De-techifying your life

As we are fast approaching the future humanity and thus you is going to be presented with a stark choice between technology and no technology. you can choose to embrace the technology and become a slave to it, or reject it entirely. there will be no half-way. You won't even be able to make toast without logging into a cloud account soon. Forget about checking the weather or reading the news without giving your name address and finger print. Even your eye movements will be tracked and the government will inject "bad ads" into pages to see if you look at them, even for a moment, and downgrade your worth as a citizen. This is the future you have chosen by compliance with the status quo. Will you fight it or accept it?

Attached: soul maker.jpg (634x341, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7G1LjQSYM5Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This is why we need FOSS more than ever. I hope you are contributing.

Or you can wait until a MASSIVE niche of "non spying eletronics" open up and create your own brand of more expensive but "spyware free" electronics, and roast the others on commercials and shit.

Sounds like youre just a schizophrenic.

FOSS won't solve those problems.

fuck off with your tinfoil hat shit, i am a free man nobody is going to force technology on me. lol logging into a cloud account to make toast wtf even is a cloud account stop with the buzzwords and think more critically, why tf would you need to do that for toast. yknow technology can exist with past technology, nobody is going to stop me from using an old toaster let alone building my own since they aren't that complicated

Retard

uhhhhh

Then please enlighten me on how FOSS will save us all from spying.

if you know what your software is doing

you can know that it isn't spying on you

or make it so that it blocks the spying

this is already a thing

Useless until you control the hardware. Good luck making your own CPU

>As we are fast approaching the future humanity and thus you is going to be presented with a stark choice between technology and no technology
Are we? I didn't seem to notice. Or is this only happening in your head?

>in favor of appealing to futility
>on Jow Forums
Go away and never return.

Just implement your own router on a FPGA to whitelist traffic.

Programmer here. Won't ever buy a "smart device" in my lifetime. No smart fridge, no smart washer, no fucking SMART BULB lmao

it's the sign of a bugman and a cuck to own a bunch of techie shit.

None of those things will prevent corporate and government spying.
We already know companies do spy everyone, and they don't even need to run anything on your machine to do so.
They already know a lot about you even if you run a 100% free-as-in-freedom machine, just by connecting to their websites.
Unless you completely ditch them, they will spy on you. And running FOSS only won't prevent that.

>technology bad, rocks good
Dude you can easily emasculate smart devices from the crap and just use the proper circuitry.

Nice blogpost, retard.
Who will stop people and companies from making open hardware/software?
As far as I'm concerned, this is a good thing for libre hardware/software, eventually brainlets will get sick of ads

On top of that, how do you explain this?
youtu.be/7G1LjQSYM5Q
A "government made" tool that didn't compromise people using it while being FOSS?

>eventually brainlets will get sick of ads
Or they'll get more and more used to them

Attached: 1166398973.jpg (400x225, 29K)

that looks pretty comfy

This
If I can get universal basic income and my main activity is consuming products, I'm in

We are already slaves to technology. You don't have a choice, if you reject technology you will die. Modern humans are not able to survive without technology. Even if we were to relearn the skills of hunting, foraging etc, we can't, because we have already irreversibly fucked the ecosystem with global warming and pollution. There's a reason other species are going extinct faster than you can count.

God will save us.

He gave us free will and we fucked it up.
Why do you think he would act like a nanny like that?

>not becoming a cyborg and creating a band of road warriors slaying normalfaggots on highways in the deserts of Australia.

>If I can get universal basic income and my main activity is consuming products, I'm in
UBI will not be feasible. Inflation is created because you're essentially paying people to do nothing, therefore not contributing to the GDP of the nation that person is in.

>god
>Jow Forums
We're hitting new lows every day.

If there is some sort of god, we're probably getting to deconstruct it with science eventually and then it will be tech.

>what is RISC-V
>what is OpenPOWER
>what is J-core

I wonder what sort of bullshit you can catch with one of those.

There will need to be guarantees that the chips match their specifications without any nefarious additions. But it's a good start.

We need home fabs where people can't print their own CPUs. Imagine a hardware version of Linux, where the world's greatest minds all continuously improve some open CPU architecture, and we can download it and feed it into our 3D printer/fabricator as long as we have the materials. The hardware version of the GPL would claim no liability for accidentally burning your house down with the voltages, solder, or chemical etching.

can't=can

And Martians could rape you in your sleep, so you may as well suck my dick.

Do you own a Smart TV? It's incredibly hard to find one that's good quality picturewise but has no smart TV features.

he was trying to help

Attached: ted.jpg (200x253, 17K)

Is Jow Forums seems like the best place to discuss this? I feel like this place is very normalfag central, sure you probably got a bunch of free software user but the majority seems more interested in playing games, ricing their computer and using Chrome.