ZeroNet

why are you not using zeronet? do you want to lose your rights because of dumb politicians and big corporations blocking whatever they don't like?

youtube.com/watch?v=U51MSK6nSQE

Attached: 1534099328175.png (755x527, 247K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/bakape/meguca
github.com/smugdev/smugboard
github.com/ipfs-shipyard/peer-pad
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Freenet is superior. Or so I've been told.

fuck you faggot, i use what i please

Attached: 88f65b1a.jpg (1920x1080, 211K)

because I dont like advertising shills.
see pic related

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-03-03 13-16-37.png (423x82, 5K)

>advertising
>something free

>he does it for free

Google is free, go shill for them.

>Google is free
no it isn't

What sense is there in using this old experiment with fundamental faults and no signs of major adoption when IPFS exists and has its protocol whitelisted in browsers.
It carries the same censorship resistance and distributed nature as BitTorrent while not being locked to a specific transport protocol.

>IPFS
yeah but what about dynamic content?

Ohhh boy here we go again.

What about it?
IPNS is basically the same publish model as ZeroNet uses except that it seperates your peerid from the static reference (*they're independent).
If you want real time data pubsub and p2p sockets exist in the same implementations.

Both are shit. Freenet is broken by FBI.

What if user post CP?
Will it automatically save the pictures to my computer even if i don't want to?

Yes

What is CP?

I'll show you later.

Attached: USBline.png (1015x680, 164K)

not worth going to jail

How will you show me? You don't have my contact information? Or do you mean later in this thread?

I'm thinking of implementing a spiritual successor to Jow Forums and image-boards in general on top of IPFS, where individual posts are just IPFS objects with a multihash and replies and (you)s can be gathered via pubsub of the post ID. Is there anything that I should consider when doing this project? What would you want from a decentralized image-board?

>not using zero-net exclusively with tor
>inb4: but viewing cp images is too slow on top

Stop watching cp then, silly.

I am a fan of the work meguca has done in terms of features on the user side and performance on the server side.
github.com/bakape/meguca
I don't think any of them are necessary but it's not like anyone else is trying to innovate in the imageboard area. At least not any that make it out of concept phase I mean.

For IPFS specifically you'll want to look at these.
github.com/smugdev/smugboard
github.com/ipfs-shipyard/peer-pad

Yes

Through a usb line.

Attached: botnet.png (1383x163, 33K)

>pic
Is this real?

Yes. The way Zeronet handles dynamic content is pretty bad. Someone else pointed out that since it's based on ID's and file names you have the issue where a use can publish something and then change it later and you'd never know. Like changing the image data after you posted it.

For things like IPFS and other content addressed systems this can't really happen. When someone publishes something you'd establish a connection with their peerid, but the origin is irrelevant, you don't need to store their peerid to reference the content, you just use the content's hash itself as the address. Also since it's a hash of the content, you guarantee that the data is the same, forever.

is meguca distributed or something?

It's also worth pointing out that this is more of a flaw with zerochan than zeronet itself, kind of.
For zerochan at that time, when a user submitted a post they where crafting the post object themselves locally and sharing that object. You can make it so that this still happens but the service handler replicates it so that all posts "belong" to the service node, but then the service node would basically be responsible for hosting all of the data. Which isn't really distributed.

To put that another way, the service node was holding a reference to the object, but the reference contained the peerid.
For content addressable systems you don't need that. You just store the hash of the content, and let people figure out which peers have it.

No. It just has interesting features and focuses on performance. There's not many interesting imageboard projects out there, most are php based yotsuba clones with minor changes like multiple images per post. Not really exciting or useful for the users or beneficial to the service hoster.
Other interesting ones are infinity and nntp.
Infinity could potentially migrate its hash based cms to IPFS today, and you could probably do the same for board creation and aggregation.
NNTP is already decentralized.