How the fuck do I get this yellow lan cable around, Jow Forums...

How the fuck do I get this yellow lan cable around, Jow Forums? The wall is painted white and the router is across 2 fucking doors

I'm fucking livid

Attached: 20190304_205848.jpg (4032x3024, 2.51M)

There are white cable tracks you can run along your wall and if you need to go through walls you can either drill a tunnel or install a cat5 jack on either side of the wall as a more fancy looking tunnel. Or you can just use wireless.

The lan cable currently runs like this. Fuck. I don't even know where to drill if ever.

Also I can't move the router

Attached: 1534109336363.png (927x558, 28K)

Ever see at a concert or a place with a lot of wires having pic related? Just get a few of these and a longer cable to run around the walls. Or just do what says.

Attached: image.jpg (232x232, 41K)

Part two, run cables with covers like so, making a wall hole or cat 5 port

Forgot pic related

Attached: image.jpg (927x558, 118K)

hey grampa there is a thing called modem, it send internet through the air.
search on google dot com.

>hey grampa there is a thing called modem, it send internet through the air.
>calling a wifi ap a modem
while it is technically a modem, so is a wired ethernet nic
you might as well just call it "an electronics", for all that's worth

Well about that....

Attached: 1527573339189.png (1318x1114, 54K)

Run cable externally, get a contractor to come in and run it inside the walls, use powerline adapters, stop being such a hopeless problem solver.

All of the above are options you should consider

just use these against the wall, go up around the doorways and drill two holes, one to get from the router room to the room below the room of the computer and a second one from that room to the room with the computer. You will need a longer cable however, but it'll be virtually invisible with these covers running the cable near the ceiling.

Attached: 2eec754e9887845fcc1b56ce1c667b87.jpg (700x700, 59K)

tell us about the drop ceiling, OP

Use 3+" tape, and tape it to the wall, and paint it, or you could do it the right way like

>Watch some cable installion videos on YouTube (Doesn't have to be Ethernet, can be coaxial, idea is the same)
>Go to your local workshop and get the required tools
>Be a man a do the job yourself

Are there any good flooring tapes that isn't as bulky as the one used in concerts?

>cat 5

Why not just do the same but run it across the ceiling

Do not use wifi if you want a secure intranet. If you do home banking, if you just dont want people even trying to crack your wifi, if you have any self respect at all regarding security dont use wifi. Wifi is also slower than ethernet

You could always go up ceiling wise, and no one would have to step on that eyesore. Personally I'd just go through the walls though.

go through windows and alongside the outside walls :^)

If you have a basement or crawl space, you’d only have to drill two holes in your floor.

>if you do home banking
I'm pretty sure all bank websites use ssl

Have you tried not living in your parents house?

Pretty sure that most people don't have a bank at home.
>Have you tried not living in your parents house?
In this economy. Are you insane?

Get a longer cord and tuck it to the wall, optionally, if you have a basement, it's way more fucking simple to just widen the hole the coaxial from your modem, run it through the basement, and up through the floor behind your computer.

Literally the best method and requires very little to no skill, just a drill or a lot of time with a knife or screwdriver.

drill hole in wall at one end
drill hole in wall at other end
buy 2xelectrical switchplate of your choosing
buy 2x8p8c connectors that fit the switchplate of your choosing
buy a small roll of cat6a cable
buy a krone tool
run the cable through the roof

hopefully you can fill in the gaps