Go vs Rust vs Nim - what do I use?

.Want to build a self-hosted web app that compiled to a static binary.

Attached: rust.jpg (662x602, 104K)

Other urls found in this thread:

walmart.com/search/?query=great value
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

rust or nim, fuck go

The one that is actually used.

C#, you can build self-contained applications with no external deps with .NET Core and it's plenty fast for this boring task.

C is the best language
I LOVE C
I LOVE C
I LOVE C

This.

Attached: goofy cnile.png (1799x825, 269K)

Is elixir a meme? I read somewhere that is very fast.

OP here, built a guessing number game using the Rust book. It definitely feels like a Great Value Elixir lmao

It feels like they smashed together good ideas from everywhere and you end up with a language with no identitiy.

I'm going to build a library with Rust and see how it performs. Maybe it gets better.

So far I'm not really into it.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-03 at 6.11.57 PM.png (1188x1302, 238K)

a self-hosted web app is a program that uses some kind of http library instead of an web server through cgi? if yes, then obviously go. that's what itÅ› best at

What would be a Great Value Elixir? lol

Great Value Elixir

meaning a cheap knockoff, like the shitty kind walmart makes.

walmart.com/search/?query=great value

>rust degenerate
>making cuck jokes to 60 year old boomer C progammer with 4 kids

Attached: lmao.jpg (400x400, 22K)

>self-hosted
Go stdlib

>web app
Go stdlib

>that compiled to a static binary
Go stdlib

I would use go because it works best for my use cases which pisses off Jow Forums immensely.

That's literally what go is made for.

Why would you even consider Nim ? For static web app, Go seems like the perfect choice.

This thread makes no sense OP. Your use case is literally the use case go was built for. Nim is a meme language that is meant for people who don't ask questions on Jow Forums about which language to use. Rust is way overkill for a self-hosted web app binary, and you'll be fighting the environment to make it unless you already know Rust. Go will just werk and won't even need much boilerplate.

Also yeah I know I'm replying to a bait thread.

OP here: Not bait. I prefer asking here because anonimity breeds honesty. Imagine asking the faggots on stackoverflow this question

they're little white peckers would invert so fast as they try to lock the question first for their badge count.

come on, up
step up your game
use crystal

/thread

Rocket.rs, but it has more than 100 dependencies to compile hello-world

go stdlib - 0 dependencies.

I've been playing with actix, but it sucks if you aren't using something like ngnix as a reverse proxy.

they're called maymays gramps get with the times

the kids aren't his