Ok, guys how do I get into hacking?

Ok, guys how do I get into hacking?
Kali?
Books about Social engineering?
Tell me hacking gods how to start?

>inb4 bait
I've never been in Jow Forums, I've been in other boards but I had suddenly an urge to start hacking.

Attached: 1542303242550.png (900x2700, 512K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.oracle.com/cd/E19957-01/806-3568/ncg_goldberg.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You want an honest answer user, fucking forget hacking, it's a fucking waste of time. Learn something more productive.

1: watch all three seasons of mr. robot
2: install kali linux
3: get a fsociety wallpaper

Such as?
Knowing the secrets of people and using them into your advantage is pretty useful if you ask me.

>Such as?
Programming and get a job.
>Knowing the secrets of people and using them into your advantage is pretty useful if you ask me.
Sure user, hopefully you won't run on any trouble because of that

Alright, here's some protips:
That infographic is absolutely fucking wrong about everything and consists mainly of made up shit.
Kali does nothing special for you, it's just another distro spammed to the brim with every tool under the sun, a lot of it outdated or outright broken. Stay away and just install whatever you need on a regular distro.
Social engineering is about being a creative liar. If you want something fun to read I guess the art of deception is pretty cool.

Actually, just give up. This is pretty much a all or nothing thing if you ever want to be more than someone who knows how to use a few tools without even really understanding what they actually do. Unless that's exactly what you want. In that case you can literally google tutorials on how to do certain things.

I'll probably be starting IT next year at uni.
SO I want to understand the basics. I prefer to understand useless/outdated hacking than paste a tutorial from google.

Then read IT books, instead of trying to be a hacker I guess

>scat on the same level as mengeles experiments

whatever this chart depicts, it seems pretty bullshit to me

You could try yourself at some wargames and see if you can pick up what you need on the fly. Just search around a bit, there's quite a few options and a lot feature easy beginner challenges.

The only way to become a "hacker" is to know at the very least 1 language inside and out. How can you find a vulnerability in a system unless you completely understand how it runs?

Attached: deepweb bullshit.png (1000x1915, 821K)

changingminds.org

ethical hacking is a job, you know

Hacking is pretty useless. Either you exploit some weakness in a system before it's discovered (you wont, because you wont discover it), or you do other things like analyisis and "theoretical" breaking.

The single most effective "hacking" is probably social engineering, or just fucking stealing someones password from a post-it note on their desktop.

Most useful information probably requires two-factor authentication, OTPs or "physical" passes (such as key stores etc). So you wont find a way into any bank using that, unless you somehow recover their certificates or means of authorization.

You could probably do some dictionary attacks, rainbow tables or other similair brute-force methods. Though most robust systems would easily combat that. So you would need a way to recover their plaintext, or most likely the hashed passwords. Run their hashing algorithm (again probably using hash-chain tables or rainbows) until you can recover the sought passwords. Most secure systems probably use salt, and if it's effectively salted then you're fucked.

Anyway, there are probably exploits out there, such as using flash scripts and move your process onto their computer, effectively getting root access to their computer. Though these exploits have been fixed.

You should know that white-hat hackers have probably tried before you, and unless you can beat them you wont do any good. The human is always the weakest link, so yeah, find your angle there.

This, don't be a skiddie.

read this, it's a good start
docs.oracle.com/cd/E19957-01/806-3568/ncg_goldberg.html

Hacking is for children, learn to make something

ignore him. hacking is extremely profitable - white hack hacking that is. cybersecurity will be around for ever

.t no friends

/thread

OP probably want to be darknet hacker kiddo who hacks the fb of his crush though

>hacking: the art of exploitation
>smashing the stack
>smashing the stack the 21st century
>random walk of think of something you want to break -> rinse repeat
>skid sites

Hackthgibson

wrong
wrong
wrong
absolutely wrong
wrong
right
wrong
wrong
wrong
wrong
wrong

you need to understand that cyber security engineering is the epitome of technical requirements amongst all IT fields. you need to know everything about networking, data structures, computer science and reversing, strategic and IT management (for the SOC part of CS engineering), cryptography, computer forensics, linux/windows server administration (this is a big one), and of course programming would help, i basically only see python and C around me.

you can't go straight into CS engineering by skipping all these. if your goal is to be a script kiddie then stop here and fuck right off.

CS engineering is 10/10 specifically because of the culture surrounding it, if you actually want to jump into it, commit yourself and study the materials, you'll notice that everyone in the CSE field will jump at the chance to help you out, guide your learning and help you strive to be your best, it's the most unique IT field in that aspect and i havent experienced it anywhere else.

The best thing you can do is literally just dive straight into it and practice. I typically get people to start on picoCTF, overthewire Bandit and Natas, especially web application penetration exercises, as they are a very gentle start to the industry. If you don't know how to do something in those exercises you just google it, it's 100% okay to know absolutely nothing about the question, but the whole point is you are able to use your resources around you (google, manpages, exploitdb, CVE details) to always advance your learning.

1/2

Attached: download2.png (310x310, 127K)

>effects our lives
K, stopped reading

2/2

The field is literally all about practice, practice, practice. The more you do these CTF challenges, and advance onto actual machines such as HackTheBox, or study materials in the OSCP/OSCE certifications, the easier everything will become, and the more comprehensive your enumeration will be.

to actually break it into the industry, you'll look to be wanting to gain the gold standard of certifications, the OSCP (first one) and OSCE (second one). these are incredibly intense exams, (OSCP is 24 hours straight no breaks and OSCE is 48 hrs), however you'll study all the information you need via practice in wargames or vulnerable machines or CTFs. I usually tell people if you can break into 11 or 12 HTB machines you can do the OSCP, as it is only 3 machines with lateral traversal (Carrier is a medium level HTB machine that is a very gentle introduction to lateral traversal, i only recommend doing that once you have the basics down and have knocked out around 5 HTB machines)

you can also check out eLearnSecurity PTS (pentest student) certification, its quite a bit cheaper, newer and we consider it to be pretty good.

if you want to dive in, install kali in a VM (dont use it as a primary distro or live image, you'll need NAT networking via multiple vms sometimes), learn how to use BurpSuite/metasploit and have a crack at some web application CTFs on pico

t. red teamer for past 4 years

The left picture is obviously a joke. How autistic do you have to be to make this?

Attached: 1540558782564.jpg (533x519, 61K)

I rooted carrier...maybe 4 boxes so far...when will i know im ready? Im trying to get my time down..some of the boxes have taken me days to do.

Learn linux
Install normal linux like arch and learn it
Learn ports
Learn how to use tools like wireshark, nmap, and others. Just start with eaiser programs and work your way up.
Learn how to code. Start with bash and batch then python. After that go to C and C++. For "hacking" python is the best for beginner's but there is some windows exploits with batch with an overview on how windows works and bash will help you learn linux and make your life easier.
Have multiple cheap pc's or laptops to experiment with. Just go on shopgoodwill and you can get a laptop for 20 usd. Just make sure they are disconnected from the network so you don't fuck yourself over when trying to make a worm.
Use youtube A LOT. There is a good amount of videos on the platform
Optional: learn single board computers like ardrino and the pi since they can be used as disposable pc's for projects.

I should add this:
Learn github and how to clone and upload files to it
Learn how a computer works since some coding works around this in weird ways.