YFW you don't live in a shithole like BRITBONGISTAN

>YFW you don't live in a shithole like BRITBONGISTAN

Attached: c20938449f69d80311c6cee009bab191eab92dcb.jpg (600x450, 73K)

All burgerclaps are forced to pay for a license. They just don't know about it.

>TV license
What's the reason?

>watching tv
>having a tv

>having to pay £100 a year
>no advertisements

Sounds like a fair trade off.

>No advertisement
>No TV
>Not paying for something that you don't want and don't use
That seems more fair to me.

hi /vp/

PBS gets around $445 million from federal funds, divide that per capita and you'll get around $3 per year. Brits are just retarded.

$1.4 actually

But TV license also funds BBC radio, no? So you'll have to add NPR funds to that. Anyway - you don't have to pay if you don't watch live TV, so that regulation is definitely fairer than the German or Austrian system - there you have to pay fees if you possess a TV capable of recieving a broadcast signal.

After moving to the US, I don't think the US system is better though. There's a fucking ad break every 3 minutes.

PBS makes junk instead of Planet Earth.

Then just don’t watch TV, moron. Get Netflix. Ad free. There is NOTHING good on TV and you know it.

That's $3 per yer for shit nobody watches, so they have to beg your for donations.
Brits got something they actually watch and nobody plows them with 30 minutes of commercials every hour.

lol brits are disgusting

Attached: 1526382320619.jpg (592x717, 73K)

It's what I did/do. Just wanted to contribute to the discussion and expand on the PBS argument, and make a point that the BBC license fee isn't the worst shit to happen. Not that BBC is amazing TV either..

Netflix subscription is cheaper, sad. They need to seriously consider selling the BBC to like Disney or Fox or something.

AOL took over Time Warner once. Are you too young to remember what happened next?

>get one or get done
fucking lol

I lived in a Comcast area.

Attached: brit0022751.jpg (375x450, 19K)

I also fail to see the point of the comparison, maybe I am retarded.

BBC would have better funding with multinational coverage and an American corporation behind it.

Why do Americans think us having a TV license is some kind of oddity?

Attached: 20190305_073008.jpg (1198x2192, 881K)

cuz its kinda gay bruv

shitflix is in huge long-term debt. when bubble bursts, they're fucked.
raising the subscription price and commercials are inevitable, they absolutely will do this at some point later.

>BBC would have better funding with multinational coverage and an American corporation behind it.

And it would turn every BBC production into an American shitshow, a copy of some US sitcom or Fox News taking head garbage. The TV license protects you from most of these.

In Poland it's even more fucked up. Lawmakers in poland decided that tv license is demanded for the ABILITY TO RECEIVE state tv and radio at any time. So if you have a radio or TV - you are able to receive at any moment it and thus you have to register. You could buy a tv and store it in a box under your bed but still - you could receive tv if you wanted.

I don't know why manufacturers don't offer tvs without tuner heads. Many people buy tvs to watch vod, play games, watch torrented stuff - they don't need a dvbt or any other tuner.

It’s not that we think it’s an oddity — it’s that we think it’s retarded. We vote with our wallets for what we collectively think is good TV. Sure, a lot of garbage is produced (and the BBC produces plenty, don’t even start), but we make some glorious content like Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul, Bojack Horseman, the hilariously bad Seinfeld; the list goes on. All of this produced without being forced to pay at gunpoint. Thanks, freedom.

Attached: 85A49100-B063-417D-A147-CA737715D918.png (232x293, 99K)

>but we make some glorious content
Both public and private British TV produced some pretty swell stuff as well, I don't think there's any point in discussing the quality of productions when all you look at is the top 1%.

What you get with a TV licesense is less political dependence, the public can demand certain quality to be upheld, and the occasional pedophile hosting shows for kids. The British newspaper landscape would be much better off if there were an analogous system.

