Why Do ThinkPads Get Such Low Ratings?

If ThinkPads are so good and reliable, why is it that nearly every site you can buy them from that allows ratings has them usually rated under 4 stars? Particularly Amazon. T420, T430, etc. have reviews like "Stopped working after two months," etc.

Also:
>How do I best into knowing that the used T420, T430, etc. that I order online is going to be as close to a five-star as possible?

Attached: T430s.png (560x345, 157K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=196683
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

My machines werk for me™ and have done for years.
is the bread you're looking for.

Those T420 reviews look like the issue was with the seller either shipping broken/heavily used laptops, or shipping them with malware/broken windows installations.

shit build quality

The screen is horrible on all of them.

Why?

All or most?

Not their workstations

Modern ThinkPads are absolute garbage, on poo-pee scale it is somewhere there
>poo>thinkpad>pee>appel

What about older ones? A what year do they start becoming garbage?

New T series have soldered ram, what a shame. I don't understand thinkpads anymore, they're not even as resistant as they used to.

Forgot to mention they're fucking expensive, even if you go for an HD screen, YES THEY STILL SELL THESE.

which thinkpad do you lads recommend which:
- is lightweight as possible given...
- my need to use AutoCAD (2D building plans, no 3d shit)(is a graphics card needed for this?)

Providing TN panels or sub 1080p resolution in $1000+ laptops after 2015/2016 is a fucking scam.

Someone please answer.

Also, how resistant is the T430s and T420s to spills?

he's just lying retard, t430 and below are completely meme by now. Just because the construction is slimmer it doesn't mean it is any less resistent. It still is a fucking thinkpad, they are just poorfags or they already bought so many t60 piece of shit that they have no other option but to lie until people believe they aren't retarded

So what 14" Thinkpads would you recommend?

A485 or E485

those sadly have only one hdd/ssd port, it can't handle m.2

that amdtard isn't (me), I would recommend anything onwards from the T450, I have a T440p and I had to switch the touchpad. I rather would have just bought a T450, since newer processors have better power efficiency, meaning more battery. Right now I think a Quad T460p is the best for the price.
Don't gay AyyMD because it has shit drivers on Linux, that's what I've heard at least. It's unsupported hardware even if it's good or better than Intel.

thinkpads are shilled here

only amd processors that suck at linux are the budget ones A series for example, Ryzen works OK. But it has a nasty lockup bug with some ASUS motherboards, although, I think it actually affects every ryzen system from 1000 series to 2000, bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=196683

anything else works better with linux, like threadripper

I have an X200, it's 10yo and it still just werks™.
The only thing is that 4gigs of ram is just barely sufficient. I could still upgrade to 8 gigs if I wanted.

Wrong, my E485 has a 7mm SSD and an nvme SSD. Read the specs

Same with the A485 with 1x 2.5" SATA and 1x 2242 opal 2.0 nvme ssd

Bump

Just bought a t450s and been wondering if I made a mistake not buying t440p
Reviews I read like notebookcheck say they're almost the fucking same which I kinda can't believe.
I'm getting about 3-4 hours of browsing right now with another 24wh internal battery on the way to bring that up to 5-8. Is the t440p that much worse?
Either way it can't be better so I don't mind having slightly worse performance for such a nice chassis and machine in general.

my battery is at 60% its original 54Wh capacity and I get around 4-5 hours in fedora. I could get at least 7 if it were new, my TDP is like 7W usually. So that's 54/7 almost 8 hours.
Your processor is even more efficient you should do better than me with tlp and powertop configured

Fucking hell thanks, I'll check them again, that shit was taking me away from buying it, seems like the last great thinkpads, new t series have soldered ram, now this shit it's already confirmed.