/spg/ - Smartphone General

Fxtec Pro1: Your Next Phone Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: fxtec-pro1-technobuffalo-8.jpg (2048x1536, 897K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-redmi-note-7
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/US/redmi-note-7
youtube.com/watch?v=fRu5I1TF17M
youtu.be/IXLvNrUTUYw
youtu.be/G8J7lCAs38w
youtu.be/QmsF7g0QnvI?t=172
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Snapdragon 835/$649.99
>2019
What the fuck?

>curved screen
Otherwise it looks decent.

Is the Razer Phone 2 worth 500 bucks

My mommy has the J7 and she keeps telling me it's bugging out and not working as fast as it used too. I want to buy a cheap good phone for her birthday. Is there any good phone with a decent camera that is under $300? I'm in the US and our carrier is metro.

Attached: D0PcNE4VYAAwimG.jpg (708x1000, 76K)

Knew this was going to be their plan from the start, got my OPO and nothing from them after. Still runs perfect with Lineage, the only thing it hiccups a little bit is long load times in games, but I only ever ran them just to test the speed.

Swapped the battery with a new one, but turns out my stock 5 year old battery was healthier than this brand new one. Keep looking at potential next phones for whenever this thing dies, but it doesn't seem like it's going to anytime soon.

Attached: 1547349761317.png (580x493, 460K)

Which smartphones can display a full manga page without scrolling?

Redmi note 7 or wait for the note 7 pro

kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-redmi-note-7

187$ 3gb ram 32gb storage 4000mah battery OK camera and to top it off it looks pretty.

Definitely the way to go if you want to save some cash.

Miui is great for techlets too so I think she'll like it.

Attached: smugTok.png (414x345, 181K)

lenovo phab pb1-750m

I don't think my carrier supports it?

should I buy galaxy note 9?

Only you can decide this.

Why hasn't xiaomi or oneplus made a 5" 18:9 phone with a 4000mah battery and a headphone jack?

A oneplus 5t or redmi note 7 thats 5" and 18:9 would make a killing. there's almost zero options for hobbits and gnomes besides pixelshit3 and samshit s10e.

Metro in the US? I mean youll get 3g/hspa+ but everything else should be good.. Xiaomi phones arent locked to a carrier brodin.

On the link I posted scroll down and check your frequency to see of its compatible with your network.

I'm new to this but how do I know which network I have?

Redmi 7 announcement WHEN?
Fuck that Note shit.

Metro is on T-Mobile's network

Any reason not get the 5t for $440 on Amazon?

So how do I know which bands I should be looking for? It says B5 (850) but is that all t-mobiles or some?

You can get the OP6 for that price, kinda dumb to take the older phone with weaker specs for the same price, just to avoid the notch.

I'm not sure what you're asking but use the frequency checker:
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/US/redmi-note-7

yes.
you're useless like aqua. haha jk bro. it's my first time here but I know memes
yes. only you can decide this lol. checkhaha see what I did there
5 is small, people like big screen now. you might hear many people like small phone but the actual stat is more people like bigger phone.
redmi is weaker than redmi note. small price difference but cheaper. note is already cheap, people like you are sheep if they called thre redmi note 7 just redmi 7 you'll probably like it dumb sheep haha just messin with ya bud.
you can get better phone for that money instead of going old sd 835 lol
also please check out my gaming channel.

I pray to God that the Oneplus 7T will come with the 10x zoom lens.

best phone for 400€? preferably no chinkphones since I am asking for a normie friend

Attached: 0CD6E8C0-15C1-46ED-97CA-97A4472566A2.jpg (400x400, 36K)

Is there any way to make my bathroom dustproof so I can put on my screen protector without fucking dust?

Chinkphones are in these days.

Why would you apply the screen protector in the bathroom? Just do it on your desk. Are you special needs or just plain stupid? lol

yeah, told him to get a mi mix 3

Mix 3 in June.

anyone here waiting for a cheap phone with 5g?
i got a phone without LTE before and i am regretting it everyday and do not want to make the same mistake with 5g

Not that user but why June? Is the minimum mix 3 gonna drop in price because xiaomis new phones are releasing?

I'm sending my phone to warranty because the power button is fucked.
I have an old iPhone 5 that works sometimes depending on the day of the week. Is there any Jow Forums/8ch app for it or one has to use safari?
Or I'm better off with a old Huawei P10 lite my uncle had with every glass part broken? I just need it for 2 weeks tops.

there's even more dust in my room

Thoughts on the Xperia XA2? Worth getting it for $200?

