Some games simply run better on windows. I treat windows as a console, a retarded one, but a console nonetheless...

Some games simply run better on windows. I treat windows as a console, a retarded one, but a console nonetheless. I have nothing there installed but games. Use Linux for everything else(and games that run without having to tweak for 2 hours) and use Windows for games that just don't work on Linux or requires a night of tweaking to make them work half as good as they should.
All this to say that there's literally nothing wrong with dual boot.

Attached: quack.jpg (2292x1200, 70K)

I keep Wangdows on it's own machine, with internet connectivity only when I choose to update. This machine only gets used for games and SDR radio applications. I fucking hate Windows, but it's a necessary evil sometimes.

I treat windows as a console, a retarded one, a worthless one that I make fun of while not having it anywhere close me, only using it when someone else is foolish enough to have one.

Except there is something wrong with dual boot: it's not PCI passthrough

Protip: On some hardware configurations and in some vidyas Metal API v3 and newer beats DirectX in terms of performance.

Attached: 1550926576687.jpg (1250x521, 78K)

Tried to game on my pc with Linux for a year, and while it was possible for most of my Steam games, Rockstart updated GTA and lost the ability to play online, also the performance in some games was even half compared to Windows. I came back to windows three months ago and all games runs great and smooth. Still I'll be following Proton development because I do want to game on linux in the future.

Anyway, you could just setup a Windows2Go USB with your games in it.

first of all gfy desu.
gaming in vm with gpu passthrough beats dual booting any day.

>having to buy 2 GPUs for passthrough
yes goy, ditch windows for Linux

You are right op. There is nothing wrong with a dual boot. In fact, there is nothing wrong with using windows if you *NEED* it. Gnu/Linux is best for everything besides gaming and working in hollywood.

no one cares. Why do Linux using faggots want to brag about their usage of their barely functional toy OS whose only fringe use case is Super Computers (which all of Jow Forums is too stupid to even comprehend) and the occasional Server?

Back in the day, I use MS-DOS 5 for everything and had huge autoexec.bat and config.sys files that streamlined bootup and game selection so 1 game would get all the resources.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 18K)

>Metal

Attached: if-i-put-an-apple-logo-on-that-would-you-give-me-.jpg (400x400, 77K)

You don't actually need this, it's possible to do with 1 GPU, or you can use integrated graphics as the other, or pick up some super cheap GT 210 or whatever as the other GPU.

Yup. We tear your ass apart.

Just use windows you autistic snowflakes.

*runs MEMMAKER*

They're purposefully ruining windows at a point linux will be the (much) better option once windows 7 gets ditched.

>there's literally nothing wrong with dual boot.

You're either maintaining all your applications twice, or you reboot just to write an email or use another specific program. Both is incredibly annoying.

>games
>past the age of 12

kek

Jow Forums - where everyone is a (((content creator)))

Linux is a kernel not an OS.

Allowing Microsoft to cuck you into using windows in exchange for some bargain bin entertainment is playing right into their hands.

Closed-source game developers that refuse to support a proper OS and despise you having freedom, instead trying to trick you into spending money on lootboxes and such, are not worth giving your time to.

My suggestion is to find other ways to spend your leisure time.

>Being this much of a faggot.

I'm here to politely disagree with you.
There are many, many, many games out there that are quite good.Thousands of games.
But you're losing like 2-3 if you go linux only.

True dis

You would actually lose all of them if you went 'Linux-only' because Linux is a kernel, not an OS. It doesn't play games by itself.

Anyway a closed-source software cannot be good as it is by definition, harmful. When game companies refuse to share source code they exert absolute contol over the product which results in diminished experiences for any and all customers.

A good example would be that outside developers are forbidden from porting the game to their OS of choice and instead all customers are forced to use windows or buy some walled-garden game console. I'm sure you can think of more examples too if you tried, for example missing features or bugs that the developers refuse to fix.

But you can't really expect more from the game industry at this point because the whole thing is based off of closed locked-down hardware, not platforms that are free and open. It's mindless consumption the whole way down.

This is why I refuse to both give them money and refuse to use their products.

everybody has 2 GPUs lol
you fat fucking mongoloid

ITSH GAHNOO LINOOX
LINOOX JUST COLOONEL

New to linux , does running a windows 10 vm or something let you run games decently that won't work with either native/wine/proton etc?

No. You can use Linux without GNU and vice versa.

However, Linux is still a kernel.

Retroarch as far i know is open source and it's pretty much all you need.

LINNOOX COLDNEL REEEEEEEEEEE

gb2reddit

All the shit I see of windows 10 makes me want to stay the fuck away from it. I want a real alternative they've taken it too far.

LINOYX KILNERL EVERYONE ELSE PLEBBITOR

Are you okay, sweetie?

*sweaty

RREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE LINUX KILNERL STALLMAN REEEEEEE

Pajeet seems to have a meltdown:

I had the same idea about dual booting so I got a 2nd ssd for my laptop and installed kubuntu.

Linux uses less resources than windows but it makes the laptop way hotter. So now i have to choose between my laptop overheating and reduced battery life or running windows smoothly but use the botnet.
There is no scape

Dualboot is the best option. It requires the least setup and is guaranteed to work correctly.

I wish Proton was good but it's barely useful.

No. Retroarch is primarily used to play closed source roms.

I don't think there's much of a source on those games, as they were mostly written in assembler.
But the comments and labels do help a bit.

This is now a KVM general thread.

This is only true of very old (25+ years old) games. Many of those have probably had their source lost. We should start demanding to those that haven't to have their source codes publicly released or donated to a museum.

Almost everything else from the late 16 bit era on has been in a high level language and would be useful to have source for especially given the popularity of emulators and rom hacking.

Playstation was the first console to widely use high level languages (C in this case).

>colonel
Fucking kek

I did this for a couple of years, and then I found myself installing more software on Windows, and then just not using Linux. I realized that I was just forcing myself to use Linux for no reason since all of the software that I enjoyed was on Windows. Ended up just uninstalling Linux on my main pc completely.