Need a resume template for it professional/consultant. You have any good source for that?

Need a resume template for it professional/consultant. You have any good source for that?

Attached: it_resume_sample.jpg (2400x1280, 314K)

Other urls found in this thread:

resumake.io/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>learning croatian

(((Google))) Docs

My best advice would be to make your resume not boring.
Anyone who has reviewed resumes knows it's just heaps of the same boring shit

>ColdFusion 5, Visual Basic, Bash, Windows Shell, MS-DOS, dBase, Oracle, Python, Fortran, Windows NT, Windows 95, Windows 2000, Linux (Ubuntu / CentOS)

NIGGER please don't list every single fucking technology you've ever touched. I don't care.

And for the love of god don't tell me you've "done this or that by 17%" or "increased efficiency by 49%"
Only retarded cunts who work in HR and for resume-writing services think it's clever.

Do you believe a recruiter is going to say "tough shit mate, you only improved that process by 24%, the other resume has improved his process that I have no clue about by 300%"

Left one landed me a job, didnt even get callback when my resume looked like the one on the right.

I can recommend modernCV if you haven't worked much yet, I personally had to stop using it since the design is too sparse to fit my past experience on one page.

It did get me lots of interviews and some pretty good offers though.

I've never seen a single resume mentioned specific numbers like you stated. I do agree that doesn't make sense but I think it's pretty funny.

To be honest modern CV´s are scam ( prices ).
Download Illustrator and copy the layout from some nice CV´s from google.

LatexTemplates and ShareLatex have some nice templates you could use outright or modify to fit your needs. Bonus cookies - you can add TeX to your skills if you go ahead and learn it.

Attached: cv_16-1.jpg (1275x1650, 440K)

Depends on the location

I'm a boomer, what with those resumes on the right?

What's with all those bars and skill points? Is this a burger thing?

I'd immediately put the right one in the round file. Anybody who thinks it's a good idea is in for a bad time

all they really care about on your resume is what you have done at past jobs to improve efficiency and some contact/personal info about you. that's it. as long as it's readable who gives a shit about the rest

right looks like a website yuck

i know its probably only handled digital but to print something like right wouldnt look good imo

it's a way to get your resume in the trash is what it is. lol

I heard skill "points" like that is actually bad to put on your resume.

Those are a special kind of terrible. If you don't know better and are reading this, for fuck sake never put these fucking skill bars or a photo in your resume.

You said what not to but not what do

Man I honestly think this shit is a waste of time. I worked at Dow Jones during summer 2018 and they told us that the most time they spend looking at a resume is 30 seconds, with an average of around 10s. In that much time all they're looking at is GPA and your experience.
They appreciate resumes being easy to read, but they explicitly told us they don't care how pretty it is.
Focus more on your content than the appearance.

What's wrong with a photo? I include one in mine since more places have explicitly required it than ones that didn't.

What if I have no gpa

Well phrased

Attached: 3.jpg (1024x768, 44K)

Probably experience and certs. You're at a huge disadvantage without a degree but it's still possible to get a job without it.

I have a degree

Why? I’ve been told by several employers in the industry that they very strongly prefer experience/projects over degrees. Of course, experience AND degrees go a long way, but getting a degree actually puts you behind if you can just learn and work by yourself.

Obligatory.

Attached: 1548277580436.jpg (2304x1539, 756K)

>name is Rudimenko
>went out of her way to learn Croatian
>presumably to connect with her heritage
>only "conversational"
>speaks advanced Spanish, presumably picked up from working in restaurants and other menial jobs
>that's probably where she belongs, if her work ethic is satisfied by mere conversational proficiency
>JUST.jpeg

Attached: 1544465155134.jpg (680x680, 23K)

The amount of work that went into this is impressive. Most females wouldn't put that much effort into their work, and would instead ask a man to do it for them. If I were the hiring manager, I would have called her back and said something like, "your resume really stands out, but I can't have you writing in this style for my company. If you can prove that you can write a boring, formal resume without any kind of unique flare, then I'll interview you."