>I also fail to see the point of the comparison
BBC is fine, so was Time Warner. They never needed to sell, let alone for inflated stock. Netflix is not a measuring stick for success, they have a very turbulent future ahead of them and they know it. That's why they producing a insane amount of shows like no other media and practicing advanced tracking technologies (there is no botnet bigger than Netflix).

That Brits watch public television isn't a sponsorship of public television content, it's really a mark of shame against British taste in television programming.

at least you have the option to not pay, they don't even ask us - they just take it from our taxes

>less political dependence
But you’re forced to pay... isn’t that /more/?
>public can demand certain quality to be upheld
Clearly that system doesn’t work for us with PBS here in the States. We just have a really bad time with government on this side of the pond.

You literally dont pay the fee if you dont watch LIVE tv.

I don't get why the UK is uniquely targeted by these threads - many countries have a form of TV licence America is just unique in not having one.

this can easily be solved by making a cap of some sort to plug the antena connector but it has to be removable [by the bbc ofc] in case you want to sell your tv, then the bbc can just put that cap on the antena but they will want to jew you for removing it

>We vote with our wallets
You don't because you can't. So you have to suffer through whoring for tampons and beer every 5 minutes.
Still can't believe having a series with full one-hour (as in 60 minutes) episodes was a monumental event for americunts, and you had to pay for HBO to get one.

The US system is infinitely superior as it allows cable cutting. The illusion of achieving greater good through government licensing has been brought to a truly laughable end as the European model had not only been outpaced by American television in terms of quality of product, they now look to be outpaced by streaming services in terms of variety.
The adaptation for Good Omens, an all time great British literature, will now be done by Amazon, while BBC broadcasts its nineth historically accurate adaptation of the middle ages.

The British version of the office sucks.

Attached: brit beauty.jpg (800x474, 111K)

Lol burgers are disgusting

Attached: fatugly.jpg (421x462, 46K)

>be britbong
>have no tv license
>barred from obtaining a tv license due previous conviction of possessing blu-ray player
>buy tv illegally on the black market
>scratch serial number off of tv, ready to finally watch some cheeky Last Week with John Oliver
>the Bureau of Anime, Television & Film kick down door wielding assault batons
>the dealer got caught selling illegal universal remotes and ratted out his customers
>imprisoned indefinitely for illegal possession of a television, possession of television with defaced serial number, illegally accessing cable and treason for disobeying the law

britbongs will defend this.

>outpaced by American television in terms of quality of product
t. shit that never happened
>outpaced by streaming services in terms of variety
streaming still can't deliver anything not bound for binge watching
>The adaptation for Good Omens, an all time great British literature, will now be done by Amazon
Pic related for you being a fucking retard. lmao

Attached: oh no no no.png (265x80, 3K)

You're all fucking disgusting.
Somebody post some kawaii uguus.

Where's the fucking 3D filter.
Nvm, found it

I can and I do. I don’t pay for cable or TV of any kind. I pay for Hulu, Netflix, and Amazon Prime (does anyone not do so?), totaling

>John Oliver
Whole point on sending this fag to you was never seeing his face again.

I would remove the antenna from my house and just use the TV for streamed/local content.
I already don't watch TV.

>Japan isn't listed
Fucking NHK bought their way off the list, I tell you.

>I pay for Hulu, Netflix, and Amazon Prime (does anyone not do so?)

Attached: 1551299539377.jpg (640x640, 52K)

>he thinks they won't tax muhflix

It generally turns out to be considerable extra expense to offer different versions of a model of something, even if the variant is just removing one thing. Just not worth it to companies, unless a major fuckload of people will not buy the standard model.

Why would anyone watch live TV?

Attached: decep.jpg (460x614, 58K)

Shell out more burgerbux for Disney's service (which now also owns 20th Century Fox), expect others to follow suit and pull everything from competing services.

>50.50 monochrme
why the fuck this is still a thing?

There's >10k people paying for it too.

>hulu is no thing in europe
>netflix is great for kids shows like pokemon or ladybug
>have prime anyways so why not use it to rewatch shows like seinfeld or house?
what's the problem?

