Why are IPS screens even a thing?

Why are IPS screens even a thing?
They're worthless and yet shilled with le vivid colors and le viewing angles

Attached: switchsoyscreen.jpg (2048x1536, 736K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NDgp1UB-a9I
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_dot_display
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because OLED fucking sucks and my Vita looks similar but a bit less fucked

Attached: uAPSf.jpg (750x499, 48K)

Because those are toys for children and children do not give a flying fuck about accurate blacks.
Grow up.

Attached: 1551539877965.jpg (700x1252, 83K)

This. Also that Switch display is a 720p plastic one. If you're complaining about IPS, find something worth complaining about.

Because they are still less shit than VA or TN, while having no burn in issues like OLED.

Attached: 1551249969643.jpg (853x1280, 133K)

That's mura, the only way to even see that is a certain screen in MGS2 hd.
I've noticed the oled burn in is a meme too, pic related is a used launch 3G vita.

Attached: image6.jpg (4032x3024, 1.74M)

Post your monitor op

>shows low end IPS screens as an example
It's like the fags who buy cheap chink monitors and say IPS is bad while they never even used a high end one
objectively the least worst display technology currently available on the consumer market

What goyim, you wanted a glass screen on your $300 "portable" device?
What are you outta your mind?? We'd have to charge $500 for that!

k

Attached: lcd black level vs crt.jpg (3264x2448, 310K)

>goes back to jerking it to drawn crossdressers
wow you're such a mature technologist.

Shit LCD vs old CRT? What's the point?
CRT is great for content that works best on it, it isn't even nearly as good as modern high end flat panels.

A certain screen in MGS2? you can't be serious, it's an eyesore whenever screen is completely dark, ESPECIALLY with brightness turned all the way up.
Now post your screen with a completely black image on it.
I also use a launch day 3G Vits and mura is very visible on most of the screen

If left was a high end IPS screen, you'd only have slight bleed around the bright edges like on the CRT, thanks to selective backlighting. But with higher resolutions, display sizes and refresh rates than a CRT.

Oy gevalt goy, "goyim" is the plural, "goy" is the singular!
Remember this like you remember the 6 million who were mercilessly murdered in the holocaust!... Oy vey...

>Mother 3
Patrician taste

Cant CRT be made in different resolutions and aspect ratios?

Having colors and viewing angles is kind of a point of a screen.

You could buy wide screen CRT Trinitrons with resolutions going into ballpark of 1440p eauivalent, for exorbitant amounts of money. They were most likely the best technology had to offer.

Depends what you're willing to call a CRT at that point. Higher resolutions at higher sizes are harder to produce, screens with wider aspect ratios like the FW900 produce other problems that normal 4:3 CRTs that got much more research into them didn't.
CRT isn't a worthwhile technology to spend time on anymore. As said, hoard yourself some old high end ones and they will last you a lifetime for your old media and video games. Otherwise let's focus on making flat screens less shit.

I don't have anything to take a picture now, but I've only seen the mura on the first loading screen of MGS2 after you load your game
just opened up vita shell which has a 000000 background, closed the lights, turned up brightness and it's fine.
Same with my other 3.
OLED is based

Attached: muhvitas.jpg (4032x3024, 928K)

>1440p at 80Hz
When I can have a 1600p IPS with selective backlighting ultrawide at 120Hz for less than half of what that CRT cost when it came out.

>the OLED shill
All my Galaxies have the status bar and navigation buttons burned in, nice joke

Butthurt /v/ermin detected

Attached: 1549827328841.jpg (720x866, 117K)

please be bait

Just in case you aren't:
-Superior colors when compared to TN and VA
-ZERO screen burn-in and yellowing, unlike the (AM)OLED meme
-costs the same
>inb4 muh response time
yeah it's marginally worse than VA/TN but it's a *very* small price to pay.
The only all-around superior panel is QLED and that's expensive as fuck right now.

I can have consumer level IPS for 1/5th of the price of consumer CRT. And they usually use less than 1/3rd of the energy as well. And zero cancer in your retina.

