I want to go back ;_;

I want to go back ;_;

Attached: 1.jpg (1600x1095, 702K)

someone should start a PC building company that takes new components and puts them in cases that look old but provide modern functionality, noise levels, airflow, etc. the aesthetic seems to be getting more popular with each passing year and the rose-colored glasses of nostalgia. seems like a no-brainer.

Meh, I liked the 90's more where you could just go into Staples and buy a cheap $250 pre-built and then buy more RAM and a decent GPU to plop in there, spending maybe another $200, and run every game on the market without any issues....

why are these so expensive? our 486 didnt nearly cost that much

Attached: 1539548855818.gif (489x418, 2.37M)

australia...

>top names in computers
>no MSX2
>no Sharp X1
>no GODLIKE Sharp X68000
Literally into-the-trash-this-thread-goes.

>Harvey Norman

Attached: 1506353304758.jpg (1920x1200, 442K)

I have that compaq contura Aero somewhere in my storage. With the external floppy drive.

Software was quite good. Suspend and hibernate functionality, reasonable battery time.
Plug n play pcmciaa card. I never found any dos 6.22 wifi to work with my wifi adapter.

overpaying for less?

you still do that when buying today's technology, there is nothing to be nostalgic about

Lol even back then computers made by mac were better than the plasticky pee-seas

>Harvey Norman's hardly normal sale

>even back then

Attached: 1548232744687.png (431x450, 250K)

>"heaps of pre-installed software"
>They actually advertised like this
I'm good senpai

>4 Mb RAM
w-what did they mean by the small 'b'?

Attached: 1542304127394.gif (286x400, 1.76M)

ayy lmao
good find

imagine how fast would such computer be

Attached: 1530220912874.gif (227x221, 967K)

Back then it made sense, after a fresh install you couldn't just go and download a complete suite of software in half an hour and have it installed in ten minutes. If you weren't lucky enough to have everything on hand, you had to track down some guy who has what you need, beg him to let you borrow/copy it, or in the worst case just copy the directory because the retard didn't keep the media. Then you actually had to get it to work... Besides, back then bloatware and adware weren't really a thing, so it wasn't like you had tons of non-removable useless crap that bothered you with popups and spied on you. The worst you could encounter was shareware that had limited functionality and/or kept pestering you about buying it.

horrible collection of reaction gifs.

share some of yours so I can improve for later

Attached: 1519171755515.gif (202x268, 1.76M)

Shut up cunt

shit, this might be the first time someone stood up for me on Jow Forums(nel)

Ah, back when computers cost real money.

people always bitch about how much apple laptops cost but for everything you can do on them $2000 is pretty cheap adjusted for inflation from the 90s

May also be a question of when you got it. 486 was ungodly expensive when it was new, but became much cheaper later in its life, and especially when it was a budget alternative to Pentium.

Megabyte. This was a time when people were less autistic about these things.

Those prices are in dollarydoos so halve them to get a rough idea of their cost in freedom money.

your telling me

Attached: Word Perfect.png (638x399, 8K)

>tfw had that laptop in top right
>company bought it for dad who never used it so it was just my toy for playing chips challenge

Attached: 1527516304783.jpg (566x800, 90K)

Isn't it fortuitous that the general trend is inevitavly toward more autism in all areas of life

best value

Attached: bestvalue.jpg (216x361, 78K)

enjoy your fake cache chips