JavaScript isn't that bad

There are shitty design choices in JavaScript as with all other languages ever. Mostly though it gets a bad rap because tards don't use it right and blame the language itself. Zoomer fags write heavy event listeners that get called real time without debouncing because they don't know any better. There's also a legion of dumb cunts using IE. That forces devs to transpile their code back several revisions holding back optimization. Don't blame the tool, blame the tards who can't use it right.

Attached: webdev.jpg (2560x1420, 146K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stackoverflow.com/questions/14012603/how-to-implement-dijkstra-algorithm-in-haskell
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

js is a security risk, retard

>JavaScript isn't that bad
>There are shitty design choices in JavaScript as with all other languages ever. Mostly though it gets a bad rap because tards don't use it right and blame the language itself. Zoomer fags write heavy event listeners that get called real time without debouncing because they don't know any better. There's also a legion of dumb cunts using IE. That forces devs to transpile their code back several revisions holding back optimization. Don't blame the tool, blame the tards who can't use it right.

Attached: 1524867133610.gif (800x371, 193K)

>he browses websites with javashit enabled
>2019

Kill yourself.

Honestly what is with all the JS hate?

>JavaScript isn't that bad
>There are shitty design choices in JavaScript
As it turns out I might as well have stopped reading right there like I was inclined to. JavaScript is objectively shit, is a security risk no matter if "properly" or shittily implemented, and the fact that IE is a shit browser doesn't excuse JavaScripts inherent flaws.

If you make a thread about something, you may as well shill it yourself OP.
Try to open a Java, C#, PHP, C++, Go thread and check if any user will say it's a good language.

> is a security risk no matter if "properly" or shittily implemented
wrong

I'm not the OP. I'm just a concerned bystander that knows nothing of webdev.

Found the JavaScript "Programmer"

Hi, Crockford, glad to see you're doing well. I agree wholeheartedly.

Because JS developers make a lot of money doing less "hardcore" work than building compilers and boring shit like that. It hurts C developers fragile egos. And since JS isn't perfect, it's easy to slap at to project their anger.

cope

The problem is not with JS as a language, the problem is the idea of running active content in the browser. At all. In any language.

Attached: 1551690741305.png (442x341, 146K)

>And since JS isn't perfect
oh lol

how many dependencies does npm have? are you fucking retard think this is a tiny imperfection?

the whole "ecosystem" is a monument of "human" stupidity and retardation.

but prior to that, it is the idea of choice a weaky-tyeped language.

Nobody forces you to use npm.

All turing complete client side browser scripting is cancer. Doesn't matter how "good" or "bad" the language would be otherwise. Javascript is the cancer killing the web.

Name a single bad design choice in Haskell
protip: you can't

The fact that it is unusable for pretty much any real world application.
Implement Djisktra's algorithm in Haskell.

Haskell is complete ass with memory efficiency, but it is hard to narrow that down to one specific design choice. So I'll just go with the default strings being linked lists issue. (I like Haskell btw.)

>it is unusable for pretty much any real world application.
It was designed to be that way. Feature, not a bug :^)

You can google the algorithm in haskell stackoverflow.com/questions/14012603/how-to-implement-dijkstra-algorithm-in-haskell

XSS

It is the most obvious solution to implement strings as your default data structure with characters. There are dozens of other strings though.

Nope. Javascript in its essence is bad because it's open source and too easy to exploit.

>implying closed source shit isn't being hacked and excploited left and right
You won't even get a (You) from me

Attached: epeo0GS.jpg (1501x762, 121K)

You don't have to use node for your project.