Pocophone

install lineage

No curved screen, no notch, no double cameras, 16:9 screen. Go for it if you are conservative about smartphones. Official LineageOS and Sailfish OS builds are also a nice bonus.

In the market for a new phone, is the motorolla moto g series still good?

Why does every smartphone manufacturer put their shitty overlay on top of Android? It's the only thing stopping me from switching to a Galaxy.

Is the Redmi Note 6 Pro my best option under 200? I can't wait for the Redmi 7 anyways

Attached: 1421172732207.jpg (800x599, 104K)

If there is not a physical button to press it is shit. Not using a mouse and keyboard is already a huge problem.

The note 6 pro is shit. Wait for the note 7.

Look at its competitors. The Blackberry Key Two came out for $649.99 with an SD660.

It's alright. best in the segment when it comes to camera and sound.

>187$ 3gb ram 32gb storage 4000mah battery OK camera and to top it off it looks pretty.

there's cheaper 4/64s out there already 3gb is not enough

Also i was looking at pajeets sites and they list the PRO 128gb for 16,900 rupees

Attached: 90801-1523995048-328797850.png (1366x768, 705K)

Screen protectors are fucking stupid

Backup her stuff and factory reset the phone, it'll extend its life.

Or install Lineage with gapps

>just install gapes, bro!
Cringe

I want to test out an iphone 7 I have laying around for a few days, but keep the sim card in my current, other phone for now.

Can I set up the apple ID with the phone number of the sim card in the other phone without putting it in the iphone?

so what's the best phone I can buy for that price then

The redmi note 7 Pro.

I've had my phone for about six months but only recently about 2 or 3 weeks I've noticed the charge doesn't last as long I may be lost around 2 hours screen on time should I just sell it and buy a new phone I don't really want to go about replacing the battery consider I can still get $400 for my phone

I was thinking about buying a note 7 pro or a moto G7 power.

not counting that one as I said
I need a phone now

Pocofags completely BTFO by the Note 7 pro:
youtube.com/watch?v=fRu5I1TF17M
Now can you stop shilling that ugly OVERPRICED brick on here 24/7?

Attached: f595805f9f2d8b700844617ae2aa4c25.png (100x100, 20K)

>second best SoC money can buy
>6 GB RAM
>micro SD card slot
>3.5mm headphone jack
>4000 mAh
>just around $300
How is this in any way, shape or form overpriced?

>Fxtec Pro1: Your Next Phone Edition
>Fxtec Pro1
That's a fun way of spelling "Xiaomi Redmi Note 7"

common thing we used to tell people when i worked retail electronics is to run a hot shower in your bathroom until it gets steamy, then turn it off for about a minute. the hot air will settle the dust

YOU SAID REDMI NOTE 7 3/32 WILL BE $149 BUT IT'S STILL FUCKING $179
I HATE YOU SO FUCKING MUCH XIAOMI SHILLS

>second best SoC money can buy
ok
>6 GB RAM
same as N7pro
>micro SD card slot
same as N7pro
>3.5mm headphone jack
same as N7pro
>4000 mAh
same as N7pro
>just around $300
100$ more expensive than N7Pro
>worse camera by a long shot

My friend, the Note 7 Pro makes your ugly brick outdated and overpriced

Attached: 1.jpg (379x430, 15K)

Wow, it's almost as if you're importing it from China and there are resellers. And wow, how much you're being ripped off even with all of that - whole 180 dollars. Not that you should be doing any of this in the case of a non-global device anyway.

What ugly brick? Yeah, I have it just because you said so. And what are you even trying to achieve here? The Redmi Note 7 isn't even global yet and who knows if it will be, who knows about the Note 7 Pro at this point?

>all that poo in loo comment section
Cringe

>resellers
I only use AliExpress.
Yes, those fucking $30 is important.

>The Redmi Note 7 isn't even global yet and who knows if it will be
It will be. Every previous Notes is. And every previous Notes is an absolutely bestsellers in its' years.

Waiting on fone in sub 300€ range that has
>USB-C
>camera with EIS
>64GB internal storage
>dual sim
>18:9 display without curved corners

Attached: 1304714252909.jpg (780x780, 96K)

>What ugly brick?
The poco with 8.8mm thickness and hideous front and back, cheap plastic
>Yeah, I have it just because you said so.
My friend, i meant "yours" as in you shill it
>And what are you even trying to achieve here?
Warning fellow users that they need not get that ugly phone anymore and can save 100$ (7,000 rupees)
>The Redmi Note 7 isn't even global yet and who knows if it will be, who knows about the Note 7 Pro at this point
My friend, the Note 7 and Pro are going global in a few days the CEO said so at the launch event

Attached: 2.jpg (513x595, 48K)

>cheap plastic
Yeah about that.
youtu.be/IXLvNrUTUYw
youtu.be/G8J7lCAs38w
Hopefully the Redmi Note 7 Pro is more durable.

