OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NONONO

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-03-05 00-43-27.png (1594x1244, 645K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bugs.chromium.org/p/project-zero/issues/detail?id=1726&q=
theregister.co.uk/2016/10/27/how_googles_project_zero_made_apple_refactor_its_kernel/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Mohit Kumar
is on the case

MacToddlers BTFO

Attached: 1532908039790.png (313x291, 134K)

Attached: 1551668551658.webm (720x404, 2.97M)

based google

Attached: 1549722560017.jpg (832x623, 405K)

So what's the flaw?

looks like unrestricted keychain access

bugs.chromium.org/p/project-zero/issues/detail?id=1726&q=

The report, since op is gay

>bugs.chromium.org/p/project-zero/issues/detail?id=1726&q=

Google gives zero-day exploits to the government in return for payments. If they have released this it means that the government did not want to buy it. You can sell exploits like that for around 500,000 US Dollars
Obviously the government already knew about it

Cheers. The explanation there was very thorough but I still didn't fully get the implications tbqh. I guess it's unnoticed read / write access to files that's the issue, but how does it matter in practice, no idea.

What exactly does the Project Zero team do at Google? What's the benefit in discovering exploits in other companies' systems? MacOS doesn't have a bug bounty program.

ftfy

>What's the benefit in making competitors look bad
lol gee i dunno

Googles products are inherently linked with other manufacturers products. If macOS is an old POS where visiting a webiste means you lose all your accounts then it is in googles best interest to prevent that. Otherwise retarded itoddlers will blame google when they lose their gmail account.

Apple has become so powerful it now has other corporations wasting resources finding bugs in apple products - and they do it for free.

autism
you to know the ins and outs of the platforms people use to make sure your shit works
but i doubt that's the reason

The goal is to embarrass Google's competitors. Google doesn't follow the disclosure deadline for their own products. That's why you hear about unpatched vulnerabilities in Google products only when it was discovered by outsider security researchers.

the point of releasing apple's horseshit bug is so that people are aware that someone might be exploiting it and act accordingly
i.e. throwing apple's bullshit into the trash where it belongs

so apple hate is real

>software has zero day bug
>therefore its horseshit

actually google payed 9 billion to apple to keep their search engine default in safari

Attached: satania4.gif (500x281, 1.6M)

It's a local privilege escalation. Something to do with being able to take advantage of user-mounted filesystems and writing to them in a specific way that the system doesn't know about it and makes it visible to the user.

or they fix it in the timespan, either way you dont hear much of it just like for any other company

Keep on believing that, user.

BASED

>macOS kernel flaw
add that to the giant list over the past 2 decades
they don't even fix them, who cares.

One of the people at Project Zero (Ian Beer to be exact) disclosed a kernel vulnerability back in 2016 that forced Apple to rewrite major parts of both iOS and MacOS to fix it. It took them 8 months to do so.

theregister.co.uk/2016/10/27/how_googles_project_zero_made_apple_refactor_its_kernel/

>task_t considered harmful
This meme has gone too far.

Imagine being this guy lmao

Attached: a.jpg (714x362, 43K)

Attached: sataniapajeet.gif (800x1400, 260K)

Jesus christ when can brainlets learn to stop talking about things they know nothing about? im sick of that shit, and leqds to pointless discussions

BASED

>applelinsider
Site is literally run by a raving fantard german soiboi.

based google

fuck google

wtf is this true?

Got any exploits in the wild, Sambo? Remote ones for preference.
Or do you need to be in possession of the Mac and know the root password as usual?

Attached: satania6.gif (244x248, 113K)

i dont normally like google, but BASED & REDPILLED