So what's the most manly distro/OS? The most rough rugged and raw that spits on aesthetics and gets shit done...

So what's the most manly distro/OS? The most rough rugged and raw that spits on aesthetics and gets shit done. I'm tied between Gentoo, Slackware and OpenBSD.

Attached: gentoo-wallpaper-1.png (1440x900, 339K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tc4ROCJYbm0
redhat.com/en/blog/us-department-defense-releases-security-configuration-standard-red-hat-enterprise-linux-7
redhat.com/en/blog/red-Hats-decade-of-collaboration-with-government-and-the-open-source-community
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

vid very related
youtube.com/watch?v=tc4ROCJYbm0

slackware

A custom Fedora build from your own koji/mock server with a custom anaconda image.

TempleOS

Try them all? It is probably the manly/womanly thing to do.

Let me put this in a way you'll understand. You are surrounded by bomb shells and mines, the dirty trenches are only going to hold for so long,suddenly your chief in command rushes into your position and tells you that the enemy is approaching and you need to run into the main cabin on the valley and send a message for backup, you do as you are told and when you enter the dirty base of operations you see a chair , a table, and a tough-book sitting on it, what is the computer running? Is it Slackware?

Attached: base-of-operations.jpg (259x194, 12K)

Debian. Real men who care about getting shit done and not impressing people on Jow Forums use Debian.

Minimal Debian Stable

Pick the one that best describes you.

>Debian
The honest, blue collar white man's distro. No frills and no arcane knowledge of Linux required. Just works.

>Gentoo
The thinking man's distro. Users will commonly be seen wearing pompous boater hats, smoking pipes or cigars (with exclusively premium Cuban tobacco) and contemplating chess strategy while waiting for their programs to compile.

>Slackware
The traditionalist's distro. Users are conservative, vote Republican and have a prospensity to tout family values.

>OpenBSD
The clandestine, illegalist-anarchist OS. These motherfuckers even refuse to conform to the non-conformists. Users do not compromise, nor should they. Often have detailed plans to overthrow the federal government in an inconspicuously named text file somewhere on their desktop.

Attached: toffs_and_toughs.jpg (1600x1209, 345K)

Normally a mil spec real time OS or an in house time slicer. That is what we did.

Probably Windows.

>are conservative
>vote Republican
What did he mean by this?

>OpenBSD
I always thought this was a typo and that they meant OpenBDSM.

red hat, US military is a big client of red hat. They can't afford shit to break

Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation.

Sabotage Linux

If it's the US army, probably windows 95

Real men use Unix.

LUL

>real trannies
ftfy

Plan 9.

Attached: __cirno_and_hakurei_reimu_touhou_drawn_by_ruu_tksymkw__60bf97010f3d316cbd3b7747e3d0a762.png (1100x1400, 826K)

if you're going by mil spec, i'd say astra, but otherwise i'd have to agree with fedora

Attached: rf-logo.png (240x120, 21K)

Shit meme.

I enjoyed this comment

Attached: Two Pepe Frens.jpg (1387x702, 110K)

redhat.com/en/blog/us-department-defense-releases-security-configuration-standard-red-hat-enterprise-linux-7

redhat.com/en/blog/red-Hats-decade-of-collaboration-with-government-and-the-open-source-community