Any way to prevent plastic going yellow?

I know you can use that hair lightening stuff to try and bring it back but I don't see the point if it will go yellow again in 5years.

if I use things that go yellow in a pitch black room or only artificial light will it still go yellow?

Attached: PBT vs ABS.png (434x280, 166K)

Gentoo

unironically cum on it. chlorine based compounds in jizz will bleach it
trust me, I'm a neet
pic related, I cum on my cat too

Attached: 1548989865558.jpg (312x312, 13K)

UV light filters on your windows is the only way to prevent yellowing permanently.

I hope the cat consented.

5 years is a long time, just try to bring it back if you doesn't want to buy a new things.

>if you doesn't
Get the fuck off my board Tyrone

well I guess I could buy just like 10copies of it and keep the rest in a draw

but from my experience they go yellow at like 2-3years then reach peak yellow at 5years. so that's only like 20years of non yellow times.

quite annoying if you have found endgame devices.

ive heard people say it was due to some fire proof stuff they put in ABS back in the day but ive seen modern devices do it too and also on things fireproofing doesn't make sense like fridges so I think its just some thing inate to ABS..

some of my white lego bricks are a bit odd but some of them are 100% fine... maybe lego worked it out? im just worried as I want to use cheap chink modern keyboard that's all white that im worried will go yellow and its discontinued plus a mouse that I have multiples of that already gone yellow and used for years ;/

i guess peak desperation would be to take the things to a car shop and get it painted with some uber paint? the keyboard frame wont get touched by my hands but what about mouse ;( any paint uber enough for that?

i got a cherry stream keyboard that is 11 years old and somehow only a few keys are yellow while the other keys look like they are brandnew.
can someone explain this magic to me?

I have extremely acidic sweat so everything eventually turns yellow and if metal or plastic develops small pits and scratches. it really sucks but there's nothing I can do about it, it's a family trait.

>I hope the cat consented.
Probably dead and stuffed, in that order I hope.

>5 years is a long time
No.

Are you a lemon? Have we finally cracked the genetic code?

I have no idea, but my mother officially banned my father and I from using the 'good' sheets or pillows. my sister's laptop looks like mine, with these horrid pits and scratches where our hands rest while browsing.
maybe it's a defensive mechanism or something.

Attached: VMT4Rv1.jpg (1103x1146, 74K)

Heat speeds up the yellowing. Those keys must have been used more than the others.

not sure that's true bro. probably light just hit that area more.

That's fucking repulsive.

tell me about it, you don't have to live with it.

Seal it off from the atmosphere and any light.
Otherwise, no. Either maintain it every 5 years until the blastic becomes dust or just use it with the yellow tint like a non-soishit.

ABS will turn yellow sooner or later no matter what. buy keyboards made from something else.

Does it burn for other people?

no, it's only extended contact. i.e. clothes or sitting at a computer for hours at a time.

Keeping it out of sunlight should help a bit, but why would you willingly subject yourself to working only in a pitch-black room? Either just get black components, accept that they'll go yellow, or do the brightening procedure once every couple of years. It's not like it'll usually go yellow all that fast as long as it's not in direct sunlight.

it does go fast thou. like 2years maybe less.

and its not like skincancer its not like direct light makes it work its the "UV" latent in the room. very fue people leave the stuff they go yellow in direct like its just light bouncing around the room in daytime that you wouldn't even consider light that makes it yellow.

idknow I live in fear my shades of yellow on all my stuff is slightly off any way thou so I guess ill just paint shit one day if I really want to keep it.

>I don't see the point if it will go yellow again in 5years.

are you a fucking tree user?

Yellowing plastic is just part of the process of plastic degradation. The only true way to stop it would be to seal whatever you have in a vacuum, and store it away from any sources of light. Granted, it's mostly due to the way the ABS plastic is mixed, and can happen with other colors as well. For instance, the inner plastic palmrests and keyboard bezels in the Thinkpad X220/X230 are known to get brittle over time.

good old retr0bright

If you're in the UK then buy that shit you get to clean plastic double glazing will do the trick. Go to a double glazing firm and ask for a bottle. If you're a Fatberg Doodle, which I suspect you are, the just go to your local Dicks Sporting Goods and buy some 50% Caustic Liquor mix. That should do the trick.

Is your shit turning yellow?

>misses the entire beige point of 90's tech

What happens to the color of black ABS keycaps when it ages? Does it change color? Or is it still black?

Know your feel. Had a glass that was just painted metal with an under copper layer.
Over months my sweat eat all coting on glass legs that were in contact with skin

Use pom or pbt plastics.

Stop masturbating at your keyboard.

I have 30 year old equipment that looks like new, since it was kept in sealed boxes and out of light.
While some that's supposed to be white looks entirely brown, since it was kept in sunlight the whole time.