Google overpaid women engineers

Google overpaid women engineers.

Attached: Screenshot_20190304-133625_Google News.jpg (1080x1099, 256K)

Other urls found in this thread:

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=19303039
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Google_products
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Can someone give me a quick rundown on why it's always the companies that self-referentially define themselves as nu, liberal & progressive that are inevitably the most discriminatory, sexist and racist?

Attached: 411c730e847a8bea4c7ef7b38a00520a.jpg (530x657, 49K)

so they can pay the male employees less, not female employees more

>usually less women in these fields
>forced quotas to get more women
>smaller pool to choose from
>fewer top-notch highly skilled and highly experience people to choose from

The majority of the difference is from entry-level womxn devs being given bigger offers from Google recruiters for the same roles where men were not. However, Google will retroactively pay the employees to cover the difference.

Attached: Screenshot_20190304-140226_Chrome.jpg (1076x1154, 434K)

As a man I don't care if I get underpayed aslong as women don't earn kess than me.

maybe the women were being overcompensated then

Turns out the wage gap actually is real

Finally google is paying women what they deserve but the fight is not over, many women are paid less than men in many other companies and industries.
Keep on fighting the good fight!

I would say that if you are a woman in tech you had to deal with a lot more bullshit and so it's not a surprise that the collection of female engineers has greater talent on average than otherwise considering every mediocre dude gets an engineering degree.

>"the liberals are the REAL bigots."
Let me guess, you support Trump and are an incel?

coping

>being underpaid
her is how it normally goes for me
>"hey boss I need this afternoon/morning off"
>why.jpg
>trying to sound like I don't wanna tell
>finally admitting I have a job interview ( that doesn't exist)
>profit

Nope, I'm a #Berniebro

Let me guess you are a faggot tranny and wanted Clinton to win

Attached: 1540418853013.jpg (456x548, 143K)

Decent bait, not too over the top. I'll give you a (you) for that one.

And you know this how? Have you actually studied the subject with any rigor or are you just spewing political memery?

Attached: A trannys realisation.png (1483x363, 171K)

But... Straight white men are already so privileged they pretty much don't need pay at all.

Every time I see trannyposters on any IB I think of this threadcap and am comforted in the knowledge that they will never live a normal life.

>40%

Since most people on Jow Forums are cucks, allow someone like me from the generation of old ibms to give you the rundown.

Everyone views themselves in a mirror. If they believe the world is racist, it's because they see the world as racist. So to them, in order to fight what they hate, they use the only weapon they understand: their self reflection.

When you think of conservatives and say they're racist, remember that it was conservatives that helped blacks get to where they are. The left/ democrats/ every leftist regime has always tried to put people in classes to CONSOLIDATE POWER. This last one is the reason why you see this happen at virtue signal companies or people. They are only saying these stuff to define the world to their will so that they may rule it.

virtue signaling while pulling a double standard is part of their business model.

but it's not racist if it's against white male

Attached: 1526907984119.png (988x1059, 143K)

Needs an HIV+ patch somewhere on there too.

Google no!

Well put, luckily most of said companies attempts have backfired severly.

That is objectively the stupidest thing I've ever read on this board.

That is objectively the stupidest post I've ever read on this board.

Refute anything I've said without using a single leftist term.

Based anti-idpol commie

gr8 b8 m8

I see the "liberuls are the real racis!" crowd is still in denial of how the GOP has embraced racism since the Southern Strategy

I was questioning how, despite having diversity training classes, very liberal hiring practices for minority groups and endless in-house audits to determine if there is discrimination, still manage to have such a difficult time producing the results of equality they want.

My post was not calling liberals insincere, it was a coy condemnation of Google for their self-proclaimed liberal outlook while being precisely the opposite in practice.

Attached: 187678-049-FC27F4D0.jpg (320x240, 18K)

The Southern Strategy was a political tactic both parties employed. The South used it so they could keep their land and laws. The north used it cause they wanted everyone to become their industrial slaves. Whites, black, everyone.

You spend your nights on Jow Forums so you probably don't need anyone to repeat this shit to you again

Based retard

>Spotify
lol

You got it wrong comrade: women got paid more reasonable wages than men. Now it's time for men to get paid equal to women.

Attached: Karl_Marx_001.jpg (1263x1600, 1.23M)

>engineers

>"the liberals are the REAL bigots."
That's actually true though
You're not refuting anything by using that

I didn't vote for Trump but I will in his second term

And I lost my virginity when I was 13

Where does that place me???

> condemnation of Google for their self-proclaimed liberal outlook while being precisely the opposite in practice.
Well yea, that costs money.
Virtue signaling on twitter is free.

I am so fucking tired of politics and gender bullshit.

>And I lost my virginity when I was 13
>Where does that place me???

