Is it worth using?

Is it worth using?

Attached: solus-os-1.2.jpg (900x506, 64K)

not again, kevin

I'm interested too, but it sound like it's hardly maintained anymore.

if you want budgie, use it on a well maintained distro. solus is a hobbyist distro.

Arch is a hobbyist distro too.

not again ikey, fixed that for you.

Attached: linux_Solus_1481081304742.png (750x623, 133K)

Linux is a hobbyist OS.

It's like GNOME, but completely sane. When it works it works really well, it's easy to use and stable.

Normally for torturing normalfags with freedumbs I'd count on this distro or Antergos. Maybe also Fedora, but haven't tried that for a long time.

On some laptop I tried though, after first time full system update, no matter if I used the terminal or graphical updater, it would irreversibly fuck something up and throw the user behind login screen without even showing the password field anymore. tty login later just showed some crap that shit is completely fucked, I don't remember the details.
Basically I wouldn't count my life on any desktop Linux whatsoever, but it should work.

fuck off kevin, nobody uses your shitty distro

Attached: IMG_20190217_113225.jpg (830x887, 153K)

Attached: images.jpg (229x220, 11K)

No Ikey, no fun.

best distro i used so far

Attached: [Special Clips] 여자친구 GFRIEND X SMART - FAMILY M_V 촬영 스케치-qUvY5wJn-Mg-[10.26.126-1 (1280x720, 2.91M)

Attached: linux_SOLUS_1480691842394.png (800x3400, 1.51M)

Without a doubt worth it

Attached: fetch_final.png (2560x1440, 3.64M)

Cool screenfetch logo.

MX Linux god tier.

I do, it just werks and has no burgerland politics removing packages based on what they're named after. Based european distro

No. Practically abandoned. Repos are shit. Just use Ubuntu with Budgie

Solus is awesome.... until you want to install stuff and do stuff.

Not abandoned, has the same team it had with Ikey minus him and I think they got 1 or 2 new persons. Your abandonedware meme is false
Their repos aren't as big as Debian's or Arch but you can install pretty much everything that is really needed from them. If not, install from source.

hwat?

Linux is a hobbyist kernel.

So is pretty much almost every distro not named Red Hat. What's your point?

Solus is pretty cool. It works really well and the default desktop is nice enough that you don't need to spend your life tweaking it to stop it looking like shit.

The repos are pretty bare compared to something like arch, debian or ubuntu. That said, I couldn't find anything huge missing. If you do find anything lacking, you can always compile from source snap is also supported and I think flatpak is as well.

A lot of people are talking like it's a dead project but I don't believe that's true. However you can decide for yourself.

>A lot of people are talking like it's a dead project
It's just a meme, like many others in this board. You check the blog on their main site, it lists all the things that will be incorporated on Solus in 2019

Yeah the blog does. Now it's March and they've made ZERO progress. I'd be surprised if their Q1 goals are completed by the end of the year.

>jagex
did you manage to get RS working on that?

Are you attempting to imply we're not all hobbyists

Stop playing Runescape.

>Ikey leaves
>progress grinds to a halt
>won't just package shit that people want, tell everyone to compile it themselves, no ppa/obs/aur/copr equivalent
>moving to ypkg for no reason
Solus has great things going for it and has great ideas, but as of now it is dead in the water with no signs of progression. Without flatpaks/snaps, it would have died real fucking quick when Ikey left, I'm impressed solus has stayed in the eye of many for so long.

>has the same team it had with Ikey minus him
Ikey was literally the only reason to use this shit distro. Now it's just a bunch of packagers doing basically nothing of value. There's no reason for solus to exist anymore.

Yes, I occasionally play rs3
Never

Linux is

Gnome 3 is actually better

>Fedora
>bad package manager
I somewhat agree dnf is dumb in a few aspects, but it's still much better than the likes of apt and rpm is fast as fuck as well as safe.

Any gnu+linux distros are for hobbyist weebs

GNU/Linux