You have 10 seconds to explain why you aren't using GNU Icecat

You have 10 seconds to explain why you aren't using GNU Icecat.

Attached: icecat.png (650x650, 177K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/mozilla-services/syncserver
chromium.woolyss.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

sync

botnet

breaks most websites

Autistic

but i am though

Using ungoogled-chromium

Attached: 1539834083568.png (540x474, 425K)

Richard Stallman stole my Latvian folk CD and never gave it back, so I use Chrome to spite him.

just use umatrix origin, no excuse to not use icecat.

Poo

my distro doesn't package it

It's not available on とあるOS yet

This.
Does not help.

Fedora does package it

Is that the gentoo logo?

Cats r gay lel

For that matter i would just use a custom about:config in furshitfox and add that extension on top, which i do.

Just look at this utter crapfest. Style sheets that don't load, pictures that don't render, music that doesn't play, the links to the episodes in this anime website are not rendered, can't watch livestreams on twitchh or videos in vidlii which isn't even youtube (i know there's invidio.us for that).

LibreJS is a godsend, but it just doesn't fit with today's web. If i can, i use freedom respecting alternatives like matrix/riot, torrents etc. But default IceCat is just too crippled to be a sane alternative.

>inb4 phoneposter and x3 epin reddit carriage returns

Attached: icecatmobile.jpg (5385x2010, 2.17M)

I'm unwilling to put up with Fedora

*tips fedora*

because I can't get 4chanX to properly work on it

the blue cat looks deformed and gay

lol xD

No official build for windows

ITT: funny memes

Attached: lol.jpg (600x610, 47K)

Attached: lmao_haha.jpg (651x481, 37K)

I'm on windows :(

Attached: smoking.jpg (300x300, 69K)

It's broken by default.

Without JavaScript you lay as well use lynx

Compiling it from AUR freezes my computer

Attached: assembly.jpg (319x319, 6K)

>it's outdated
>it's broken
>no windows builds
This board is really at an all time low.
That said, you don't need Icecat. A properly configured, and preferably self compiled, Fx ESR is fine too.

>no windows builds
I wonder how it's on my windows 10 desktop. I should delete it.

I was quoting this moron

I'm still deleting it. It's pretty gross.

Because my FF build is pretty much like it.

Slow.

Also Android version requires a million permissions for no reason whatsoever

Because it's just Firefox with less people actively working on it. Virtually zero benefits.

Because it's yet another example of slapping GNU on entirely someone else's work released under a different license. It spreads just like cancer.

Because I'm using waterfox.

Bloat, why would you need more than w3m or lynx?

>mfw the milky way is also at home in a galactic void

Attached: 1549973860126.gif (357x200, 628K)

daily reminder that icecat is available via fedoras default repo.

Or as I'd like to call it
>GNU+Icecat

Because a properly configured regular release Firefox is just as fine, and I've been using that since before anybody gave a shit about IceCat

not available in the repo

とあるOSは何?

Because I don't like Google having my entire browsing history. Yes any browser besides Tor/Firefox in Tor mode gives away your entire browsing history due to fingerprinting and zombie cookies. This is especially true for anything based on Chromium and those niche Firefox forks.

As someone with a full stack job, I occasionally have to actually view webpages. Preferably with the browsers that 98% of the population uses.

FOSS is form of jewish slavery which has forced developers to do things for free for corporations to exploit in order to be relevant on work market. I boycott FOSS for ethical reasons.

People like you are just noobs. Firefox is way better for web dev it's dev tools are insanely amazing. And if a website runs properly on Firefox it will also run properly on Chrome but not the other way around.

Its not in gentoo package db, so i use -bindist firefox.. I do use it on my parabola machine.

I'm on windows and they don't distribute windows binaries of the most recent builds.

Brave has chrome browser extension support

bc i want a unix distro that doesn't crash every 30 min and has good consistent support.
osx/vivaldi seems pretty good

Firefox-based browsers are very slow on my machine. I'm bound to using chromium.

dark matter?

Just replace librejs with ublock / noscript / umatrix. Then you have Firefox with no bonnet.

Have you tried them recently? I find it hard to believe that you're experiencing poor performance on only Firefox browsers because of your hardware.

The answers to this thread prove most of Jow Forums are redditors who are bad with technology

Attached: ebin.png (541x78, 8K)

Because I use Google Ultron, pleb.

But I do

because its slow dogshit that wont allow me to get rid of librejs and its other addons entirely, just "disable" them

>One of the most notable of these dark absorption nebulae is a cloud toward the constellation Ophiuchus known as Barnard 68, pictured above.

>it's slow dogshit
It's the same as Firefox, just rebranded with librejs and telemetry disabled.

>I can't disable librejs, I can only disable librejs
You're retarded.

The only distros that have it in their repos are Fedora and the unusable FSF ones

Because I'm using Falkon.

how is parabola? I’m using debian and I might switch. And yes, all of my hardware will work with the libre kernel.

fucking uninstall purge remove eliminate anihilate exterminatus that shit - why must it remain there at all, like fucking cortana or the useless metro apps on fucking windows?
how does this respect my freedom?

fuck you, bitch

It's disabled and doesn't do anything. It also has no telemetry. Why do you use browsers with spyware?

its good, op

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-04_14-57-27.png (628x352, 44K)

>I need my freedom respected, which is why I use spyware browsers
OK, go back to chrome sweetie

immediately noticed it too, is it an edit?

it is a cloud of dust and gas (about 2 solar masses) in the process of collapsing into a star
the text appears to be a reference to the Bootes void, which was discovered by radio telescope and is about a fifth the size of the observable universe (its obviously in the background, not the foreground so there are no pictures of it)

...but the picture is edited to make the void look like the gentoo logo.

read the thread

Attached: 1200px-Barnard_68.jpg (1200x1200, 764K)

UGC

it's shit.

My custom Firefox accomplished the same privacy results without breaking fuckton of addons and pages.

Can you enable sync on it? It's the only botnet feature I want.

>people unironically wanting to use Firefox Sync
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
is this reddit?

i dont use esr because they dont patch non critical security vulnerabilities

Lazy, never gotten around to it

and that's a good thing

You're ignorant.

>Unironically knocking on botnet's door
>Literally the opposite thing the people in this board would ever do
Not him, but you're the only ignorant here, pham.

>Unironically knocking on botnet's door
Thanks for proving my point.
github.com/mozilla-services/syncserver

firefox is better

The fact that you can run a sync server on your own doesn't change the fact that Mozilla uses their own server for their own distributed versions of Firefox.
Thanks for proving my point, btw.

>The fact that you can run a sync server on your own doesn't change the fact that Mozilla uses their own server for their own distributed versions of Firefox.
Completely optional.

visual studio

>up to date builds for 32-bit and 64-bit windows so now there is no excuse for not using ungoogled-chromium
chromium.woolyss.com/

Because Firefox is the best

Because anything Stallman is associated with by less than two degrees of separation is something I'd rather avoid.

>he doesn't use firefox

this cute lil ferret >>>> fox >>> cat

Attached: 300px-iceweasel-icon.png (300x300, 73K)

Qutebrowser has better default keybinds

>i dont want to use libre software
what a loser

>He didn't compile chromium for maximum speed without jews
OH NONONONONON

Jow Forums should ban anyone not using icecat

Oh wait icecat wouldn't even let you know it's icecat
BASED ICECAT

I use librefox because I need the wayland backend.