Catholic, maybe?

Roastie fuck off

The reason is because people are different and different types of people are different from other types. Any difference is an inequality; 567 might be close to 562, but they are not equal because they are not exactly the same. This is why equality is a pipe dream, a flase virtue created in pursuit of a real but now forgotten virtue of fairness, forgotten because it's often hard to tell when something is or is not fair. Pursuing fairness would mean lawyers and legislators have to put more effort into their rules and rulings than simply saying "inequality is not allowed", so they don't.

Real wisdom from an oldfag.
Well said.

>The push for "equality" has turned into (insert minority here) being unfairly advantaged over the majority
Say it ain't so!

Screencap of truth

I don't have to refute anything. You are an idiot.

Nice fantasy pedo.

Excellent argument, you just destroyed him

Epic talking point bro, you get that from Chunky Yogurt and Ana "I'm better than you" Kasperian?

>Everybody talk about feminist
Real thing is about H1B pajeet as slave labor

Woops

Cope

White men should be punished

Reparations when.

Why doesn't everybody at Google get paid exactly the same? I thought they supported equality in California?

That's the way it should be. Do a job? Get paid what the job is worth. Want a job? Be able to do it better than anyone else. Unfortunately, the push for "equality" forgets to take into account that equality of opportunity does not always result in equality of outcome.

Why can't Jow Forums make an argument without strawmanning?

>And that's a good thing!

Watch as every harpie shrieks that this doesnt prove they arent being underpaid

>yes yes pay me nothing! Just make sure the women get the money!

It's like the data women are paid more than men in entry level jobs is accurate

Lmao’ing @ ur life. If bait you spent time coming up with that shit. If not bait lmao holy shit I bet you have lots a “friends” who are totally not sick of you constantly being offended.

>Google's 2018 analysis found that in one group of lower-level software engineers men "received less discretionary funds than women," according to the post authored by Google's lead analyst for pay equity and people analytics, Lauren Barbato.
>Nearly half of the adjustment fund was spent on discrepancies in offers to new hires, Barbato wrote, which was the result of a new hire analysis Google conducted in the 2018 study.
google is trying to entice women because
>muh diversity

On HN, known for its sexism and racism, they dare to whine over male discrimination. And it's not getting deleted. :(

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=19303039

>High school, college, any STEM fields are all overwhelmingly biased in terms of favoring women. 57% of college graduates are women. Men are not only getting the short end of the stick but are being told by every voice that they are privileged, it’s their fault, they are bad whereas women have sooooo many extra programs and positive reinforcement to succeed.
>No one with a straight face can tell me women in entry level tech programs are not incredibly favored. All my below average coder friends that are women got awesome jobs with high salaries extremely easily. Yes, I talk with them and they agree with what I’m saying.

>Anecdotally, I've run a couple of tech conferences and know others who have as well fairly recently. We've made a point to hold workshops for under represented groups, had the Codes of Conduct, make a lot of extra effort to reach out to women as speakers etc..
>In the end, we would get 5 to 10 times as many talk submissions from men, accept nearly all of the talks by women (often turning down higher quality talks from men) trying to get diversity numbers and have a much higher cancellation rate form the women for various reasons, especially money. If we were lucky we would get 20-30% women speakers when all of that was done. I've also been told by some diversity activists that, in order to get women to speak and to get higher percentages of women as speakers etc., unlike most of the men, you need to pay for their travel etc., offer free tickets for women attendees, consider offering stipends for women who speak etc..
>Others, organizing other conferences have shared similar experiences. It's one thing to fight against blatant sexism which I'm for, but this is turning into something else.

What the fuck do these 10s of thousands of people do at google?

W O K E
O O
K K
E E

>What the fuck do these 10s of thousands of people do at google?
migrating to the latest version of the internal frameworks

Who do you think is searching the shit you're typing into google?

I've been noticing this everywhere in the last few years. If someone calls themselves "honest" they are most likely a huge liar. It's kind of like a Fruedian slip but on a collective level and inverted. Inverted because instead of accidentally calling yourself a liar, you call yourself honest. You see this with advertising all the time. Nearly whatever a company says about their product, the opposite is probably true. I have yet to see some intellectual fully expand on this notion. If you keep calling yourself virtuous, you are probably the opposite. Hypocrisy comes to mind, but it's even more extreme than mere hypocrisy.

why do you dehumanize people like that?i fundamentally disagree with their life decisions having been in that realm of a crossroad before but it doesnt mean i wish them death, just pity them

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Google_products

Nice you collection fren

Because these types of people only view people through race/gender/ other attribute and then say they aren't racist. The fact they think woman and minorities need to be part of a quota shows how little they think of them. Normal people will hire on skill/merit and disregard any other factors