical keyboards. Whenever one of mine breaks and I have to replace it I tell myself to finally buy a high quality one, but then I realize that these keyboards are all way too different and I don't know which I'll be able to comfortable type on.
Then I buy a $10 cherry rubber dome.

mechanical keyboards give people the impression that they can type really fast when the reality is their fingers are no more dexterous than when they were using rubber/membrane keys

it's kind of like fucking with a condom on and bragging about how much you can last

enjoy cts

i fucking detest curved ultrawide
and rgb i mean its just a fucking machine not a christmas tree just fucking build it and put it out of view jesus fuck. mechanical kb are comfy though

Scissor switch will actually allow you to type faster, and without the fucking clicky clack

that's not an opinion, it's a statement, you fucking retard. no wonder you "dont get" mechanical keyboards

Chinklet>membrane>thoses shitty all rubber keyboards>mechanical

why the fuck are you replying to my post with that

Because im autistic

> no more dexterous
The point is actually to remove errors on part of the cheap plastic not on your fingers you idiot.

It's like using a thermometer filled with mercury instead of one you filled with your own semen.

if you're good at typing you don't make errors. that's what I would assume being "good at typing" means. maybe you as a non-idiot have a different interpretation.

if you have the ability to type really well on a regular rubber dome keyboard, and really fast too, then moving to a mechanical keyboard shouldn't make too much of a difference, as in you're not going to be moving from 100 wpm to 300 wpm specifically because it's apparently made of less "cheap plastic". a person's ability to type fast and error-free has little/nothing to do with the type of keyboard they set their fingers on, but all to do with their physical ability to do so (i.e. dexterity).

it's actually more like riding a bike with training wheels. a person who believes they're an Olympic keyboard basher using a mechanical keyboard is like a child who rides a bike with training wheels boasting about how great they are at riding when the real work of supporting the bike is handled by the secondary wheels. I guess it's not a great analogy, let me try another one for someone who's really smart like you: think of a white guy sucking the dick of a black guy. the black guy will only come if he reaches climax, and he will only reach it if the white guy is good at sucking dick (based on technique, experience, and so on).

wait that's not appropriate. anyway, the "errors" you're referring to are human/man made. not at all due to the keyboard you use, or because of the "cheap plastic". if you accidentally hit a key, or fail to move your fingers fast enough, it's not the keyboard that is at fault it's because you're a fucking faggot whose senses and motor control need fucking tending.

If Linus Torvalds name had been Unus Torvalds Linux would have been called Unux.

That comment was pure autism.

> If you give a tennis player a broken racket they won't be impared
the argument

Fucking cockhead.

>the "errors" you're referring to are human/man made. not at all due to the keyboard you use, or because of the "cheap plastic". if you accidentally hit a key, or fail to move your fingers fast enough, it's not the keyboard that is at fault it's because you're a fucking faggot whose senses and motor control need fucking tending.

The keyboard's responsiveness is random and therefore it is indeed the keyboards fault. It's defective.

Maybe, just maybe. a 9 trillion DPI mouse is not worth the money. Even if it has a green snake on it.

The mechanical keyboard thing is the same as audiophile bullshit. I've never had a keyboard be unable to keep up and I type pretty fast. It's just another money hole for people to throw it all away in

>unpopular
mechanical keyboards are disliked by the majority of people, it's not an unpopular opinion to not "get them".

Basic is a good starting language because you need to learn how to do the whole "get your brain to create the functions you need" skill down first, and most modern languages put too much clutter in the way.
Of course, as soon you get this skill down, you should detox yourself from the basic programming habits with a good language.