The format of a resume (provided it’s easy to read) matters way less than its content. Stop this gay meme, people worry over things that aren’t relevant

>Most females wouldn't put that much effort into their work, and would instead ask a man to do it for them

Attached: 5a079a0e56db0.jpg (200x200, 10K)

I asked several F500 corporate recruiters about having a rating for skills on your resumes.
All of them said to avoid doing that since those ratings will likely be interpreted as HOW BAD you are with the skills you're listing - 5 stars you're good, 4 or less and you're shit. Only list stuff if you're absolutely comfortable using it at a technical interview. Save the rest for the interview.

They like the side column though depending on how it's organized. For my resumes, that's where I try to squeeze in my education, skills, and tech stack.

You should hear swearing in Croatian. English is a joke.

Attached: 1532836449518.jpg (1280x1707, 248K)

Are you implying you think I'm wrong?

I'm not implying anything user.

Like I can't list programming languages unless I can get their syntax 100% right off the top of my head?

HAHAHAHAHA FUCK.
If I was a hiring manager I would keep that just to laugh at it.
but honestly, I wouldn't hire that person. ever.

Just google a basic ass template. A recruiter ahould be able to read your resume in 10 seconds or less and grab the most important shit out of it. Your name, your graduating school, and any experience you may have in the field.

keep formatting to a minimum, most resumes go through an automatic parser before a human ever looks at it, and the "Modern CV" doesn't always get cleanly parsed.

Only if you're 10+ years in the field. If you're applying after uni/college then list languages that you've done any projects in.

Resumes for graduates do not follow the same rules as for the rest and anyone that tries to convince you otherwise isn't worth your time.

This infographic is ridiculous, make your resume in latex

resumake.io/

Putting a photo on your resume or not depends on where country you are.
In France it's expected, but my english teachers through scolarship always told me to never put it on a resume for American companies

It would be illegal for your potential future employer to know your age, or looks.

At least in one eastern europoor country.

>In France it's expected
Generally it's sufficient to just write your name and address. Basically any indication to the recruiter that you are an actual French person.

>bio section
i'd wipe my ass with that resume

resume on the right screams, "im fresh out of school"

Honestly that's so bad it's good.

Explain?

There are certain key words and phrases that companies look for on resumes, and if they aren't present the resume gets thrown out by an automatic screening program before a human even sees it or knows it exists.
user is just saying that if you have a lot of fancy formatting it might mess up the program that's parsing resumes and looking for certain words.

>please don't list every single fucking technology you've ever touched

Your fault for putting every single fucking technology from your stack on the requirements page. I'm just copy pasting.

Grug cogitate that stupid people like you need skulls bashed in.

Attached: 1544061226024.png (235x215, 7K)

I'm just a developer not a professional recruiter so it's just like my opinion man but I see more and more of those resume with skill points or whatever from fresh grads and it's not like I hate them or anything but they make 0 sense to me.
Like what's the scale supposed to be? 5/5 in HTML and CSS? You're fresh out of school you're realistically a 2/5 at best and that's perfectly fine but I guess putting 1/5 and 2/5 in every skill isn't very marketable?
Or is it supposed to be a comparative scale to let us know that you're more familiar with javascript than you are with SQL in which case it's quite far fetched?
At the end of the day I care about the content above all else but I'll take a traditional resume of those printed blog mockups any time.

Unless you are applying as a model, a picture should not be required. Depending on your looks, gender and race it can easily backfire.

If you got as far as a face-to-face meeting without using a photo, you at least know they selected you based on your skills/experience and not because of your looks or some arbitrary diversity quota.

become well known enough in a field that you can make your resume whatever and still get hired

Attached: based.png (803x1039, 810K)

Attached: anonresume.png (737x827, 47K)

That guy writes terrible code. Autism level must be over 9000.

Attached: 1527944535435430653828_0.png (707x786, 126K)

>Editor: Vim
Into the trash pile it goes