>nz
>every tv comes with Freeview built in
>now modern tv's include a free on demand service
Too bad every show here is shit (just like the country)

>watching TV
I'd go "off the grid" to spite The Man and just stream shit

Can't be any worse than Australia in terms of the shit that's on TV.

You're already paying for 3 separate services, and it's not going to be cheaper as years go by.
Their best content is from TV, isn't owned by them and subject to hop to another service with better terms.
Their own content is "Proud Cuck: An American Lifestyle", an award-winning shitflix original they will try to force on you every time they lose rights on something you actually want to watch.

So it's basically just like in Austria.
You have to pay if you own a device capable of receiving TV signals. That's why a company started selling TV's without tuners. Google "nogis"

>Our database
>Personal data

Time to get GDPR'd

Strictly speaking, a TV without a tuner built in is a monitor, not a TV.

They're leaving the EU anyway.

I know. And I think they never call them TV's on their website.

Oh for anyone that cares,
In Austria it's 20-25€ per month.
But you do get amazing shows on the main channel.
It's basically reruns of Malcolm, how I met your mother, big bang theory and two and a half men. And tomorrow morning, there will be reruns of the reruns of today.

>a bunch of sitcoms and crime serials
>good content

>Leaving EU

Attached: 1551172249548.png (600x580, 577K)

Attached: brexit_by_cpt_katawa_da7otnp-fullview.jpg (1024x724, 103K)

Could be worse. In Germany they got tired of even asking people whether they had radios or TVs, so they just made it a flat per household fee. It's okay though, I listen to a local public radio station a lot because it's the only one that doesn't play top 40 or tired hits of the 2000s/90s/80s and instead plays classical, jazz and folk without commercials or fundraisers.

How did you faggots allow this to happen

What the fuck

What's TV license?

Only listing countries, not islands

Paying over 300 dollturds per year in switzerland for TV and radio never watch or listen to. That's life friendos

tfw no good 80s stations that dont play modern shit inbetween.
or radios without stupid talk shows

The ABC (Australia) gets over a billion dollars each year, and it's absolutely nothing but leftist propaganda. On the radio today they were talking about how "Female rage" is a good thing, unless they support Trump, in which case they're literally white aupremacists.

They also pay Foxtel (a privately owned cable company) $30m each year to run more women's sports.

Everything is an island, some are smaller, some are bigger

flat fee was an idea that wasproposed here in poland but the initiative died i guess. Shame cause it could have been lower amount paid universally so more income in effect. Poland is truly a shithole.

Attached: taxe_2395740k.jpg (858x536, 62K)

Attached: big_brother_f.jpg (375x500, 41K)

Attached: 24936FBE00000578-0-image-a-58_1420939394735.jpg (634x420, 76K)

Attached: The_Bong_Police.webm (640x360, 2.06M)

Attached: Bogon_Blowgun.webm (640x480, 1.74M)

>nogis

nice, my german is shit though - do they rip tuners from brand tvs or buy some chinese OEMs without tuners? website looks like just two guys selling displays, i wonder about the scale of this company. are their displays popular?

Attached: 1550413639209.webm (854x480, 1.71M)

Homosexuals are
FUCKING
GAY

A FUCKING COLO(U)R TAX

Attached: raiku and waifu.jpg (481x750, 257K)

Why are bongs such docile slaves? All you need to control them is a ball and a couple of lads on shorts running around and some deepfried fish and chips, and you can do whatever you want to them.

Live TV or iPlayer in general now, they updated the rules so you need one for even non-live content on there.

>taxing the coloured
BASED UK

>The ABC (Australia) gets over a billion dollars each year, and it's absolutely nothing but leftist propaganda.
It's actually about as balanced as it's practical to be. It's just that anything that isn't right wing enough for the right wing nutjobs gets called leftist propaganda.

>Paying for BBC's shitty Jew funded content
You're whats wrong with this country

Also FYI the BBC can't prove you don't have a TV license, so don't pay for it

>you got a license for dat TV M8?

>Watching tv