Nope, exactly the same body for the RN7 and the RN7 Pro.

Asus zenfone max pro m1 or redmi note 5 (SD 636).

Cheap as it looks cheap like something out of 2006.
My friend thanks for sharing the videos the Note 7 Pro wins the comparison hands down thanks to Corning Gorilla Glass 5 in everything but autistic bending that only permavirgins on Jow Forums care about (I have a wife and 5 children)

Another win over the Poco I will add it to my list thank you

Attached: 3.jpg (696x785, 55K)

>Another win
Enjoy.

Attached: 44.png (971x464, 381K)

>Enjoy.
My friend what mental disability compels you to try to snap your phone in 2 like that
if you care that much about measly 16,999 rupees then put a case on it you remind me of my 8yo son anjir he is quite special in the head

Attached: 4.jpg (579x628, 36K)

>My friend what mental disability compels you to try to snap your phone in 2 like that
Not a single one. How is a less durable device a plus in any way possible?

probably not cost effective to move to a smaller screen
the 5t uses the same AMOLED as a bunch of other chinkphones, these companies cut costs by using off the shelf components

Attached: oppo-a79-5.jpg (1080x1440, 163K)

>Not a single one.
Then why do you try to bend your phone my friend has your mother had you tested we tested anjir after he kept pouring water over the fan to make waterfalls

>How is a less durable device a plus in any way possible?
My friend if you look at the test the N7Pro is more durable in everything except the bend test which is not a real life scenario
And the tradeoff to that unlikely "durability" is considerable more thickness and incredibly worse materials and design

all of which can be fixed by a 5$ case anyway
>How is a less durable device a plus in any way possible?

Attached: 5.jpg (848x619, 46K)

do you know any alternativ with flat screen? im not looking for huge storage nor for fancy 6+ cores , i njust like the keyboard and want something cheap

What are the chances of the note 10 having the front facing camera and the depth sensor underneath the screen?

Is there no chinkphones that work well on United States Verizon? Fucking hate this company, wanted a pocophone

>Fucking hate this company, wanted a pocophone
Nope. Hate your carriers. The blame lies on them.

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S and Mix 3

Slim. More likely we'll see it on the S11

Note 10 will likely keep the Iris scanner tho. It'll become a samsung premium thing they put into their note line only.

no, they've been shit ever since Lenovo became the owner of Motorola

Putting large logos and names on the front like you would do on a fridge. I thought we were past that.

Attached: 64322343.jpg (1200x796, 136K)

just wait a few weeks, the price will drop

When does the buyers remorse kick in?

Attached: s10+.jpg (460x179, 14K)

any second now

Uk, budget around £200.
Thinking about buying the Honor 8x.
Any better alternatives for the price?

Yes. Blackberry is retarded, but other companies don't have to be.

wait for Redmi Note 7 / 7 Pro

>Fxtec Pro1
I will jump ship on day one if they managed to have some form of trackpad, or trackball.
Using a key2 has spoiled me. I only touch my screen if I absolutely have to.

Attached: blackberry keyone.gif (480x270, 1.79M)

Not to mention the cursor movement or text and the pointer mode.
youtu.be/QmsF7g0QnvI?t=172

It retarded that they removed this from the settings, but you can enable it easily with a setting database editor.

because despite few autists nobody cares that much about headphone jack. Phones still sell great

Has anyone had experience in buying "New (Other)" or "manufacturer refurbished" phones off eBay? Strongly considering doing this for a purchase soon but I've only ever bought phones new.

The fuck is wrong with IceCat on Android?
I was trying to figure out why it sometimes closes in the background with "IceCat has stopped" message. Then I looked in Memory page, and it bleeds like a fucking pig, eating 2 GB RAM before killing himself. Could be one-two pages in the background, within a few hours it eats every piece of memory it can find and dies.
Should I try Fennec or Firefox? There are no official ESR releases on Android, right?

Yep.

Clean your table with a wet cloth, then wipe it again with a dry cloth, and then apply the screen protector on it? Do you not know how to clean furniture? Or do you live in the middle of a hurricane or something where there's a shitload of dust 24/7

sir please do not insult not all of us can be white and born in first world nations
plus our beta comments are better than niggershit or s o yfags any day.

>No Ç key
Insta non-non

It'll have a pill notch for it, just like all the other Galaxy 10 phones.