>Galaxies
The vita doesn't have any persistant UI elements from game to game, it also multitasks (unlike le switch) so you can easily refresh the screen every once in a while during long sessions.

>screen is shit
>j-just keep refreshing the screen bro
OK guy, nice """""solution"""""

pressing the home button every couple of hours is worth having an actual contrast ratio

IPS is better then TN

youtube.com/watch?v=NDgp1UB-a9I
lol what burn-in

>And zero cancer in your retina.
cell phones give off more radiations than a CRT

Oled ain't based, i have the same problem on my Galaxy S5 at low brightness.
OLED is systematically flawed. It controls the backlight and screen colors based on the power going through it. When it's at low brightness, the screen isn't receiving enough power for every pixel, so it defaults to a bright green and orange flickering state that won't stop until you turn the brightness back up.
Now there is a way around this, by download an app that can artificially darken the screen, and it avoids this.
But still, avoid OLED and AMOLED for this reason. It's a pain in the ass reading at night, and getting a disco flash in your face.
The best is IPS and LCD, everything else is a meme, for me LCD wins because IPS has high input lag, and that can seriously fuck you when playing a game or watching any sports.

have you even used a vita outside your basement? the fucking """contrast ratio""" basically means dark stuff is so dark games are almost unplayable outdoors, nice feature on a fucking PORTABLE SYSTEM.
There's a reason SNOY abandoned OLED panels for their vita slim, it wasn't just a budget measure.
I'll take shitty blacks but being able to play under daylight over OLED shit, thanks

>photo taken in broad daylight
absolutely disgusting

>The only all-around superior panel is QLED
Those are VA though

How will this help me when we are talking about monitors to use with computers?

this helps stuck pixels, not burned in ones

>>inb4 muh response time
>yeah it's marginally worse than VA/TN but it's a *very* small price to pay.
This depends also on the quality. A 240Hz IPS panel will have better latency than a 144Hz VA panel.

No, it's something entirely different.

IPS has better colors than VA.
VA is pretty nice tho, certainly better than OLED and TN.

wut

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_dot_display

fucking retard

>No, it's something entirely different
The Samsung QLED TVs, the only QLED you can actually buy? Those are definitely VA LCDs, look it up.

See

See: TN, IPS, VA, are all TFT LCDs. Just because they share the basic technology, doesn't mean it's the same. A QD-LED LCD is not the same as a VA LCD.

Are you pretending to be retarded?

Those aren't true QD LED like was talking about

Sure thing buddy. I guess heat on a first skin layer is now worse than canon shooting lasers into your eyes.

I have no idea about phones, but CRTs weren't the cancer cannons zoomers pretend to think they are.
It was pretty low on the scale of a 90's household in terms of emitting radiation.

What am I supposed to see here?

>A QD-LED LCD
No such thing. They might use a TFT, but there is no LCD layer, therefore not an LCD. Also, you can't buy them.

>Are you pretending to be retarded?
No, are you?

How do you know user was talking about QD LED? They clearly said "QLED" which is a marketing name Samsung uses for their VA TVs with QD-enhanced backlight. user also said they were "expensive as fuck," which implies something that's actually possible to buy, which isn't applicable to any type of QD display other than LCDs with QD backlights.

>No such thing. They might use a TFT, but there is no LCD layer, therefore not an LCD. Also, you can't buy them.
EXACTLY THE POINT YOU RETARD.
VA are TF, your shit isn't.

Sorry, I mad.

>How do you know user was talking about QD LED?
Because QLED are not superior to IPS with selective backlighting, while QD are?
yes QD is actually available, working prototypes have existed since 2013, making getting one extremely expensive

Can you show me an advertised price for one? If not, I contend that that they aren't available to buy in any practical sense.

>moving goalpost this bad
did you buy a QLED TV and now have buyers remorse after finding out it's not a real QD display?

I don't understand your point. Why bring up "QD-LED LCD," something that doesn't exist?

Sorry, I guess I made an incorrect assumption that if something is "expensive as fuck" that means it's actually to buy, like, in a store. My mistake.